GB HOMEPAGE

About Uru live...

Posted By: Tomer

About Uru live... - 03/29/10 08:40 AM

Hi. I know there's been a huge URU live discussion here lately but I'm so cut out of the loop that I felt an urge to start a new one. Well, not a discussion, simply some questions I would like to have answered.

I have played URU single version long, long ago, when it first got published, and was there when Cyan declared they will not open the online version. I remember there was even a fan-based 8$ thingy that I purchased that enabled the online version to work, only without new contents.
I slowly lost my interest, because it felt this game was already in too much fan control. I like plot-driven stories, and it disappointed me the plot isn't going anywhere.

So, with all the new buzz:
1. How come URU live suddenly opened? Who opened it? Cyan? What caused it?

2. Is new material + new plot being released?

3. I know that many of the single-player puzzles, especially in the expansion pack POTS, were designed for two or more players, but eventually were reduced to fit into a single-player version.
Was that changed? Can some puzzles now actually be solved with only a number of players?
Are there new puzzles?

4. Does it cost money? Do I need both the single player and POTS to try it?

I think that's it for now.
I know this information is out there, but it always hides under huge amount of data I can't understand (I was always behind - even when I was interested!)

Thank you very much smile
Tomer.
Posted By: Becky

Re: About Uru live... - 03/29/10 09:12 AM

The first Uru Live thread IS getting rather long. This might be a good opportunity to start fresh! I'm locking the old thread and putting a link in it to this one, so we can keep up the conversation.

Others will probably chime in, but here are answers to some of your questions.

More about MOULagain

Cyan opened Uru Live (MOULagain) because the intrepid fans demanded it. There's now a community built up around the game that wants to continue.

It's a free download. You can donate if you wish. If lots of people donate, the game will continue.

There is new material that wasn't on the disk version -- it's the new material that was added while MOUL was in Gametap. Currently, there is no new material being added, but tools are being released so that some of the community who are adept at this can attempt to create their own Ages.

A few puzzles in MOUL do require a partner or partners.

Where to go to Download

You don't need to purchase or use the single player version. It's a completely new download from the Myst Online site. You'll find the download here.

I hope you'll be joining us. smile The Guild of Greeters are terrific at helping new gamers. And there's a GameBoomers bevin/neighborhood where you might stumble across some familiar names/faces.

To see information from the previous MOULagain thread, click here. If anyone wants to post below with important explanatory links, that would be great! grin

EDIT: Below are Ki numbers of MOULagain players (some in the GameBoomers hood/bevin, others from other bevins) that have already been posted on other MOULagain posts.

DMom2K 74181 (Dudemom_2000) The Founder of the GB Bevin/Hood
K’atva 1739483
Lor 122418
Becky 271088
Winfrey 244032
Boomerbob 567506 (r_fike)
D'anileu 524857 (Nanjoan)
Air Navy 283549
Mikeplay 618397
K'atva 378846 (KateVa)
Bigwuss 866357 (gamenut)
Colpet 637228
Patrix 3158531 (whistler)
Callie 395843 (JULES)
GameBoomer's 83122
Brandeline 91841
watcheroftheskies 3347691
amarez 89257 (mszv)
Celtic Lark 3564317
Hemlock 1739483
Menolly 144188
Ilford 316832
GB Flo 993786
Dadguy 2883
Ydoj 708397 (jody319)
Tomer 4364763
Bronwen 4618102 (monbron)

Re: About Uru live... - 03/29/10 10:47 AM

Becky, thanks a lot! smile
I'll check it out when I have a little time!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: About Uru live... - 03/30/10 02:11 AM

I've been gone for a week-- missed not being able to hop into Uru for my fix.
I am now looking for markers. I am on my second set? When I go thru a marker it gives me a number. I have been writing them down--- there are a lot of numbers... do I need to do this??? Sure would hate to be jotting all these numbers down for nothing--lol
And now I am behind a week in making pellets--- I'll never get back on that list--- OM-- has a million!!!!!!! smile

Re: About Uru live... - 03/30/10 03:15 AM

Hi Winfrey. I don't THINK you need to record any numbers while doing these in MOUL. At least, I didn't. grin
Posted By: dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 03/30/10 04:22 AM

NO! No need to record the marker coordinates. :-) Heheh... I like your enthusiasm though. :-)

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 03/30/10 08:31 PM

Thanks, I was writing a lot of numbers...lol
I just got done jumping off a cliff--- well ok I jumped off it at least 30 times before lining up correctly--- they put those markers in the strangest places--- well off to check on my pellets smile

Re: About Uru live... - 03/30/10 09:26 PM

Get used to the falling off a cliff thing when it comes to the marker quests. grin

Has everyone recovered from the St. Pat's Day parade? I was in the city last night (well, early this morning) and it was veeery quiet.

