GB HOMEPAGE

What was the first game you played?

Posted By: cruise02

What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 01:24 AM

Been browsing the forums at Adventure Gamer and spotted a thread where people are talking about the first game they played, so I thought maybe we could start a thread like that here?

You go first.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 01:29 AM

Hi, cruise02

My first was Tomb Raider games hearts
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 01:31 AM

My very first game was Beyond Time and I did not have a clue what I was supposed to do or how to play a 'computer game'. Somehow I 'found' Gameboomers and was so happy to find others who could help me and it had WALKTHROUGH'S! And I was "on my way". Been coming here ever since and would miss you all if you 'left me'. What was your first game?
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: Marian

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 01:33 AM

The first computer game I ever played was an RPG called Wizardry, back in 1982. The first two computer adventure games I ever played were The Wizard and the Princess by Sierra On-Line and Zork by Infocom (also 1982).

I guess this dates me, doesn't it? smile
Posted By: mcc

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 01:40 AM

You are standing in an open field west of a white house ...

If you know the game you recognize this words if not press here (not a real spoiler lol)

Click to reveal..
No graphics, only words - ZORK

Many hours trying to solve it, no WT, great game bravo
Posted By: Mary

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 02:28 AM

Myst. hearts My first love, my continuing love. When I think back to that time when I had no idea what a computer was, much less a computer GAME...Wow, I've come a long way!
Posted By: katbear50

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 02:39 AM

This was the 1st one I purchased {BFG} :
02/15/08 Great Secrets: Da Vinci
Pror to that, I was/still am a Pogo member.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 02:59 AM

A 5th grade math/adventure game. You solve math problems and got clues to complete a journey. The coupon for it came with Ocean Spray Cranberry juice. Sent off for it. Next one was a Nancy Drew and how proud I was when finally I got her out of her room and into the hall. And all on a cast off cmptr.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 03:31 AM

smile Like Mary, my first game was MYST. It was bundled on my first HP computer and I had no idea what it was or why I had it. After six months or so I finally clicked on the icon, got hooked on lonely adventure games, and have been investing time and money ever since.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 03:48 AM

My first game and the beginning of my addiction was Kings Quest by Sierra and there was no turning back.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 03:55 AM

The first game I ever played was "Wishbringer" by Infocom. It was a text adventure and it took me at least a month to finish because, back in 1986, there was no such thing as a walkthru or online forum that provides helpful hints.

Susan
Posted By: ShyTy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 04:16 AM

Does Carmen Sandiego or chips challenge count? Then after that Myst.

Lori

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 04:22 AM

Oh, geeze...thnx 4 reminding me Susie07...
I totally forgot about the C64 the kids had.
I s'pose my very 1st Adventure game was probably
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!
a Text Adventure released in 1985.
From Douglas Adams & Steve Meretzky.
Play the fully illustrated editions of the Adventure Game from BBC
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 04:48 AM

Zelda
Posted By: Butcher

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 05:32 AM

The first game i ever played was Wolfenstein 3D. I absolutely loved that game. My father was repairing something on my neighbours' house and i got to play the game with their son while he was doing that. From that day onwards i have fallen to the dark side smile

Spyros
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 05:59 AM

Sanatorim and Mystt smile wave Dont think I spelt that right duh :winter:
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 06:06 AM

Riddle of the Sphinx. Just got back from Egypt in 2000 and saw the game and decided to give games a try. The next one Byzanthine. Yep, been hooked ever since.
Posted By: meryl

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 08:31 AM

Nancy Drew Treasure in the Royal Tower.

I still like the Nancy Drews (though some recent ones haven't been all that good) and have played all of them.

It's great to have a "good" game as an introduction to gaming, isn't it? Though I guess if one had a bad game, one wouldn't bother with further games and so wouldn't be on this forum.
Posted By: cailyn

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 09:20 AM

My first game was the Longest Journey wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 09:30 AM

My first Adventure game was also Myst and I've been hooked ever since!
Posted By: Becky

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 10:38 AM

Myst also.
Posted By: vic

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 10:55 AM

The first game I played was a text adventure, the hobbit. (early 80s I think), followed by lots of puzzle type ones (scrabble etc) but the first 'proper' adventure game played was the longest journey in the mid 90s. I can remember being in PC world with my husband to be, and him finding this game and saying maybe I should buy it. He was met with a scoffing type of reply from me. Fortunately, I relented, and bought it, and liked it, and have been an avid adventure game ever since!
Posted By: misslilo

