GB HOMEPAGE

Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten

Posted By: Becky

Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/17/09 10:12 PM

Delaware St. John lands the #1 spot for large file games, Breaks into the Top Ten of all games.

Quote:
Delaware St. John – The Curse of the Midnight Manor is the No. 1 large-file downloaded game, and hit the No. 10 spot for downloaded games on the Big Fish website. The game was released on Big Fish's website August 10th.

Wicked Cinder's Creative Director, Bryan Wiegele, created the Delaware St. John series of Mystery-Adventure games while President of Big Time Games. Wicked Cinder's new Horror-Adventure game, decay, is scheduled for release this fall.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/17/09 10:19 PM

That's great!

ana wave
Posted By: BWiegele

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/18/09 01:34 AM

Thanks for posting that Becky. I'm very happy at the news and really hope it means the continuation of the series! Thanks to everyone who's supported the games for the last four years!

-Bryan
Posted By: ChrisMM

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/18/09 05:03 AM

Whoohoo! That's so awesome, and so well-deserved. (And I didn't even buy a second copy to boost sales! laugh )
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/18/09 02:29 PM

Well deserved indeed! Any news on the forth installment in the Delaware series?
Posted By: marie

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/18/09 03:40 PM

Those Delaware St.John's games where the best and its nice to see that BFG offered it and that its doing so well. bravo

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/18/09 04:12 PM

Zook -- no news on the fourth installment. Right now the developers are working on a new game called decay, so I would imagine that a fourth installment of Delaware St. John would not be started until after that game releases.
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 08/19/09 02:12 AM

Thanks Becky
Posted By: judy D

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 09/02/09 12:02 AM

Becky, Hi! I have been playing the Delaware game and have had only one frustrating problem: whenever I save a game, it never starts at the same point. I'm now on volume 2 of the game and it continues to restart at the beginning on the volume. I was almost finished and needed to sleep, so the next day, there was the start of volume 2. Just wonder if anyone else had the problem. Once again thank you all for all you do. Judy D.

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 09/02/09 12:16 AM

Hi judy -- I did not experience the problem you're having, but I played the game years ago, and used the disk version, not on Big Fish. Are you playing the original disk version?
Posted By: judy D

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 09/02/09 06:00 PM

Thanks for your reply; I downloaded the game from Big Fish. I have never had such problems from any download at Big Fish. I guess since I was almost finished, I'll just stop. I can only replay a whole volume so many times. I think I will buy the disk next time. I'm learning all the time and so appreciate Game Boomers. Have a great fall at Stony Brook; hope the trees are beautiful as always. Judy D.

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 09/02/09 06:03 PM

From what I've told, Big Fish has excellent responsiveness for tech issues -- you might want to contact them.

Yes, the trees are always beautiful here in the fall. Until you have to rake up all the leaves, anyway. grin
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Delaware Breaks Big Fish's Top Ten - 09/02/09 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: judy D
Becky, Hi! I have been playing the Delaware game and have had only one frustrating problem: whenever I save a game, it never starts at the same point. I'm now on volume 2 of the game and it continues to restart at the beginning on the volume. I was almost finished and needed to sleep, so the next day, there was the start of volume 2.

I don't remember if the game saves your exact location, but it should remember what you've done. Have you checked your inventory or looked for signs that things have been done and that you're not actually starting from scratch?

Also, if you're using Vista, you may want to see if you can start the game by right-clicking the game executable (not the shortcut) and choosing to Run as Administrator (if the option is there).
© 2024 GameBoomers Community