Re: About Uru live... - 03/30/10 10:15 PM

I'm on my third set of markers only one left -- an lol yes I've been jumping off lots of edges. I have one marker to find on this one and can't seem to locate it. It has to be somewhere around without linking to some balcony or other island right- somewhere at ferry or the palace or library and surrounding areas--- I don't link off to find one do I

edit-- guess I need glasses- I did find them all--- hmmm onto the 4th set wave

Re: About Uru live... - 03/31/10 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Becky

I was in the city last night (well, early this morning) and it was veeery quiet.

Becky, I noticed the time you were in there- I think you even beat the chickens getting up --- smile

Re: About Uru live... - 03/31/10 12:57 AM

Yes indeed. grin
Posted By: gamenut

Re: About Uru live... - 03/31/10 05:42 PM

I noticed that there has hardly been anyone from the 'Boomers Bevin on...i did see where you and Winfrey had been on and i think 1 or 2 others but that was about it...maybe lots on Spring Break or glued to the tv w/Basketball??
Posted By: lor

Re: About Uru live... - 03/31/10 09:02 PM

I haven't been around much, busy getting ready for my hols, off to Spain on Friday for two weeks sunshine(I hope:).

See you all when I get back, happy gaming:)

lor

Re: About Uru live... - 03/31/10 09:12 PM

have a great time!!!
Uru is down right now--- my pellets are getting cold smile

Re: About Uru live... - 03/31/10 09:21 PM

And my quabs are all crawling back out of the water:)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: About Uru live... - 04/01/10 05:45 PM

Winfrey, I moved your help request to Hints along with Dadguys answer.

Ana wave

Posted By: glozza

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 05:10 AM

Hi Boomers,
I have been reading everything about uru live & I am really nervous about playing it because you interact with other people & I am really shy blush
Can it be played compltely by myself?
Also is there an up to date walkthrough?
The original URU & the add ons is my most favourite game of all I have played so I am hoping I can play uru live and not find I am in over my head confused
thanks
Gloria

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 05:27 AM

glozza, you can play most all of it alone. There are a few places that you need help with. If you liked the original URU please, take a chance and come on in. Everyone is very nice and there is help from some of the ones that played when it first came out. I don't know about up to date walkthroughs but there are walkthroughs on their forum and you can use the ones here to help you. Hope to see you there. smile
Posted By: glozza

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 06:35 AM

Thank you so much Winfrey...I will give it a go :easter:
Gloria

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 05:54 PM

glozza, when you get into Uru live, post here and if you want one of us will try and meet up with you so you can become part of the Gameboomers group. That way if and when you want to talk or ask something you will be able to see if we are around. smile good luck I just met someone yesterday and she taught me how to get on top of the Map(sign) at the Ferry Building area.. I was quite pleased with myself... monky
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 07:38 PM

Hi everyone! wave

Okay, I haven't played this since the Until Uru days, so please help me out. I see no GameBoomers hood anywhere. How do I access it? Get to it?

Thanks,
Rusty monky

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 08:35 PM

Rusty well hello there let me go in and then you should be able to see it.

I'm in now- at the Ferry Terminal-- I made GB showing-- look at the public areas... I'll stay in for awhile-- let one of us know when you will be in and we will share our book an let you be part of the GB hood

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 08:41 PM

Hi Winfrey! wave

Thanks for the help but, it is still not showing up. Where should I be looking for it?

Thanks,
Rusty

EDIT - Now it showed up and I am there. Now what am I supposed to do? lol

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 09:01 PM

Rusty -- did you find a GB hood member to induct you into the neighborhood? I'm hoping that Winfrey found you!

