GB HOMEPAGE

Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» Updated 11/04/09

Posted By: Carla

Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» Updated 11/04/09 - 09/22/09 11:19 AM

Runaway: A Twist Of Fate is unveiled today in its first official teaser trailer.

To view the new screens Click Here.

Quote:
Runaway: A Twist Of Fate will be the last adventure of the famous fearless couple: Brian Basco and Gina Timmings. These two characters have already enchanted more than one million players in Europe with their first adventures, which had placed the adventure game genre under the spotlight once again!

Brian and Gina are back in a new adventure, a bit darker than the previous one but still loaded with an omnipresent humor and based on a production worth a big 2D animation film. For the first time in Runaway history, you will take the control of Brian but also of his girlfriend, Gina! Following the story line of the previous episode, A Twist of Fate is also an independent new adventure that players who have never played Runaway before will fully enjoy.

Runaway: A Twist of Fate has visually improved thanks to a new graphic engine. The game now has high resolution backgrounds, more detailed and expressive characters, and more realistic animations... The interface has also been improved and offers an inventory allowing you to check each item from every angle possible. You will also find an ingenious hint system that will guide you throughout difficult situations without giving away the solution to the puzzles.

Of course, both the particular visual style and the omnipresent humour that appealed to the players have been retained in order to make A Twist of Fate a rich episode, full of novelties and unexpected turns yet still faithful to the Runaway spirit.

Runaway « A Twist of Fate » is scheduled to be released in the fourth quarter of 2009 on PC and Nintendo DS

The teaser can be seen HERE.

Just for a quick "revising" you can read Becky's review of Runaway: A Road Adventure and L4L's review of Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle

happydance
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 11:24 AM

Thank You, Carla

I'm going to enjoy this one also...I like the fact that the inventory system has more detail to it. yay
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 12:10 PM

Great news Carla, one of my favorite series!

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 12:35 PM

lol It looks like Gina's having more fun than Brian, doesn't it? I liked the bit with the fire and the ping pong player.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 02:44 PM

Thanks, Carla thumbsup

Sad that it's the last one in the series frown but this time it will surely have to have an ending !! lol lol
Posted By: Paola Croft

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 03:11 PM

I'm totally agree with you. Happy grin for this new chapter, but sad, because it's the last one frown
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 05:28 PM

Yes, yes, and more yes puppy
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 09:14 PM

EXCELLENT!!!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/22/09 09:23 PM

thanks for the info Carla thumbsup
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/23/09 01:15 AM

It looks fantastic Carla. I can't wait till the end of the year. I wonder if it will show how Gina was rescued.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/23/09 01:41 AM

Problem is, I don't like Gina, have no interest in playing her.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/23/09 01:51 AM

Thanks, Carla.
I have enjoyed this series-- light-fun- looking forward to its release- wave
Posted By: fixr

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/26/09 12:29 AM

I loved both previous games, can't wait till this 1 hits the shelves!
Posted By: venus

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/26/09 06:24 AM

Thanks for the links, Carla! I really looking forward to this one! thumbsup

I'm also sorry to see the series end, but I wonder if it means they will focus on a game with a new story. That would be something to look forward to. smile
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 09/27/09 01:05 AM

A new series would be good.

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 10/08/09 09:16 PM

New screenshots can be seen on our gallery HERE.

Quote:
We find there a disillusioned Brian Basco, on the run in the middle of New York City. A beautiful series of images, great opportunity to witness the incredible details given to the many scenes of this gorgeous graphical adventure.

Enjoy! fall

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 10/08/09 10:25 PM

Thanks Carla, I'm looking forward to this. yay

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 10/08/09 10:30 PM

Any release date yet ?
Posted By: venus

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 10/08/09 11:14 PM

Thanks, Carla! I can't wait! happydance

Runaway « A Twist of Fate » : Brian Basco official trailer! - 10/14/09 05:55 PM

Another nice trailer released today!

Quote:
Runaway: A Twist of Fate offers today a new trailer, focusing specifically on one of the 2 major actors of this great adventure: Brian Basco. Follow Brian while he is running away across the United States of America, during these 2 minutes of video ! You’ll be able to witness the special care given to the superb graphics and the very high quality animation!

You can download the trailer (nearly 85 MG) HERE. fall

Re: Runaway « A Twist of Fate » : Brian Basco official trailer! - 10/14/09 09:10 PM

WOW that looks fantastic. I hope it comes out soon. Thanks for the link Carla.

Cathy

Re: Runaway « A Twist of Fate » : Brian Basco official trailer! - 10/28/09 05:58 PM

New Screens added in first post. yay

ana wave

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» Trailer and New screens Added 10/28/09 - 10/28/09 06:42 PM

and the press release explaining the screesnhots:

Quote:
The great adventure game Runaway: A Twist of Fate's release is less than a month away and we are pleased to present a new series of images of the game. Madrid Pendulo Studio has worked very hard to make this final Runaway adventure the best of all and to beautifully put an end to a saga that had a strong influence on adventure games over the past few years.

The adventure has never been so beautiful. It is based on a deep story full of twists that often humorously pays tribute to movies or cult series. The game has been largely improved visually, thanks to a new game engine: high resolution backgrounds, more detailed characters, livelier animations and more expression during dialogs that give the impression of watching a great animated movie.

For the first time, the game offers players funny and inventive help from the "players in distress" office managed by Joshua, one of the series' crazy characters. Always with great humor, Joshua's interventions will point the players in the right direction for any puzzles. Calling Joshua is always funny and represents a story within the story.

:witch:
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» Trailer and New screens Added 10/28/09 - 10/28/09 09:01 PM

Count me in.I loved the first game and I have to see what the next chapter has in store for us.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» unveils itself in its first official video - 10/28/09 10:00 PM

I like the one with the "Happy Dale" sign and Bryan exiting on the rope.

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» Trailer and New screens Added 10/28/09 - 11/04/09 10:37 PM

A short trailer has been just released, showing our Brian stealing an artifact from a sleeping gentleman...
You can find it on the Official Site clicking on Video on the drop-down menu under Media.

turkey
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Runaway : A Twist Of Fate» Trailer and New screens Added 10/28/09 - 11/05/09 12:17 AM

Looks like its gonna be a really polished and classy game. One of the `Big Beast` releases that Ive been looking forward to for a long time along with Grey Matter and Still Life 2. Unfortunately Still Life 2 was a bit of a let down so all my hopes are on these two.

Love the songs on Runaway games - the singer sounds amazingly similar to Dolores O'Riordan.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community