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 11:06 AM

The first I ever played was a text adventure Beyond The Titanic.
(You go down with the Titanic and end up in a cave under water, where you have to escape from and among other things find an alian spaceship) smile

The next was Leisure Suit Larry 1 closely followed by Indiana Jones - And the Fate of Atlantis
Posted By: MsMercury

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 11:27 AM

1984 saw me playing Se-Kah of Assiah on a C64. wave
Posted By: monbron

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 11:57 AM

The first game I ever played was in the mid 80's on an Amstrad and was an adventure game with trolls etc., underground, it was text only and I never did know the name, but boy did I enjoy it! The the next game was Lara Croft which I could not master as I didn't have a joy stick, THEN I bought Myst and have been hooked ever since, it took me about 6 months to discover gameboomers and there was no looking back after I discovered that I was a BAAG and not the only sad one out there. burger
Posted By: Mad

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 12:02 PM

Monkey Islands 1 & 2 thumbsup And immediately hooked of course rotfl

After that I searched for previous games in attempt to catch up and thus began a continuing addiction that still has me in its grip devilchili
Posted By: Rushes

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 12:28 PM

Pi-Mania, on an old ZX-81 computer (anyone remember those?!).
Posted By: lexxy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 12:56 PM

Like many gamers Myst introduced me to adventure games followed closely by my first love Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon .
Posted By: connie

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 02:04 PM

Lesure suit larry in the land of lounge lizards, was my first game. I had to pay for phone hints.

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 02:20 PM

Connie,
I remember calling that Sierra hint line too. Too bad we didn't have a site like Gameboomers back then.
Posted By: old lady

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 04:34 PM

Was it "The Day of the Tentacle" or "The Dig"?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 05:09 PM

First adventure game played -- Myst
Second adventure game played -- Shivers
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 05:13 PM

All you who played Must for your 1st game are talented! I had a difficult time with that game a year into the gaming. That's when I learned creative cussing.
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 06:00 PM

Myst here too!!! I didn't even think I liked games and it came with a pc my Uncle gave me. I had it for awhile before I looked at it...I didn't even know it was a game and I think it took me something like three months to complete!! I had never heard of a WT. I was hooked immediately and then found GB after buying Riven and have loved Adventure games ever since. I wonder why so many played Myst first????
Posted By: chrissie

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 06:39 PM

I think the first game I ever played on PC was possibly Mystery of the Druids. I had played Streets of Rage etc on Sega (other peoples systems!)- the first one I played on my own system (consol) was Caspar. Then I tried Myst, Broken Sword & Excaliber all of which I got fed up with! I then went back to & persisted with Broken Sword - my first love with AGs! hearts
Posted By: hamer

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 07:41 PM

return to zork
Posted By: judith

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 08:53 PM

My first game was from S.S.I.games. Dragon Lance r.p.g. trilogy: champions of krynn; death knights of krynn & dark queen of krynn.
My first adventure was Lost in Time.
Posted By: Mordack

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 09:24 PM

An old one: "Ulysses and the Golden Fleece"
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 09:31 PM

My first ever game was on my schools bbc micro computer and it was called Granny's Garden.
My first adventure game that got me hooked was Lure of the Temptress have been adventure gaming ever since.
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 09:46 PM

Laura Bow: The Dagger of Amon RA by Sierra. I didn't think that I would ever learn how to use a mouse but I persevered and loved this game!
After that, I played the Kings Quest games.
Posted By: robedits

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 10:28 PM

Not counting all the little mini games for computers,like the F1 racing games and such?

I well remember playing the original Myst. Also the original Doom. Was addicted to that one.
First adventure game other than Myst I remember playing and loving was Zork Grand Inquisitor.

The only "platform" game I ever enjoyed was the original Tomb Raider (never really liked the other ones).

My wife just reminded me that the first game I ever played on the PC was a Monty Python interactive game.
Posted By: DBK

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/10/10 10:57 PM

Being a game"boomer" it's hard to remember that far back. crazy I played the Zork text games (can't remember which one first) and Wishbringer (I may even have the stone that came in the Wishbringer box around here somewhere). I think my first graphic real adventure game was Myst. I had a book full of notes. Love that game.
Posted By: Teddo

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 01:08 AM

My first game was "Morpheous". I was so lost, but my benefactor sent me to a site for a walkthrough. That tossed me a bone and I've been chasing it ever since. Teddo
Posted By: Carrie

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 01:34 AM

I think Phantasmagoria, though there are others around that same time that might've been first (Golden Gate, Shivers and Journeyman Project)... so it's a toss-up as to which was the very first. Would've been 1996... of that I'm pretty sure.

