GB HOMEPAGE

sinking island.

Posted By: deleterman

sinking island. - 04/06/09 03:36 AM

Hi all you smart gamers out there,I guess that I'm lagging a bit (been playing Frankenstein eyes of the monster) i see that sinking island is for sale for around 20 bucks.I do know it's been out for some time,and alot have played it so the question that I have is it any good??i know that alot of the new games just don't make it..i have been waiting for some time for a good one to show up.I have been playing all my old ones hopeing something comes along, is this the one?? thanks deleterman. devilchili
Posted By: Rushes

Re: sinking island. - 04/06/09 11:04 AM

I enjoyed Sinking Island very much. It's very dialogue intensive, you will need to interview the same people over and over again to gain new information. So if you're not fond of dialogue driven games, this might not be for you. smile Gorgeous graphics and a very interesting story.
Posted By: deleterman

Re: sinking island. - 04/06/09 04:22 PM

Thank you for your insight,have a good day. devilchili
Posted By: venus

Re: sinking island. - 04/06/09 06:09 PM

Hm, I like dialogue driven games quite a bit. Perhaps I should try it. smile Rushes, what did you think of the story?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: sinking island. - 04/06/09 07:36 PM

Hi venus,

The story intrigued me. Any game with a murder-mystery element to it tends to draw me straight in. You have to solve different mandates as you progress through the game, all of which reveal a little more by way of motive, new suspects, etc. Very atmospheric, and well thought out. It's been a little while since I played it, I think I should haul it out for a replay quite soon.
Posted By: venus

Re: sinking island. - 04/07/09 02:34 AM

Thanks, Rushes. I will have to check it out. thumbsup
Posted By: BellaRosa

Re: sinking island. - 04/07/09 12:48 PM

It is going to be on Big Fish this week so for club members it will be $US6.99.

I have wanted the game for a while- in fact I think the only contest I ever entered on GB was to try to win this game.

I for sure will get it when BF brings it out this week- despite probably taking me 8 hours to download- I am quite excited about this so hope the game lives up to my expectactions smile From all reports it will and for the $11 it cost me in my currency cannot really go wrong.

Posted By: ces

Re: sinking island. - 04/13/09 03:34 AM

I was disappointed in the game.

The story was intriguing, and the way it handles the clues you collected and matched clues up to solve the "mandates" was very clever. I actually didn't take any notes! And it is dialog driven - by the way, it has subtitles available - I suggest you use them as sometimes the dialog moved along at a rapid pace.

However - several aspects of the game were very disappointing. There's actually one place in the game where if you walk towards a wall you disappear into it. The solution is to reboot. Another thing I didn't like was that the same dialogue is repeated over and over to different characters, and sometimes depending on what has occurred in the game so far, the dialogue is simply not applicable to the chracters involved.

It's a quick game to play - I finished it in 2 days.
Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: sinking island. - 04/14/09 02:45 AM

I liked this game and it reminded me of Agatha Christie game And Then There Were None. However, I must say I don't understand what it is about these people that posses them to run about in the rain and have conversations on telephones in the rain and why is it that when someone who is in a lounge or in the dinning room always has to stand up to have a oonversation with the detectives in a story? Maybe it is just me but I think I would look at the person and say sit down your making my neck hurt trying to look up at you all the time.

Kem
Posted By: ces

Re: sinking island. - 04/14/09 07:22 PM

It might be an European etiquette thing - that they stand up. I really have no idea.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community