GB HOMEPAGE

Nostradamus Ending

Posted By: cailyn

Nostradamus Ending - 01/13/09 10:32 AM

I really enjoyed this game until I got to the timed puzzles at the end, smashpcalway's ran out of time and got tired of repeating them,it would be nice if there was an option to skip these type of puzzles! I had to read the end of MaG's walkthrough to see how it ended.I normally read the reviews on a game before I buy it,but this time I didn't eek thanks for letting me vent wave
Posted By: mcc

Re: Nostradamus Ending - 01/13/09 03:33 PM

cailyn,

Sometimes I have problems with a puzzle, normally a sound puzzle since I am tone deaf, in these cases I always ask for a saved game here, did you ask for one?

I don't mean that this kind of situation is not most annoying and it has been discussed in this forum, but it seems that for the moment, there is not much we can do apart of helping each other with saved games.
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Nostradamus Ending - 01/13/09 04:07 PM

Hi mcc waveI'm not good with saves don't really know how to use them duhWhen I first joined GB I asked for one don't remember if it was Texaslady or MaG,who sent it to me with step by step instructions.And for some reason I just can't grasp on how to do it,although now I know a little bit more about comp. thanksto the people here.Maybe next time I need one I'll ask and give it a try wave
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Nostradamus Ending - 01/13/09 05:12 PM

I just had to 'pipe in' with this - that's OK cailyn, just keep trying and learning and when you look back in a year or two and see how far you have come and how much you know about using your computer, you will be amazed....hang in there, its frustrating but also FUN - boy I sure have come a long way since our first computer in 1986!
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: GBC

Re: Nostradamus Ending - 01/13/09 05:12 PM

Cailyn, I too, was disappointed with the ending timed puzzle of Nostradamus. What I did was saved the game each part of the puzzle and then checked MaG's walkthrough each time. It's too bad that such a wonderful game was spoiled by the almost impossible timed sequence. Other than that it was very enjoyable. I'm running Vista and I could not figure out how to use a save myself.
Posted By: boomerang

Re: Nostradamus Ending - 01/15/09 11:48 AM

The ending is impossible to complete on first run through. The method to use is this:
Save. Explore the possibilities. When the first part is clear, reload, play the first part, save. Explore the next part. When that is clear, reload, play and save. Repeat this until all the parts are done.

Once you realise that saving during the sequence is possible then the time factor is no longer so important.
Posted By: greydag

Re: Nostradamus Ending - 01/19/09 08:21 PM

yeah, this really tripped me up, you HAVE TO SAVE before you play through it at the end!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community