Still have them & sometimes look at the boxes with nostalgia as I 'grrrrr'mad at Vista for making it next to (or completely) impossible to play them again if I ever want to revisit my oldies.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 01:43 AM

Riddle of the Sphinx. Hopelessly lost I read at the R.O.T.S. forum about Gameboomers and the rest is history!
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 02:03 AM

Am I the only gamer here who played Beyond Time? It was set in Egypt and the puzzles were hard for me then...that would have been about 1996 or 97. I mourn that some of these older games have not been updated so they play on Win98, XP or 'beyond'. cry
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: Phoenix Star

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 03:18 AM

Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion, back in 2000 or 2001.
Posted By: Raj

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 07:58 AM

Hello all!
Just had to chime in.
OK... my adventure with adventure games started with a shareware game for the Commodore 64 called "Hogbear." On a good old 5.25 floppy disk.

But I don't think it count6s though because I never got past the first two screens.

Then, many years later, I got 11th hour becuase the box looked so cool. I had no idea it was a puzzle game and solved some puzzles and got a little of the "plot." But the puzzles were too hard.
Then I got Gabriel Knight III... and the rest is history. I belive Lighthouse was next... but it could have been before.

Ha! I annoyed the Lady of Our House so much that she was soon begging me to use the phone hint line.
Posted By: Barry

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 02:45 PM

My first adv game was Return to Zork.
Posted By: judith

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 08:44 PM

Hi Betty Lou; I have Beyond Time & still play it occasionally. It's a good game. Judy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/11/10 10:02 PM

I also remember playing an older game called Countdown by Access Software. I think it was a spy game. Did anyone else play this?
Posted By: thracia

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/12/10 12:50 AM

My first game was Fables and Friends: The Legend of Kyrandia(1993).Back then they had phone hints(75 cents a minute) you could call for but it cost alot to do. I still have the game and all of the floppy discs(8) it came on.I then played Book 2:The Hand of Fate, followed by Book 3: Malcolm's revenge.I have also kept every game I ever bought.Just a pack rat I guess, just could not bear to part with them.

Then I graduated to the Kings Quest Series of games. AHHH memories.

thracia
Posted By: cruise02

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/12/10 07:16 AM

I remember back in Christmas 1980 we got an Atari that hooked up to the TV in the den, and several game cartridges and I played a bit of Superman with a little joystick. But it didn't hold my interest because the graphics were extremely blocky and I didn't care for the very limited colors. So I didn't play anymore on this Atari. Then in 1989 we got our first PC (Packard-Bell) but I didn't start playing games on a PC until 1995 when I was 41/42, and that was when we got a Packard Bell with more memory/color screen, and these first PC games I played then were Alien Breed (never finished this one/it was too hard/I gave up on it), then came Star Wars Rebel Assault - and after playing the first 2 chapters of this game, I was hooked!

Call me a computer game junkie - I buy a game any chance I get these days (as well as 10 - 15 years ago).
Posted By: margaret

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/12/10 09:20 AM

my first adventure(text) was Zork and my first RPG was Dungeon Master on Atari.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/12/10 03:15 PM

Way back when the kids were little we played Treasure Island on our Commodore 128 (which is still in our garage, but that is another story)

It was mostly text but there was the occasionally and wonderful Color Picture rotfl

Then nothing for years and then Baldur's Gate on the PS 2, and Heros on the X Box and then my sister kept telling me about PC adventure games and why didn't we play together.

