GB HOMEPAGE

Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'?

Posted By: noelbruton

Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 06:31 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a better idea of how game buying patterns differ on either side of the Atlantic. Here in the UK, people prefer to buy online it seems. But what about the US? Do American shoppers prefer their stores to their 'pooters? Where did you buy your copy of Rhiannon?
Amazon, Interact, Target, BestBuy, Circuit City? Others? Outside the US?

Thanks everybody - and happy Christmas.

Noel Bruton
Arberth Studios
Posted By: teresa

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 07:37 AM

I bought mine at EB. I have not seen it anywhere else. This includes walmart, bestbuy or any other store.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 10:29 AM

Noel, I would love it if they had adventure games in the shops. I live in busy London and have to buy from the net. Interact are amazing & Play.com have started to do the odd adventure too.
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 12:10 PM

Hi Noel!

I bought my game from Interact.

I really enjoyed Rhiannon, and look forward to your future projects. bravo

"Q"
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 12:33 PM

Hi Noel smile

Little ol' me from denmark bought my game from InteractCD.

Not many retail stores here hold adventure games and only a few danish online shops can compete with the prices from abroad - even with shipping smile
Posted By: nickie

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 02:34 PM

Interact. Thanks for a great game Noel!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 03:05 PM

"Play.com have started to do the odd adventure too." .... ?? woozy woozy

Play.com have sold adventure games for years thumbsup
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 03:36 PM

Noel

The InteractCD Store for me. Thanks for taking the time to better serve the gaming community and to find the best place to sell your new game......Now what was the name of that new game???? What was it about???? When can we buy it???? Will it be available before Xmas???? Can I see some screenshots???? grin
Posted By: escakacs

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 04:34 PM

Interact, also!
Posted By: Bevlee

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 05:32 PM

I bought my game at Interact. I buy all my games online, as it is diffiuclt for me to go out to shop. Just finished the game, and loved every minute of it. Since I don't have another game to play until Santa brings me "Art of Murder", I will start playing it again it was that good!!
Beverly in Florida.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 05:44 PM

Noel, I'd love to buy in the stores but I most often buy online because I seldom can find the games in the stores. :wave12:
Posted By: GBC

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 06:42 PM

I buy all my games online mostly because I pre-order them the minute I see them. That way I know I get the game mailed to me as soon as it's released. I bought Rhiannon from Amazon.com. Great game! smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 07:32 PM

I bought mine at Target.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 08:01 PM

Hi Noel,

I bought mine brand new in the shrinkwrap from a large computer-game seller on eBay. wave
Posted By: meryl

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 08:08 PM

Hello Noel
I bought mine on line at amazon. This was the best game I have ever played incidentally. I do hope your studio is going to make some more.
And, this is very cheeky, I live in Carmarthenshire and would love to visit your studio sometime. Do you think this would be possible. I'd be absolutely fascinated to see some of how games are created.
A very Happy Christmas
Meryl
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 10:26 PM

I bought mine at amazon.com Trisha
Posted By: bawdy

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/12/08 11:26 PM

I like to buy on-line from Amazon and The Adventure Company especially when there are free shipping offers to take advantage of.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 12:14 AM

Hi, noelbruton

I only buy from Interact... :holidays:

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 01:06 AM

Hi Meryl,

Visit the studio? It's just a slightly untidy room on one side of our house with several computers and a big ideas planning whiteboard which, if you were to see it, I would have to kill you before you left smile

However, although Carmarthen is famous for the Merlin connection, its more important renown is for having the biggest Tesco in the UK smile What if Karen and I were to look you up next time we're over there shopping?

Cheers

Noel
Posted By: TLC

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 01:09 AM

Noel,
I buy all of my games from interact. :wave12:

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 01:16 AM

Dear Greyfuss

New game? What new game? We haven't announced that we've started production of a new game, have we?

No, we can't have done, because it's not yet Wednesday December 17. wink

Cheers

Noel
Arberth Studios
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 01:18 AM

Ok.... noelbruton

I think the cats almost out of the BAG :grin12:

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 01:23 AM

It's not a release date, we've a long way to go yet. But there'll be more to tell you all middle of next week.

What can I say, Greyfuss twisted my arm smile

Noel
Arberth Studios
Posted By: Marian

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 01:46 AM

I look forward to the middle of next week, Noel! :happydance12:
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 01:47 AM

I bought mine from Interact.

