GB HOMEPAGE

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April -- New Screenshots Added 3/20

Posted By: Becky

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April -- New Screenshots Added 3/20 - 02/26/09 06:45 PM

The Adventure Company to Publish Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper for Windows®

Quote:
The Adventure Company, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment software in North America, today announced it will publish the Adventure Game Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper for Windows® in North America. The game is developed by Frogwares, the creators of the award-winning adventure game Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened and is scheduled to release in April 2009.

For screenshots from the game, click here.

Quote:
Sherlock Holmes, one of the world’s best known detectives is matched up with the most dangerous serial killer in England’s history, Jack the Ripper. The Year is 1888, London has been overtaken by a series of gruesome murders and police are left baffled, with no leads. The murders continue and Sherlock Holmes steps up to the case, setting out on a terrifying adventure to seek out the identity of Jack the Ripper.

Take on the role of master sleuth Sherlock Holmes as you venture into the dark, grim streets of London searching for the macabre trail of… Jack the Ripper. During this terrifying adventure, Sherlock will attempt to shed some light on the mystery that shrouds the identity and motive of the infamous killer.

Features:

Quote:
From the award-winning developers of Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened

Scour eerie environments and interrogate mysterious suspects
Carefully search for clues in first-person, or zoom-out to third-person and observe the incredible surroundings

An original system that allows you to piece together individual crimes and test your hypothesis as the investigation unfolds

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper for Windows® has an anticipated ESRB rating of M for Mature and will sell for a suggested retail price of $19.99 USD. For further information please visit our website at www.adventurecompanygames.com .

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 06:56 PM

WooHoo! Excellent news and what a great price!

Ana wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 07:11 PM

Thanks Becky, if it's as good as The Awakened we're in for a treat! smile
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 07:48 PM

Thanks, Becky

WOOHOO...Another pre-order broccoli
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 07:53 PM

Thank-You so much for that great news besides Nancy drew this is next to do on my list smile
wave thanks again Becky for all the wonderful work you do here in gameboomers
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 08:32 PM

I'm trying to find the system specs for this game, but I can't find it on the TAC site.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 08:35 PM

It looks like TAC hasn't put up the Sherlock vs Jack webpage yet. I'll see what I can find out.
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 09:30 PM

Thanks Becky thumbsup, This is wonderful yay, I loved The Awakened so I been looking forward to this one. I will diffently preorder it from Dave when he puts it up for preorder, which he hasn't done yet.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/26/09 10:20 PM

Thanks Becky. Let us know when you find out anything.

Cathy
Posted By: GBC

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/27/09 12:22 AM

Thanks Becky. Great news. yay
Posted By: Mad

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/27/09 02:01 AM

Hi - And thank you Becky .... You've made my day !! bravo
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/27/09 08:44 AM

This Australian site has system requirements listed.
http://palgn.com.au/games.php?id=5604&sid=39846188d90cba5ac81c536a8278cfb5
Not sure where they got them and how reliable it is...

Windows 2000/XP/Vista
1.3 GHz
512 Mb RAM
3 Gb HDD
64 Mb Video
DVD-ROM
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/27/09 09:29 AM

I'm excited Becky. Thanks for the good news.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/27/09 12:48 PM

Thanks Pollo! thumbsup

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/27/09 07:35 PM

Thank you Pollo. I can't wait for this game.

Cathy bravo
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 02/28/09 03:12 AM

Thanks. Looks great. Havent played a Sherlock before. This will be the one I think.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/01/09 05:59 PM

Can we pre order this with Interact? Thanks Becky the way you write that review takes away all my willpower and all I can think of is the words "buy" wave

One question from what I have read this can either be played in 1st person, or 3rd person. Since I had so much trouble with motion sickness in the Awakening until they fixed it, I am curious that means motion sickness shouldn't be a problem right?

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/01/09 07:03 PM

Sherryah -- from what I've read, most people who had motion sickness problems with the first person viewpoint, were able to play the third person version without a problem. However, there's no way to guarantee that it wouldn't be a problem in any specific individual's case.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/01/09 09:19 PM

Sherryah, I'm sure Dave will get this. He generally does not put games up for pre-order until it has a definite release date.

Ana wave
Posted By: Retired at last

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/02/09 03:46 AM

Looking forward to this one.
And thank you Dave for being there and always making us happy.

