GB HOMEPAGE

What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay?

Posted By: Becky

What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/02/10 08:26 PM

Recently, GameBoomers had the good fortune to sit by a crackling virtual fireside and talk to Bryan Wiegele and Nate Ferguson, who have formed a game development company called Wicked Cinder.

Find out about the status of the Delaware St. John series, the new horror adventure decay, plus thoughts on various other aspects of adventuring -- what it's like to be an Independent developer, the differences between casual and hardcore adventures, the role of digital downloads, classic elements of horror, and more.

Bryan, Nate and exclusive screenshots from decay.

Posted By: MaG

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/02/10 08:31 PM

Thanks for the chat, Bryan and Nate!
Much success to Wicked Cinder!

kissy Becky.
Posted By: Mad

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/02/10 08:58 PM

Certainly an interesting interview thumbsup

Thanks, Becky and Wicked Cinder !! grin

Posted By: Rushes

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/02/10 09:08 PM

An interesting read, thanks, Becky!

I'm looking forward to these games. decay sounds exciting.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/02/10 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: The Interview
...As the walls rot away, rooms that weren't there previously are exposed...

Sounds like a "dream home" all right.
I can always use more storage space.

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/02/10 10:00 PM

lol The positive outlook!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/02/10 11:27 PM

The Addams Family point of view.

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 01:25 AM

evil
Posted By: dmtomchick

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 11:56 AM

Wow--must've missed hearing about this Decay game! Sounds so cool, the whole idea of the house rotting away. Can't wait for this one! Thanks for the interesting interview, I really enjoy Bryan's work.
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 03:24 PM

To all the decay writers and producers etc make Decay to play on Win7 pleasepleaseplease. I Need that game as everyone know how old ladies' houses get. Like mine. Many years ago a movie was about a house that shambeled down, well, the vegetation took over, and by killing people it renewed itself and this process repeated forever. Does anyone remember the name and was it Burgess Merideth who played that nasty old man? I'll always remember the pool trying to kill the boy.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 03:47 PM

The movie is called Burnt Offerings.

Ana wave

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 03:47 PM

Yankee, that sounds like Red Rose, adapted from a Stephen King novel?
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 04:03 PM

I am patiently waiting for the new Delaware St. John!

EDIT:
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Ana wave

I have that movie on video tape. It starred Karen Black, Oliver Reed & Bette Davis.Burgess Meredith and Eileen Heckart co-starred. I will have to pull it off the shelf and watch it again! eek

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 06:29 PM

That's the one!! Thanks Ana, boy you are fast. And thanks all. I'd like to buy that one maybe Amazon has it. Oh if Decay were like that oh mymy. Hey Rushes what's Red Rose like?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 06:58 PM

You are welcome! Enjoy. yay

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/03/10 10:57 PM

Yankee, Red Rose is pretty good. A group of paranormal investigators visit this deserted mansion, and one by one meet a grisly end of one kind or another. The house constantly moves around, changing rooms, creating new corridors and walls, etc. Nice build-up of tension, although the ending's a bit daft.

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/04/10 03:42 PM

Sounds like another movie to buy. I only play brand new movies and games over the PS because I don't want it to get dirty. Keep it pristine. I bet the book is good. Thanks Rushes

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/04/10 04:23 PM

I double checked - the title is actually Rose Red. I knew it didn't sound right in my head somehow. lol
Posted By: BWiegele

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/04/10 04:52 PM

Hi Yankee, decay will be compatible with XP, Vista, and Win7.

-Bryan

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/04/10 05:19 PM

Thanks Bryan! wave
Posted By: AnneG

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/04/10 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Penny Lane
I am patiently waiting for the new Delaware St. John!

EDIT:
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Ana wave

I have that movie on video tape. It starred Karen Black, Oliver Reed & Bette Davis.Burgess Meredith and Eileen Heckart co-starred. I will have to pull it off the shelf and watch it again! eek

I love that movie! I have it on dvd. I have the book too and it's not bad either.

I think Burgess Meredith was born to play creepy old men. He did the same thing in another haunted house movie, The Sentinel, and he was good in that one as well. That's another of my favorites.

And just to say on topic, I'm patiently waiting for decay. I thought it was supposed to be out in January. *sobs*
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: What's Happening with Delaware St. John, Inherent Evil 2, and Decay? - 02/07/10 09:41 PM

Thanks,

Another Delaware St. John, great news, definately puts him on the shelf a keeper with Gabriel and George. I have all of them. Now checking out Tex.

Charllotte
© 2024 GameBoomers Community