So we got Amerzone which I loved loved loved! Now my house overfloweth and she doesn't have time to play so I play for both of us. Aren't I a good sister whistle
Posted By: Cissy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/12/10 05:03 PM

My first game was in 1996 on Windows 95: Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth. Followed closely by Urban Runner. I didn't have internet yet, so I played both games at the kitchen table. No walkthrough or hints. I still have both games smile

My husband and I played both games together. After connecting to the internet, I found Gameboomers a few years later.
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 01:16 AM

My first was a text only game I cannot remember the name of it. You were in a house and you had to do a lot of searching and combining items to make them work for you. That was a little over 20 years ago.
My 2nd game was not text but it was also in a house with hidden passage ways and a annoying grandfather clock that kept chiming. You could die in this game. I also can't remember the name of it. My age is showing here oops.
Those first 2 games I never kept them. But after that I started keeping my games.
The next couple games I played were, Kings Quest, Turins Passage, Titanic and Sherlock Holmes the Scarlet Rose( I think that was the name of it) and also SH the Silver Earring. I slacked off a few years because of having babies woozy and moving a lot. But now the last few years I have played a lot of games. I am diffidently hook on adventure games thumbsup, I love them catrub.

Posted By: ritchiesbabe

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 01:34 AM

Adventure game it would have been broken sword 2 I think. Then followed by simon the sorceror
Posted By: Lavrow

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 04:15 AM

I was going to say Myst, then someone above reminded me of text adventures, must have been mid-80s...Zork on a TRS-80.

I notice there's a documentary coming out about text adventure games, "Get Lamp" - http://www.getlamp.com/

Also, a very funny video related to that, "It Is Pitch Dark" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE
Posted By: dadguy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 06:52 AM

My first game was from the Kings Quest series. They gradually got better and better as technology took off. Then, when I found Myst... that was a game changer and it lit me up.

Dadguy
Posted By: ron.etti

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 02:32 PM

Like many others it was Myst for me too.Just bought
a used windows 98 off a lady.It was sooooSlowww.
I guy i worked with said his son got a game he thought was action .He said he threw it in the garbage.He said he took it out and thought i might want it.With no walkthrough my teenage son and i played it for weeks.Ron.........
Posted By: Gandalf

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 05:09 PM

Maniac Mansion
Posted By: gamenut

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 08:35 PM

Mine was Myst. My son was at first year college and his friend had a Sega system and one weekend they brought it and Myst for a weekend. I got to play and be the Journal Keeper. hahaa.... I made them promise to come every weekend they possibly could. We had such fun...and they. My son says they created a gaming nightmare Mom. hhaaaa. It's all their fault.
Posted By: Teetsel

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 09:09 PM

KQ1,2,3,4,5, How old do you think I am?
Posted By: michele rose

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/14/10 09:22 PM

Syberia....and I was hooked!
Posted By: Tracy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/15/10 01:36 AM

What a great topic! My first game was Alone in the Dark back in 1993 or so. I was in Sears w/ my husband looking at computers, and walked by one that was playing this game. I had never seen graphics like that and was bowled over by how cool they were! (LOL!) Got the game soon after and absolutely loved it, and of course went on to play Myst and Darkseed and a whole bunch of other great games. I've been hooked on adventure games ever since! smile

Cat
Posted By: cris53

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/15/10 02:09 PM

I'm with you Oldlady. Day of the Tentacle or The Dig. I remember The Dig being sooo difficult and I have only recently thrown away the walkthroughs I printed off for my early attempts. It was so frustrating, loading the game, playing for a very short time then saving, and having to use the old dial up modem to get a hint and then reloading, playing another few minutes and having to go through it all again! We really were patient in those days.(or crackers!)Full Throttle was another. I loved that game! And there was always the worry that you might be missing an important phone call because the line was tied up with the modem. Those were the days...
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/15/10 07:26 PM

I thought Myst was great. Before I played Myst, I thought all games were either similar to Tomb Raider or Doom or were like arcade games. When I first started Myst I kept watching out for enemies. I was so thrilled when I realized you could take your time and explore and didn't have to worry about enemies. And I was so tickled that you could turn the water faucet on and off. I got plenty of hints for it so it wasn't like I was solving it on my own. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Posted By: kiraalt

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/15/10 07:44 PM

Journeyman 3 - Legacy of Time. That trilogy is still my ultimate favorite to play.
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/15/10 08:33 PM

Shadowgate on the old NES grin
Posted By: mj2c

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/15/10 08:54 PM

The first ones I played were the Artic adventure games on the Spectrum (1982)

# Adventure A: Planet of Death (1981)
# Adventure B: Inca Curse (1981)
# Adventure C: Ship of Doom (1982)
# Adventure D: Espionage Island (1982)

I used to be into chess and used to by a computer magazine because it had a chess computers page every month. Never used to bother with the rest of the magazine until I saw a review of some of the above games. The idea that a computer could respond (with text) to your input seemed absolutely magical at the time. So I bought a ZX Spectrum and have been into adventures and computers ever since. The chess got left behind I"m afraid. Another game that was reviewed and I bought was The Hobbit from Melbourne House which was the first graphic(which also seemed amazing) adventure I ever played and which was a great leap forward as far as the parser was concerned.

"Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold"

Anyone remember these?
Posted By: ChuckO

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/16/10 06:55 PM

Adventure
Colossal Cave

Can't remember which one was first.

Then Text Zorks, etc
Posted By: MaG

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/16/10 07:05 PM

Chuck,

Adventure and Colossal Cave are the same game. That's my first game also. I played it without the pictures.
The first "Adventure Game" made. Check here.

Maybe you played the later version of the game too.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/16/10 11:24 PM

My first adventures were Zak McKraken and Maniac Mansion on the C64.
Played some text adventures as well, but forgot what they were called.
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/16/10 11:59 PM

Return to Mysterious Island 1. It was given to me as a gift. Really enjoyed that one. Now I have RTMI-2 also.
Posted By: Barb

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/17/10 04:08 AM

This brings back some memories! KQ1 was one of my first games, too. The first one I actually played and finished was Gold Rush. I played all the Sierra "Quest" games & loved them. My favorites were the Quest for Glory games. I still play them sometimes.
Posted By: syd

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/17/10 02:18 PM

Zork 1 but Myst hooked me.
Posted By: PATSY

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/17/10 04:53 PM

Zork on the Comadore 64. Those were the days my friends,
Posted By: mission

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/18/10 05:51 AM

My first game is Nibiru and I've been hooked to point and click adventure since.

Posted By: MycroProcessor

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/18/10 06:20 AM

The first adventure game I played was either Myst or King's Quest VI, I'm not sure which.

The first adventure game I completed was Riven though. For some reason I didn't finish Myst until after I finished Riven. I do think I watched my father complete Myst a while before I played it myself, but the gap was long enough that I couldn't remember enough for that to affect me in playing the game.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/18/10 09:07 AM

Dare I admit it was Quake?
It wasn't until I played Twinsun's Odyssey that I was attracted to the storyline as a legitimate part of a game, then I read about Myst as Riven was about to be released, and the rest as they say is history.
Posted By: mrbill

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/18/10 03:46 PM

It was MYst in January 1997. Couldn't eat, sleep or anything. Dog knew it was going to die of starvation. Now look at what that game got me into. smile

Mr. Bill
Posted By: venus

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/18/10 05:32 PM

The first adventure game I remember playing was a text adventure. I can't remember what it was called, as I was eleven, and my stepfather had given me something to keep me occupied when I was visiting him at work. grin I remember really enjoying it, a lot more than any Pac Man games and the like, and I wanted to play more of that "word game," as I called it.

Then came The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I loved, even though I never got through it. lol The first graphical adventure I played was an Alice in Wonderland game. I remember it being very difficult, but once again, I was eleven, so who knows how difficult it actually was. smile After that came Maniac Mansion, and by then, I was hooked. thumbsup
Posted By: Mugsy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/18/10 06:35 PM

Zork hooked me, Myst reeled me in, and Baldur's Gate tempted me to the Dark Side. It's been a blast! grin
Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/18/10 09:19 PM

My first adventure game was monkey island and i fell in love. Played all of them and hope they can do something similar. Great style and humor. First video game was Tomb Raider and Laura and i are real close buds...lol..Love her games.

Lynnypoo2

EDIT: I have to correct myself on the first adventure game i've played. It was Secret of the Nautilus and i have to say i was engrossed in that game. It really made me want more and more games like that. I do love Final Fantasy too, I'm still on XII. have hundreds of hours but i always go back to my adventure games which i have too many and still want more..lol..have a nice day.

Lynnypoo2

EDIT: Myst III Exile was awesome and so was Amerzone. I can't shut up...sorry..bye
Posted By: Puzzler

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/21/10 12:51 AM

Like other Boomers, mine was MYST. Sheer torture but I endured and enjoyed.

Puzzler
Posted By: LonelyBub

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/22/10 12:21 AM

This was the first game I played ;

And this was the first adventure game I played ;

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/22/10 12:23 AM

I remember space invaders! Loved that game, it was awesome back then.