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 09:23 PM

Update, friedmonky is now part of our hood--- and is already dancing---
It was good seeing you monky man smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 09:48 PM

Yes, I am all set now Becky! Many thanks to Winfrey for all her help. kissy

Rusty monky

Re: About Uru live... - 04/02/10 10:10 PM

Woo-hoo! broccoli
Posted By: monbron

Re: About Uru live... - 04/03/10 11:33 AM

Can you give me an idea of the time it takes to down?up load Uru live, I have 1mg of broadband (all thats available where I am. think :easter:

Re: About Uru live... - 04/03/10 01:23 PM

Hello everyone.
I entered Urulive for the first time yesterday. Was cool, but found it a little strange to just "talk to strangers".
I want to start the basic single-player pillar game that I've played years ago, but would be happy to do it with someone.
Is anyone here interested in sharing this with me? smile
It's a little awkward just asking that in the middle of a random "Bevin" smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/03/10 02:25 PM

Monbron -- the download took me about an hour. I have cable broadband.

Finding others in MOULagain:

I’ve included a list of Ki numbers posted on the previous thread. I’ve undoubtedly missed somebody (I always miss somebody frown )if so, please post your Ki number again here!

Tomer, if you input these Ki numbers into the Buddy List on your Ki, you will see these people when they are in MOULagain at the same time you are. You can then click on their names and type a message to them to ask to meet somewhere. The best way to get help on the Ages is to join the GB hood/bevin, giving you easier access to the other members.

Note: if you don’t mind posting your Ki number here, it’ll make it easier for others to respond to you – if you message a Buddy and they don’t get back to you, either they are away from the keyboard or they haven’t figured out how to respond yet, but keep trying and sooner or later you will be able to get together. (Some of those names listed below are members of GB hood, but many others are members of other hoods.)

DMom2K 74181 (Dudemom_2000) The Founder of the GB Bevin/Hood
K’atva 1739483
Lor 122418
Becky 271088
Winfrey 244032
Boomerbob 567506 (r_fike)
D'anileu 524857 (Nanjoan)
Air Navy 283549
Mikeplay 618397
K'atva 378846 (KateVa)
Bigwuss 866357 (gamenut)
Colpet 637228
Patrix 3158531 (whistler)
Callie 395843 (JULES)
GameBoomer's 83122
Brandeline 91841
watcheroftheskies 3347691
amarez 89257 (mszv)
Celtic Lark 3564317
Hemlock 1739483
Menolly 144188
Ilford 316832
GB Flo 993786
Dadguy 2883
Ydoj 708397 (jody319)
Tomer 4364763
Bronwen 4618102 (monbron)

Another great place to find help for the Ages is to stop by the Guild of Greeters bevin.

To enter a Ki number in your buddy list:

Quote:
Open your Ki
Click on the "person" icon (extended arms)
Click on "Buddies" beneath the "person" icon
On the top right you'll see "Add buddy...."
Click on "Add buddy"
Type in the Ki number of the person you want to make into a buddy
Hit the "enter" key on your computer

You should now see this person's name showing up at the top left of the Ki info under "Buddies" whenever they are in MOUL with you. To contact them, click on their name on that top left list, type a message, and hit "enter" on your computer

A side note: URU switches off the NumLock on the numbers keypad, so you will need to enter the KI numbers via the numbers at the top of your QWERTY keys.

Some links from the previous thread that might be helpful:

Quote:
For those new to URU-Live, here is a YouTube video that shows some of the worlds you can explore (with other players) in URU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtQufggfoAA&feature=related

More information is here:

EDIT: OK, here is a detailed description (ignore the GameTap comment and the "visitor status" comments). It is long, so I suggest focusing on Introduction, and GamePlay: What Do I Do Here (there are links to these sections at the top).

http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=135&Itemid=38

Dudemom posted ideas about fixes below. I'm running Win 7, for instance, and find that to get in I have to right click on the game Icon and click on "Run as Administrator" (this seems to be important for some people with Win 7 and Vista):

See this for Common Problems and How to Solve Them Once they get things going again, hopefully that will solve the patcher problem.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/03/10 04:29 PM

Wow, Becky, thanks a lot!
My name is "Tomer" in URU. Will post KI num later.
I'll check out your suggestions.
Thanks!

