GB HOMEPAGE

Murder in the Abbey

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 02:51 PM

American distributors added "Murder in" to the title? The game itself just has "The Abbey".

I just started the game, met the abbot, and already I'm put off. I don't like it when I'm given multiple choices in dialogue but only allowed to use one.

Posted By: Becky

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 03:07 PM

Guybrush -- yes, Murder in the Abbey and The Abbey are the same game.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 03:20 PM

duh you can use any choice in dialogue you want.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 03:33 PM

I disliked this game...Too much Dialogue, and it continues through out the game... smirk

You can click on any part dialogue, but only one will trigger something happening.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 06:44 PM

laugh Darleen, That's how it should be in a game.
Posted By: bawdy

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 08:41 PM

Selecting any of the dialogue options achieves similar responses, so your choices are irrelevant. I just finished the game and enjoyed it. Leonardo was surprising abusive of his apprentice though.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 08:41 PM

I know , MaG razz

But sometimes the dialogue trees go on forever in this game..One after another... smirk
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/20/09 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
I just started the game, met the abbot, and already I'm put off. I don't like it when I'm given multiple choices in dialogue but only allowed to use one.

I don't either. I'd rather they either let you explore the whole conversation tree.

You can save before conversations and replay them using different choices if you want to make sure you didn't miss anything. But I didn't find much difference in choices for the ones I checked. As Bawdy said, you get the same or similar responses no matter which choice you choose.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/28/09 10:54 PM

The journal and ending video left room for a sequel.
Posted By: venus

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/29/09 06:06 AM

I noticed that too, Guybrush. Personally, I would really like that as I enjoyed this game quite a bit. The story was very interesting and unique as far as adventure game stories go. And I love dialogue based games, so no complaints from me in that regard. wink

I really wanted to know more about Leonardo's past, as well as what happened with his friend, Eladio. Perhaps if a sequel does get made, it will address these things. smile
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Murder in the Abbey - 09/29/09 09:39 AM

I didn't mind the dialogue part at all. I did like the cartoonish game graphics and the story all though it reminded me the name of the rose a little bit lol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community