GB HOMEPAGE

Steam

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Steam - 10/05/09 12:53 AM

Never buy a game from Steam.

After they updated their software it would not accept my password. They reset it and told me to change the password but the stupid system will not accept the confirmation code they sent me to do that.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Steam - 10/05/09 01:08 AM

Sometimes things need to be worked out with their customer service dept. It could be something as simple as thinking an o is an 0.

Ana luck
Posted By: MysteryFantic

Re: Steam - 10/05/09 05:01 PM

I belong to Steam and had no problem and loaded a games from them too. I do have a program that is where I keep all passwords to every site I go too. I only have to remember one password for the programs and that is Robo-Form it helps a lot when it comes to so many passwords and less mistakes in putting in a password. Sometimes numbers and letters look the same depending how they are written.

Re: Steam - 10/05/09 07:51 PM

I have a program for keeping passwords to, but Steam won't let me copy and paste password in. I'm just using the password they gave me since the stupid system wont let me reset it. And when I finish Secret of Monkey Island, I wont ever buy something from Steam again.

Posted By: bawdy

Re: Steam - 10/05/09 09:17 PM

I have had no problems with Steam and find they often offer great deals. Sorry to hear of your issues.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Steam - 10/06/09 01:10 AM

I don't know if the suggestion on ***this page*** will help with your password or not, since the thread seems to be from 5 years ago.
Quote:
chriso20
11-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Why can't you change steam password!? or is there a way?

bam23
11-10-2004, 02:01 AM
right click system tray icon, settings, change password button under the account tab?

chriso20
11-10-2004, 01:36 PM
lmao, if u go through steam main window then settings it doesnt work.
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Steam - 10/08/09 06:03 PM

I too recently joined Steam and had the same problem trying to find my games I bought from them to install - with stubborn perseverence and quite a bit of time spent searching thru their 'system' I finally got to where I could download The Dig and Ankh3 games. I cannot tell you now just what the 'trick' was to getting where I needed to be - and it was a problem with the password I originally chose, so I did have to search out "forgot my password, reset" to set it right. Good luck.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: Steam - 10/08/09 06:09 PM

Now the reset password doesn't work. I've asked for a refund.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Steam - 10/08/09 08:44 PM

Good luck, Guybrush.
I wonder if someone didn't hijack your account.

If you used a credit card to pay for it, you can always dispute the charge if they won't refund you.

Re: Steam - 10/09/09 03:13 AM

They wont' give a refund. I was finally able to change my password, I don't know why, didn't work the other times. But now I've run into another problem. I can't get passed the safe in Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition. It moves too fast for me to write down the combination. And since I'm playing it through steam I don't know if I can use a saved game file, if somebody had one. I can't find any saved games on my system.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Steam - 10/09/09 03:15 AM

Please discuss saved games in Hints. If anyone can help you, that's the place.

Ana
© 2024 GameBoomers Community