Re: About Uru live... - 04/03/10 05:20 PM

Tomer, add me to your buddy list (Becky you can add me to your list too if you like, but I am not a member of the GB Hood).

If you see me online anytime, send me a PM and I'll join you on some of your Age quests! smile

Dadguy

KI # 2883

Re: About Uru live... - 04/03/10 09:54 PM

Added you to the list, and also posted a copy of the list in my first post on this thread for those just starting to read it.
Posted By: jody319

Re: About Uru live... - 04/04/10 07:29 PM

Hey y'all...I have been in several times and haven't yet found anyone in GB Hood, but I'll keep looking. My name and number are Ydoj, KI 708397. Look for you soon...

Jody

Re: About Uru live... - 04/04/10 07:46 PM

I'll go in a look for you

Re: About Uru live... - 04/04/10 09:34 PM

Thanks! Added you guys!

p.s. have no idea what my KI num is, but my ID is: 04364763

Re: About Uru live... - 04/04/10 11:51 PM

Tomer, open your KI to full screen. Your KI # is at the bottom center-left.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/05/10 09:52 AM

Dadguy,
In the spot I think you mean, I have "000".
Maybe it's because I haven't calibrated my KI?

Re: About Uru live... - 04/05/10 01:48 PM

Hey Tomer! smile

OK, I just went in (I was working from memory), and I can confirm that the (ID:XXXXXXXXXX) number is your KI number, so your KI is 04364763. Maybe Becky can now add you to the list.

The other number you mentioned is probably your pellet count number. Later on in the game, you'll be able to collect pellet values that will show up in that area next to the icon that looks like a tylenol dropping into water. smile

Hope to see you online soon!

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/05/10 02:35 PM

I added jody319 and Tomer to the list! (I've been deleting the zeros at the beginning of the Ki numbers because you don't need them to input the number into your Buddy List.)

Re: About Uru live... - 04/05/10 03:33 PM

Is there any reason to keep TeamSpeak 3 client on our computers now that the parade is over?

Re: About Uru live... - 04/05/10 06:04 PM

Just wanted to say:

Dadguy = amazing!

We chatted for about an hour in my Relto about Uru today, and he explained tons of stuff, and showed me around the ages, and got me 1000 times more excited about it!!!

Dadguy, thank you! smile

What a grand game.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/05/10 08:42 PM

Winfrey, there may be other events that will use Teamspeak. So, the answer is that there may well be other reasons to hang onto Teamspeak.

Tomer, thanks! That was fun today. You can see there's a lot more to do. smile

I was hoping to find a member of the GB Hood online to get Tomer switched over, but I am sure we'll find other opportunities.

Dadguy smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/05/10 10:13 PM

Tomer are you here now- I will go to the hood and look

Re: About Uru live... - 04/06/10 02:52 AM

anyone having trouble logging into Uru now

Re: About Uru live... - 04/06/10 03:15 AM

Yes, Winfrey... there seems to be a problem. I am unable to get past the login. 11:12 PM EDT now for me.

Tomer is in Israel, so he is about 11 hours ahead of you. So, it is 2:00 AM his time when it is 3:00 PM your time.

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/06/10 04:52 AM

yup. And Tomer had to wake up now - 7:30 Israel time, so he didn't stay awake all night long this time around smile

Thanks Winfrey - I hope I'll see you around next time I connect.
Posted By: jody319

Re: About Uru live... - 04/06/10 09:50 AM

I am on Eastern Time US and the log in now shows that they are doing maintenance work and the server will be up again tomorrow. Forgot to look to see when tomorrow is, LOL, i.e. today my time, or tomorrow my time!

See y'all there soon I hope...

Jody (Ydoj)
Posted By: colpet

Re: About Uru live... - 04/06/10 07:31 PM

My friend Irissa started up a thread at the MOUL forums hoping to list all the public Bevins and their details. If no one here is a MOUL member, plaese give me the details and I will enter the Gameboomer Bevin on the list.
Here's the thread:
MOUL forums Bevin list thread

Re: About Uru live... - 04/07/10 07:07 AM

MOUL is up again smile

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/08/10 01:03 PM

Hi.
I plan to connect to URU in about 4-5 hours from now.
Will anyone from Gameboomers be online then? I'd be happy to join the gameboomers hood!

