GB HOMEPAGE

The Watchmaker Characters

Posted By: kiraalt

The Watchmaker Characters - 01/24/10 03:24 PM

Just wondering. Are there any other games featuring Darrel Boone and Victoria Conroy?
I have never seen any type of "sequel" game to Watchmaker or anything like that.

I enjoyed the game and the ending sure left it open for further adventures. Maybe there could've been a prequel involving Darrel's father as that was strongly alluded to in the game.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Watchmaker Characters - 01/24/10 03:38 PM

I don't think the original ever got great enough reviews for it to get a sequel. It ended with that game I am afraid. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ana wave
Posted By: kiraalt

Re: The Watchmaker Characters - 01/24/10 04:01 PM

Thanks. I know Watchmaker wasn't exactly a huge success and had certain issues. For some reason I just really liked it.

btw - love your signature line Ana. grin
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Watchmaker Characters - 01/24/10 06:33 PM

I really liked The Watchmaker story but wasn't too keen on the character "acting" in the game.

However I would certainly have gone for a sequel - holding hopes of improvements thumbsup
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: The Watchmaker Characters - 01/24/10 07:09 PM

I'll third that sentiment - I enjoyed the game as well, although it wasn't without its faults (particularly the passing of real time to trigger events.

IIRC Trecision went bankrupt shortly after releasing the game.
Posted By: orchgamer

Re: The Watchmaker Characters - 01/25/10 05:43 AM

I'll fourth the sentiment! smile
I actually LOVED the game. I agree with some of the problems but a great mix of story play and puzzles and a developed story. It's one I will play again...
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Watchmaker Characters - 01/25/10 09:54 AM

I also thought it was a great game even with some of the glitches playing it. It would have been fun to play a sequel.
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: The Watchmaker Characters - 01/25/10 03:53 PM

My only personal pet peeve - was one character, whose lines were delivered like she was on tranquilizers. blush

But I really liked the game. The gameplay was unique for its time, and it had a nice pacing, interesting story and a lot of other things that worked well in the game.

I would replay it, no problem smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community