Ana wave
Posted By: smitty145

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/22/10 02:24 AM

Space Invaders was my first and favorite game. I bought the Atari for my son and then wouldn't let him play it LOL LOL. My friend and I were addicted to it and were so bad that we were constantly doing things to make the other lose. I always won anyway LOL LOL How about Pac Man?
Oh that was sooooo much fun playing with the kids too. devilchili
Posted By: Iva

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/23/10 11:00 AM

Quote:
It was MYst in January 1997. Couldn't eat, sleep or anything. Dog knew it was going to die of starvation. Now look at what that game got me into. smile
Mr. Bill

lol

I have to agree with this / though mine was Myst 3 exile. I've been plying adventure games for only a few years now, but I am so addicted. eek
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/23/10 03:55 PM

Nancy Drew "Message In A Haunted Mansion" got me started. I have all of those games. Then I went on to Syberia,Amerzone, Delaware St. John, Keepsake, The Longest Journey to name a few. After all of that I played Big City San Francisco and have been hooked on HOG's ever since!
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/23/10 04:04 PM

The first game I played was an InfoCom game - text only:
"Zork".

Next was another GREAT InfoCom game:
"Leather Goddesses of the Planet Phobos"

I am OLD.... rotfl

Friends Sue, Carl and I took turns typing with all of us giving suggestions. It was great fun, and really sped up my typing!
Posted By: petert

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/23/10 04:13 PM

First game was Lighthouse, followed by Cydonia.

petert
Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/23/10 11:12 PM

Thanks Becky...got carried away...
Posted By: irishgirl1228

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/24/10 03:46 AM

My first game was one of the Law and Order games. I'm a fan of the television show so I figured I would give it a shot and got hooked. My second game was Still Life, one of the best games I have ever played.
Posted By: Volkana

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/25/10 05:18 PM

When i first bought a PC a family friend drop by and gave me the Tex Murphy-Pandoras Directive game. I remember i played it several times. That was my first game and the trigger to love adventure games smile
Posted By: o1alien

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/26/10 10:13 PM

happydance Love this post. Dating myself here, my first pc game was The 7th Guest. I loved that game and still love it. I can still hear Faust in my head....lolol.
Posted By: myopia

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/27/10 07:45 AM

Heh - 'Feeling lo-o-o-nley?'

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/27/10 10:46 AM

As someone has mentioned before, I have spent many days
typing in the simplest games in machine language from
gaming magazines on the Commodore 64 I purchased
for my children many moons ago.
Frogger & Spy vs Spy were fun to play w/the kids,
but text only adventure games held my interest
even back then.
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/27/10 07:50 PM

I can still remember typing in a game in the BASIC language from one of the magazines. It was called Bagels, and it was a guessing game. You had to find the correct 3 numbers from 0 to 9 with the only clues being Bagels, all guesses were wrong; Pico and Fermi, one meant a guess was right and in the right place, the other that a guess was right but in the wrong place!
Posted By: martin1

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/29/10 10:13 PM

My first game was "Light House"
Posted By: jody319

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/30/10 02:56 PM

Myopia...

"Heh - 'Feeling lo-o-o-nley?" I SO remember this quote, and it comes out in my mind when I am playing other games! Thanks for the reminder...

Jody (first game - don't remember, I'm too old rotfl )
Posted By: myopia

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/30/10 06:07 PM

Lol Jody, yes, one of the most famous quotes in adventure gaming lol that echoes around your head at the silliest time! There must be others, but that's the most memorable to me, too (though it should be 'l-o-o-nely', my bad!)

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/30/10 10:12 PM

Ahhhhh !!

One that still rattles round inside my head is :

"Want some rye" ????

That puzzle drove me MAD !!!!

rotfl

[ Not my first game though so probably getting oops off topic, sorry blush ]
Posted By: thracia

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/31/10 02:31 AM

"Sure you do!" My nephew laughed so hard at that part and for a long time after that we would just walk around saying it. I think it was from one of the Zork games?

thracia
Posted By: Angela

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/31/10 02:39 AM

My first adventure game was Riven and I thought it was fabulous.

Re: What was the first game you played? - 01/31/10 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: thracia
"Sure you do!" My nephew laughed so hard at that part and for a long time after that we would just walk around saying it. I think it was from one of the Zork games?

thracia

Yes. Return to Zork. A wonderful experience which I repeat regularly.

I Love that game happydance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community