RAL wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/02/09 03:52 AM

I did confirm with Dave and he did state that he would have it for preorder when he gets a firm release date. thumbsup

Ana wave
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/02/09 07:50 AM

Thanks Ana and Becky. I will take a chance and buy it and hope it doesn't affect motion sickness again.
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/02/09 11:12 PM

Thanks Ana and Becky, will order from Dave when he has it. Screenshots are great. I recently went on a night-time ghost tour around parts of London and the back streets still look like this, especially in the dark... scared

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/03/09 01:03 AM

That sounds like a perfect preparation. evil
Posted By: sali

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/10/09 04:22 AM

thanks Becky. Looking forward to play the game.Sali
Posted By: Inspector Grant

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/11/09 11:24 AM

Thank you very much, Becky. I have just finished The Awakened and Nemesis and can't wait to start a new one.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/11/09 11:32 AM

Hi Inspector Grant and welcome to GameBoomers! welcome
Posted By: Inspector Grant

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/11/09 12:01 PM

Hello Becky - thank you for the welcome smile
Posted By: Carla

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/21/09 12:27 AM

New screenshots to be seen on the official site HERE.

happydance

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/21/09 02:44 AM

Beautiful! Thanks Carla. thumbsup
Posted By: Mad

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/21/09 04:44 AM

Great stuff Carla, thanks !! bravo
Posted By: +Oblivion+

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/21/09 06:09 PM

Sounds great, wanted to sign up for beta, but figured it would ruin the purpose of playing the game, it looks very promising just as the previous titles be frogwares were.
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/21/09 08:23 PM

Thanks Carla thumbsup

I am excited about this one happydance.
Posted By: Call1e

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/28/09 06:28 PM

Interact now has "Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper" available for pre-order for $19.95, plus shipping (shipping varies according to where you live). It is supposed to be available April 16th. I pre-ordered mine yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive! Hopefully, there won't be any delays or anything!

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/28/09 06:30 PM

Thanks Call1e, it was announced here.

Enjoy!

Ana wave

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/28/09 09:15 PM

Nice screen shots.

Cathy wave
Posted By: Call1e

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/29/09 04:09 AM

Oh, sorry. I didn't see the other post about it already being available for pre-order.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/29/09 01:41 PM

Thanks Becky, Sounds amazing. I've been waiting for a great Sherlock adventure for a while. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was coming out on steam. I also found pre-order available for it on Newegg with free shipping if anyone is interested.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/29/09 02:13 PM

Thanks +Oblivion+ -- I don't know about Steam, but the game will very likely be available at The Adventure Shop for download. Have you ever ordered from Newegg? Can you recommend them?

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/29/09 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Thanks +Oblivion+ -- I don't know about Steam, but the game will very likely be available at The Adventure Shop for download. Have you ever ordered from Newegg? Can you recommend them?

I actually ordered all the parts for my Gaming PC from newegg, they have some great deals there. I only hope it comes out on steam because I get good downloading speeds from them and they're my reliable downloading source.

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/29/09 02:46 PM

Thanks! thumbsup
Posted By: harhan3

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/29/09 09:00 PM

Theres a couple of threads on JustAdventure about the game includuing some descriptions from one of the beta testers of the sordid East London whitechapel district in the late 1880s.Including pathetic prostitutes wandering the streets at night and frequenting a brothel and the hideous maniacal brutal murders commited by jack the Ripper.All realistic and distastefu but revealing.
Posted By: thehood

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/30/09 09:03 AM

We tried to do Whitechapel as it was at this time, it's a tough challenge, but so far the beta reports were very positive about the atmosphere.
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/30/09 08:03 PM

I very much wanted to have been able to be a beta-tester
on this game, seeing that I have a large book collection
on the ripper case, but unfortunately I wasn't chosen. cry
Knowledge on the subject does not seem to be an
advantage when applying for beta-testing duh

I have to say that is disappointing smirk
I will (eventually) play the game, I guess.
But I am a patient man

robert

Posted By: thehood

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/31/09 08:17 AM

We received hundreds of applications to beta test the game, sorry we didn't chose you, but there is nothing personal in this.
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April in North America - 03/31/09 05:16 PM

Re: NewEgg: I used to order from them. Then one time I preordered a game (about 1-1/2 years ago). They never replied to my emails; the game came out in stores! and they still didn't have it available. I called and they were very unconcerned and I cancelled my order.
Posted By: Puzzler

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April -- New Screenshots Added 3/20 - 03/31/09 11:56 PM

wave Becky, I've been thinking about what game to get and your screen shots did it for me. Will this being going out to stores or do you have to buy it over the internet? I've had one bad experience and am very hesitant of doing business over the net. thanks

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper to Release in April -- New Screenshots Added 3/20 - 03/31/09 11:58 PM

It'll be a TAC release so it should be available everywhere.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community