GB HOMEPAGE

Adventure point

Posted By: dorish

Adventure point - 03/06/09 03:14 PM

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but has anyone had difficulty accessing Adventure Point Database? I can get into all the other stuff on the site, but not the database. This is the third day I have tried.

Doreen
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Adventure point - 03/06/09 03:20 PM

It's just a blank page with the selections on the left.

Ana wave

Re: Adventure point - 03/06/09 03:27 PM

Yes, I know, but when I press the selection that says database, nothing happens. Before, a whole list of games in alphabetical order used to come up.

Doreen
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Adventure point - 03/06/09 03:31 PM

Yes, I am agreeing with you dorish. I know what the site looked like before and now when you click on it, it is just a blank page with the selections on the left.

Ana

Re: Adventure point - 03/06/09 03:36 PM

Lol, I hope it will be working soon. I use it all the time to see what kind of interface certain games have. I only play point and click and found the site very helpful.

Doreen
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Adventure point - 03/06/09 03:43 PM

It won't work for me unless I allow the site to do scripting (Using Firefox 3.07 and NoScript).
There may be a security update (to Windows or to your antivirus/anti-malware) that is not allowing this on your computers.
Posted By: danyboy

Re: Adventure point - 03/09/09 10:50 PM

Hi all,

There's been some changes at Adventure Point. You now need to be member to get full access to the website.

CU

danyboy smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: Adventure point - 03/09/09 11:22 PM

That could explain it! Thanks danyboy. thumbsup

Re: Adventure point - 03/10/09 02:59 AM

You're most welcome!

CU

danyboy smile
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Adventure point - 03/10/09 03:40 PM

danyboy,

I learned about this great site from GB. I also wondered what happened to the access. Thanks for the extra information.

Just curious... Why did the developer choose to close off access of the database to members only? The databases at other game sites, such as JA+, are open to the public. Is it a necessary restriction?

A disclaimer here... I do not run a website myself, so I do not know the in's and out's of running a popular site such as yours and others (I once applied to be a writer/staff for another adventure site, but unfortunately it did not work out). I am therefore curious to know of the reason to learn about the process myself. Member registration makes good sense in forums, such as GB, but less in others.

Re: Adventure point - 03/10/09 07:25 PM

I joined today and can now access their database. Thank you for the info Danyboy.

Doreen

Re: Adventure point - 03/10/09 10:56 PM

Hi guys,

Dave and dorish, you're both welcome. DaveHT, here's the answer I got from them:

(Edit) First of all it is to have some idea of who's looking, two is to try and encourage people to post in the forums and three, is to get feedbacks from people who look at threads concerning the website.

CU

danyboy smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community