GB HOMEPAGE

English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island'

Posted By: Adam Beals

English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/23/09 08:10 AM

Hello Gameboomers,

I just checked the Pumpkin Post, a fan blog for games from Autumn Moon Entertainment
has put a trailer of their upcoming game 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju.'

http://pumpkinpost.mixnmojo.com/?p=172

Looks like Bill Tiller's cooked up another fun game.

Happy Gaming,
Adam Beals

Posted By: SkeeterUK

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/23/09 09:09 AM

Total rip off of monkey island imo. Looks good and all but duno with it being a rip off.
Posted By: Carla

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/23/09 10:39 AM

Thank you Adam, I was waiting for the official press release to post the trailer wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/23/09 03:21 PM

Looks like fun puppy
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/23/09 09:20 PM

Is this supposed to take place in the same world as the Monkey Island games, without being about Guybrush?
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/24/09 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Carla
Thank you Adam, I was waiting for the official press release to post the trailer wave

Sorry about that Carla eek
Posted By: Demosthenes

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/24/09 04:02 AM

Since the developers responsible for this were also responsible for a Vampyre Story, and since some of them ALSO worked in various capacities on old Lucas Arts games like the Curse of Monkey Island, I figure I can cut them a little slack if their new pirate-themed game looks a bit like Monkey Island.

To my mind, the new 2D art in Monkey Island: Special Edition was ultimately pretty sloppy and disappointing. Telltale's done a better job making TOMI look good, and they did a fantastic job on story and dialogue (especially compared to Vampyre Story's incessant punning,) but it still lacks the visual detail and artistic quality present in both COMI and Vampyre Story.

Artistically speaking, this trailer looks intriguing, although some of the 3d models are a little bland. I just hope they manage a better story this time around.
Posted By: venus

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/25/09 09:22 PM

Thanks, Adam! I'm looking forward to this one. thumbsup

I agree with Demosthenes; I was expecting a bit more from A Vampyre Story. I still enjoyed it overall, however, more so when I played it through the second time. Hopefully, the developers will only improve with practice.

Does anyone else also see a bit of Day of the Tentacle here, in addition to Monkey Island? I think it's the three unlikely heroes that's making me draw the comparison. smile
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: English trailer for 'Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island' - 11/26/09 04:57 AM

I loved A Vampyre Story, looking forward to next chapter, much better than either of the Dracula games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community