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 02:25 AM

Posted By: catsmom

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 02:42 AM

Bought mine from Best Buy.
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 04:06 AM

I live in a major city and none of the stores have the Adventure games. Only shoot them up for Xbox and whatever else you can play games on.
I buy all my games from InteractCD - best service in the world for us BAAGERS. Delivery is so quick.
thanks Dave for being there.
RAL :wave12:
Posted By: frazap

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 10:13 AM

I bought the Lighthouse Interactive release at Play.com. One of the best places to buy adventure games on any platform and it has been for years. That said in response to whoever wrote they had only recently started selling the odd adventure game.:)

For games not released in Europe I usually buy them at Interact.
Posted By: thracia

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/13/08 12:37 PM

Got mine from Best Buy also. Made the poor guy go look for it in the back, cause it wasn't out on the shelf yet. I felt like a kid at Christmas when he brought it out. Loved the game!

thracia
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/14/08 09:36 AM

Got mine at Best Buy too.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/14/08 09:45 AM

I bought mine from Play.com but like frazap buy games not released in Europe from Interact. UK stores like HMV & Game do carry a few Adventure titles but not enough to make it worth the trip! :smile12:

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/15/08 10:02 PM

Hey Noel

Is it Wednesday yet????????? grin
Posted By: dorish

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/15/08 10:17 PM

Got mine from interact.

Doreen
Posted By: abby

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/28/08 02:00 AM

you can also buy the game from www.gotgameenterainment.com thats where i bought mine.
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/30/08 03:16 PM

I just saw this game at Target. It looks good but it is a 1st person game (I think) and they usually make me sea sick. I can play the ND games in first person, so maybe this one is okay. Is it worth buying?

Thanks
Posted By: Cissy

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 12/31/08 09:40 PM

I buy almost exclusively through Amazon.com. I also pre-order when possible. It's easy and fast. smile And, the price often times is less than other retailers. I like to buy my games brand new, but now and again I will get a used one if I can't find any new. I also frequent Ebay and can often get a good deal with a new game smile

I got Rhiannon at Amazon. I loved that game. It's a keeper smile

EDIT:

Originally Posted By: gatsbygirl
I just saw this game at Target. It looks good but it is a 1st person game (I think) and they usually make me sea sick. I can play the ND games in first person, so maybe this one is okay. Is it worth buying?

Thanks

Gatsbygirl. I can only guess, but I don't see how you can get sea sick with this game. You have to turn to look around. Its not the "floating 360 degree turn thing. It's a very quiet serious game. It's wonderful. I think it's worth a try.

Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 01/03/09 04:54 AM

I bought Rhiannon at Best Buy.
Posted By: abby

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 01/09/09 12:06 AM

you can also get this game from the company at gotgameenterainment.com
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 01/09/09 08:57 PM

Noel, whilst I didn't buy my copy there, I saw two copies of Rhiannon in Game in Douglas (Isle of Man) today.

Posted By: penruthen

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 01/12/09 01:48 AM

My son ordered this from Amazon for my Xmas present... I'm still waiting! Regrettably this is not the only delayed order from this supplier we've had in the last few months, but there are few high street options in Cornwall who stock adventure games, so Amazon or e-bay are where we usually look for games. We don't have a reliable broadband service as we're quite rural, so downloads aren't really an option for us.

Never fear Noel, I'm still determined to get this game!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 01/12/09 01:50 AM

penruthen, InteractCD (yellow highlight on the top of the forum) is a great place to order games no matter you live.

Ana wave
Posted By: BobS

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 01/12/09 11:32 AM

I bought Rhiannon at Amazon.co.uk.

I usually buy from Amazon or Play depending on who is cheapest. I used to find Play were quicker to supply but it now seems Amazon are. Also as I often buy games before they are released and reserve them Amazon are a good deal as the will drop the price if it becomes cheaper when they supply it.

I have given up trying to buy any games from local shops. (Reading UK area) as they only seem to stock "action" games even if the pretend they are adventure. Also much dearer than over the internet.
Posted By: penruthen

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 03/27/09 01:17 AM

I,m happy to say we finally got our hands on the game and it was everything I hoped for, my sons are now taking their turns. Keep up the good work Arberth, I'm really looking forward to Coven.
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Where did you buy your copy of 'Rhiannon'? - 03/27/09 06:56 PM

I bought my game from Interact. Dave is fast, safe, and reliable thumbsup. That is where I by mostly all of my games. I rarely find an adventure game in the stores. Once in awhile I will find one at Wal-Mart or Gamestop, they are the 2 stores closest to where I live that sale games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community