Thanks,
Tomer.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/08/10 05:21 PM

I'm in right now - I will go look for you

hung out for 1/2 hour--- sorry- gotta go

Re: About Uru live... - 04/08/10 06:10 PM

Just saw the message.
Ah well :-\ Thanks anyway!

Re: About Uru live... - 04/08/10 06:35 PM

quickly going in- cant stay but will see if you are there

Re: About Uru live... - 04/09/10 04:16 PM

Sorry Winfrey, wasn't there :-\

*If anyone's online 30 minutes after I'm writing this - seek me out! smile

Thanks,
Tomer.
KI 04364763

Re: About Uru live... - 04/10/10 12:21 AM

Pellet question, say I made 20,000 pellets and I go click on the pellet counter in the hood, Then I get another 10,000 pellets and go click on the counter in the hood-- will it show a total of 30,000 or will my 10,000 be a separate count?

Re: About Uru live... - 04/10/10 03:13 AM

Good question, Winfrey. smile

What it will do is register two seperate downloads of 20,000 and 10,000. If you are lucky enough to be in the top ten (or however many make the page) on both counts, then your name will be listed twice as 20,000 and 10,000. The total of 30,000 goes towards that Hood's grand total.

So check out the list in your Hood and if you want your name recorded for bragging rights, make sure your total single download is high enough to show. smile

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/10/10 03:42 AM

Thanks Dadguy, I want bragging rights..lol so I will make a few more to get a little higher on that list smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/11/10 02:57 PM

Tomer, I just missed you- I came to the Ferry Terminal and your name was there- I tried to talk to you but it said you went to the surface for a moment then you logged off.... almost had you--->
We will keep trying. Post here if someone does get you in so I will know ok.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: About Uru live... - 04/11/10 03:00 PM

grin Miss Winfrey

I think you ought to come to the surface and get out of that D`ni hole to see that there is another world up here

Hmmm...maybe an intervention is in order. crazy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/11/10 03:02 PM

Winfrey: I'm currently right next to your avater smile

my game crashed. :-\

Re: About Uru live... - 04/11/10 03:02 PM

rotfl puppy
you're probably right Mr. GreyFuss.... LOL Good morning to you sir

Re: About Uru live... - 04/12/10 11:29 AM

So close! lol And yet so far.
Posted By: r_fike

Re: About Uru live... - 04/12/10 11:22 PM

I seem stuck in checking for partcher update.
anyone else with this problem?

Re: About Uru live... - 04/12/10 11:55 PM

Right click on the MOUL/Uru icon and select "Run as Administrator."

Re: About Uru live... - 04/13/10 08:22 PM

Hi there finally got around to getting my Ki and my number is 04618102 and my name is Bronwen, look forward to meetingsome of you in there some time. happydance

Re: About Uru live... - 04/13/10 08:46 PM

going to Uru now!!

Re: About Uru live... - 04/13/10 09:38 PM

monbron, when you are in Uru, make sure you Ki is open we saw you in there today and were sending you messages, but I guess your Ki was closed and did not see us...lol--- you just left. If you come here jump back in- go to Nexus and in public look for gameboomers and click on it- we will be there for a little while--

Re: About Uru live... - 04/14/10 11:06 AM

Monbron -- I'll add your Ki number to the list. I see that Tomer is now in the GB hood!

BTW -- Thanks to those who keep our pellet count high. grin
Posted By: KateVa

Re: About Uru live... - 04/14/10 09:01 PM

and Bronwen shows up as a neighbor, too! Well done. Winfrey is a hard worker happydance

Kate (K'atva, etc)

Re: About Uru live... - 04/14/10 09:15 PM

yay Winfrey!

Re: About Uru live... - 04/14/10 09:26 PM

Winfrey takes a bow puppy
It's been fun getting them into GB. I had so much help when I first came on.. I am playing it forward... smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/20/10 02:49 PM

Just a heads-up, that there will be some down time on the Moulagain server at 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific time today.

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20863

Dadguy smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/20/10 03:09 PM

..and Congratulations to DadGuy bravo
for his promotion to moderator on the mystonline forums!!

Can't think of a better person who selflessly helps us all! ( Well, other than Becky, and..) grin

Kate

Re: About Uru live... - 04/20/10 03:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up, dadguy smile ...
oh edit edit... totally agree Congrat's dadguy!!!!

