GB HOMEPAGE

Simon Chaos Happens

Posted By: Moogie

Simon Chaos Happens - 10/29/08 06:41 PM

Managed to get hold of this and wanted to say how thrilled I am with this game so far. The graphics are excellent and the interface is easy and logical. The "old" characters are there and so is the old humour. There is a help system and a journal to remind you what to do next. What does surprise me is that I could not find this game on Amazon, but picked up that it was available because someone had asked if there was a walkthrough. So far I haven't encountered any bugs, but I have only just got going; so who knows; but am loving it.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 10/29/08 06:54 PM

Glad you are having a good time. There were some old threads Here, by those that managed to get hold of it.

Ana wave
Posted By: cris53

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 10/29/08 08:09 PM

I love Simon. Pray tell where you bought it.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 10/29/08 08:13 PM

The only english(multi-language) version I've heard of, is sold in Holland / Netherlands or is it Belgium?
Posted By: Bernard

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 10/29/08 08:22 PM

It's available here in the Netherlands, they're probably still looking for publishers in other countries. (Or waiting for the month of December. think)

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 10/29/08 08:39 PM

Hi,I got it from: www.365games.co.uk Now I literally found them by googling and know nothing about them, but they delivered the game fast. I wonder if they buy up games to sell on, but as I say I just found them by googling, so can't recommend or not. Don't understand why other places are not pushing this game.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 10/29/08 11:50 PM

Is it true...That the production to the USA is nipped in the bud...Cause of funds?

I truly would love to play this game.. puppy
Posted By: Becky

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 10/30/08 12:40 AM

Hi Darleen -- I'm not sure why the game has not yet found a US publisher. I don't think it's directly related to the current global financial crisis, if that's what you mean.

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/02/08 12:05 PM

Thanks Moogie. Not much choice but VERY reasonably priced.

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/02/08 11:03 PM

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Slightly longer than I thought it was going to be. Trust me to find a bug in it though! Without giving away the story, the problem I came across was to do with handing over some stamped papers. My advice when you get to that bit is to enter the elevator and not wander off. It wasn't too much of a bother as you can't do too much without it being obvious it's a dead end....not like Nostradamus where several difficult puzzles later you realize you are stuck, and can't face going back. A great game, just what my perfect adventure game should be...ahh.
Posted By: ruthie

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/02/08 11:24 PM

I just checked at 365 games and Simon is not in stock. Maybe they will get more later. I'll check again in a few days.
ruthie

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/02/08 11:48 PM

Sorry Ruthie. I couldn't find a paypal option when it came to paying and it said I would receive an e-mail to arrange payment and then I went through the process again and realised I ordered it twice. STUPID! I have e-mailed them asking to cancel first order,so it may come into stock again sooner than you expect!

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/03/08 01:23 AM

So...If I am reading right...This game is out in the UK in English?

Meaning I can try & bagg it on a trade
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/03/08 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: cris53
Sorry Ruthie. I couldn't find a paypal option when it came to paying and it said I would receive an e-mail to arrange payment and then I went through the process again and realised I ordered it twice. STUPID! I have e-mailed them asking to cancel first order, so it may come into stock again sooner than you expect!

I'm sure you'd have no problems selling it to a GB member.
Posted By: Tyke

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/03/08 11:34 PM

Just thought I'd mention for any UK or European boomers wanting this game, I bought mine from Play.com for £17.99 with free shipping...I just checked and they are temporarily out of stock at the moment, but hopefully they will get another supply soon. smile

Unfortunately Play.com does not post to the U.S.A...sorry about that frown

Simon 4

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/03/08 11:38 PM

Thanks, Tyke

I think I will try for a trade in the UK...

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/04/08 12:00 PM

Update. Have just received my copy from 365 games, ordered Sunday,arrived Tuesday AM. They replied to an e-mail I sent so seem very efficient. Free postage to USA. In stock at moment. BUT... I am just installing it and have a moment of dread! There won't be a walkthrough. Oh my!

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/04/08 12:40 PM

Well, there's this if you're desperate...

http://www.gamesover.com/walkthroughs/Simon%20The%20Sorcerer%204.txt

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/04/08 01:08 PM

Thanks Jenny, Oh my ,oh my, oh my!! They are speaking with American accents. I need to lie down in a darkened room and drink lots of sweet tea!

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/04/08 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: cris53
Oh my ,oh my, oh my!! They are speaking with American accents.

It's unnatural. They should be speaking with British accents.

And then they don't even release the game in America, so what was the point?
Posted By: Becky

Re: Simon Chaos Happens - 11/04/08 02:21 PM

lol Chocolate is good in moments of crisis too. Maybe Simon's polite, evil twin will have a British accent?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community