GB HOMEPAGE

Nostradamus the last prophecy

Posted By: Moogie

Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 08:53 PM

Just bought this game yesterday and have been working away at it. Now I realize that there is a major bug...the rope...in it. I can't find a patch and I know that I could ask for a saved game from our kind members, but what do you all think? Should they still be selling a game with a fault like that? I really think that I will take it back to my local store tomorrow and ask for a refund. Am I being unreasonable because I am tired and frustrated, or do we accept substandard games and work round them?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 09:07 PM

Moogie, the game runs fine, it is a dead end, but it is replayable. It was listed in the review here on GameBoomers. Retailers will not take games back unless they don't run so I would go for the saved game.

Ana wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 09:16 PM

Hi Moogie, I don't think you are being unreasonable as merchandise sold to you should function for the purpose for which you have bought it for. If you buy faulty goods e.g. a book with pages blurry or missing you would be entitled to a full refund. Sadly, when it comes to any kind of software including games, I have found that stores have a big disclaimer which throws the responsibility of whether it works on your system or not down to you. Unfortunately it does not take into account major bugs that may render that particular piece of software unusable for a lot of buyers & it can be difficult to prove.

No! we should not accept substandard games that you need to work around & you are entitled to your money back. If you can't get a refund from the store then it might be worth E-mailing the developer and/or the publisher.

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 09:22 PM

The game is not broke....it can be played through properly by using the rope at the appropriate time. A dead end is not at all the same as a game that does not run.

Ana wave

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 09:42 PM

Hi, thank you both for your thoughts. I accept that the game can be played by using the rope at the right time, but can you tell me if I can find the rope if I have played it at the wrong time?

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 09:46 PM

No...that is why it is a dead end. You would need to go back to a point before you used it. YOu can ask in hints to find out where your last save point would be so you can either replay it from that point or ask for a saved game.

Ana wave

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 09:50 PM

I know I am being a bad-tempered old Moogie, but I suppose what I am getting at is: is it a deliberate dead end or is it a bug? If it is meant to be there, then I have no cause to complain, but all the comments seem to imply it is a bug. As the game implies you can't throw away any items you might need, then how can you lose a rope? Excuse my nit picking.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/26/08 10:05 PM

Hi Ana wave I haven't actually played this game yet - it's resting in a queue! I agree that if the game works doing the actions in the right order then there is technically nothing wrong with it but it does make me despair a little. rolleyes I've only ever come across one game (quite an old one) where not doing a certain action at a certain time lead to a dead end. I'm sure there are a few others & can see that it must be diffiult for developers to foresee all combinations so if they occur I see them as an oversight missed by Beta testing. I was optimistic that the 'dead end' was no more & appreciate games that don't have any but will look out for this one when I get round to playing Nostradamus. smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/27/08 06:40 AM

The dead end occurs if you use a rope in the scriptorium/library at the chateau twice (i.e., if you use up two ropes instead of just one). I did this when I played Nostradamus. I put the rope on the pole and used it (correctly), then, when I got stuck, I took the second rope and put it on the pole and tried to use it also. When I didn't take the second rope off the pole and left the room, it was gone by the time I returned, so I couldn't use it later in the game when I needed to.

You will NOT hit a dead end if you use only one rope in the scriptorium, and save the second rope for later.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/27/08 06:32 PM

Hi Becky smile

Thanks for that !! You have explained how to avoid the glitch very well bravo

So I've copied what you have said into my notes for the game :pumpkin:

Much appreciated.

Mad wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Nostradamus the last prophecy - 10/27/08 07:23 PM

I'm making a note of that too. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community