GB HOMEPAGE

New game for new computer?

Posted By: crispeto

New game for new computer? - 10/13/09 04:28 AM

Hi gang,
it's literally been years since the last time I was on GB. I recently got a new computer (quad core, fast video card, big HD, and plenty of ram) and now I'm in the mood for a good game. I loved Myst, Riven, and Uru. Since I've been out of it for a while, are there any games you can recommend that I may have missed? I'm not into games with evil overtones but I love adventure and action/adventure games. I even like the Indy and Lara games. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Posted By: Tomer

Re: New game for new computer? - 10/13/09 10:16 AM

I guess you have played all of the Myst series, right? (Myst 3,4,5)
You probably want something new and "challanging" for your brand new computer, but I honestly can't think of anything new that's in the league of Myst. I can just say that I think it's a must to play the Gabriel Knight series.
Dreamfall (& the Longest Journey) were also very wonderful in my eyes, and the sequal might justify your new computer, although these games have nothing to do with Myst.
Kind of sad I can't think of anything new to really recommend :-\ (besides indy games which I really liked, like drawn: the painted world, but they are no large-scale games...)

p.s. Any "Myst clones" I've encountered seldom apealed to me. I *kind of* enjoyed Schizm, Obsidian was fine too...
Posted By: Becky

Re: New game for new computer? - 10/13/09 12:24 PM

I haven't played them, but two recent games that have some of the same qualities as the Myst games are Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches and Outcry.

Two other ideas, with lots of puzzles and to see what your new computer can do -- Sherlock Holmes Nemesis and Perry Rhodan: Immortals of Terra.

And if you haven't played them already, you might want to check out The Sacred Rings and RHEM 3.
Posted By: Geo

Re: New game for new computer? - 10/13/09 03:06 PM

Here are a couple of great games that will let that new computer do its stuff and show off:
1).Bioshock
2).F.E.A.R
3).Prey
Posted By: Albert

Re: New game for new computer? - 10/13/09 03:36 PM

Check out Runaway, The Deam of the Turtle. One of the better games I've played lately. The first was really good too.

Albert
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: New game for new computer? - 10/13/09 03:48 PM

I think FEAR, Bioshock and Prey are pretty hardcore FPS's even though they are great. They are way more than action adventures.

Ana wave
Posted By: oldman

Re: New game for new computer? - 10/13/09 08:13 PM

Don't know how many TR games you've done but the newest one TR Underworld is pretty awesome, in my opinion.
Posted By: crispeto

Re: New game for new computer? - 10/14/09 01:20 AM

Thanks for replying everyone. I may try Underworld. I liked both Legend and Anniversary so I think I'll give it a try.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community