Re: About Uru live... - 04/20/10 06:40 PM

Congratulations dadguy! That's great news. wave

I saw the Zandi van pic on the imager in the GB hood. Who's responsible??? lol

Re: About Uru live... - 04/20/10 09:57 PM

Not I-but I do remember the Easter Egg to go and drive it...lots of fun! lol

Kate

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 03:49 AM

I was in the GoG Hood two nights ago when an explorer did a test of the famous URU "Easter Egg" that when completed allows you to jump over the fence in a special spot in the Cleft (Desert). A Boomer must have completed that Easter Egg. If I can find the link to the "procedures" for that egg, I'll post.

Thanks for the kind comments about Moderating at MOUL. smile

Cheers,

Dadguy

PS: In MOULagain, you can't drive the motor home, but you can visit it.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 09:29 AM

Question: Is nothing supposed to happen after I complete the 14 marker missions?!?!

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 11:30 AM

If it is, I don't think anyone has figured it out yet. grin

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 12:14 PM

I can't believe I wasn't warned about that! smile
So no way of calibrating KI?

Another question:
I started to try and solve Minkata, but it's proving difficult smile
I wondered if there's anyone here who:
1. Likes challenges.
2. Has no idea how to solve Minkata as well.
3. Wants to try and solve it together.

Thanks,
Tomer.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 12:57 PM

First: Happy New Year everyone! (and if you haven't been to the hood today you should go and wait for the...treat!)

As for the marker missions-once upon a time we all had to calibrate the GZ. Then we got the spiral and (boy my memory is shot) we had to jump off the Takohta cliff into the spiral. Ah, too many years ago.

Minkata-tough one. I finished it but had help.

Kate

PS your Ki should be working nicely Tomer-you can now make your own marker games, yes?

K

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 01:51 PM

Kateva - I just recall from the offline version I could see coordinates which I cannot :-\
Marker game - not that I really know how to do that - but yes, I can do it, and I think I could even before doing the 14 bothersome marker missions.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 02:02 PM

I remember before they calibrated the Great Zero, you could tell that the coordinates in places were actually wrong. Didn't a bunch of us wander around talking about that at one point?

Then the marker missions were supposed to help the DRC calibrate the Great Zero, which they eventually did.

So the marker missions were part of the ongoing story, which has since become history.

However, I still hold out hope that there's a way of doing those particular 14 missions that brings a different reward, and we just haven't figured it out yet.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 02:50 PM

Tomer, I have markers for the Minkata part, If after awhile you can't to it. If I can work out how to transfer these to you I will... I may have to talk to dadguy and get a lesson in transferring files LoL

tomer I tried sending you marker 1 mission. Look in your incoming and see if you see it,
K.. I am in the Belvin but nothing is happening-- guess I'll sit some more smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Tomer
Question: Is nothing supposed to happen after I complete the 14 marker missions?!?!

Actually "something" does happen. The KI "GPS" will work. However, they only work within range of the Great Zero. (Relto and other Ages are not in range)

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 03:20 PM

Oooooh. That's VERY vague, don't you know. I'm now wondering what I missed in MOULagain that must have been there before in GameTap when I finished the missions.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 03:23 PM

I'm still sitting in the Belvin ....

Quote:First: Happy New Year everyone! (and if you haven't been to the hood today you should go and wait for the...treat!)

I've been in our Belvin for about 1/2 an hour---- nothing-- hmmmm

Well I am back in the hood--- still nothing--- is this a late April 1 joke.....

Re: About Uru live... - 04/21/10 11:17 PM

Winfrey -- success with the last two markers on Quest 2! broccoli

I didn't see anything in the hood either. Except Winfrey. laugh

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: dadguy

Actually "something" does happen. The KI "GPS" will work. However, they only work within range of the Great Zero. (Relto and other Ages are not in range)

Dadguy

Mine doesn't show any coordinates though...

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 12:14 AM

Surely Becky and Winfrey-you saw the banner? I have seen the pyrotechnics twice today. About a quarter to the hour...but I dont know if it is timed or linked to link ins..so to speak.

Ksate

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 02:08 AM

Yes, saw the banner... very nice, but I guess Winfrey doesn't weight enough to trigger off the pyrotechnics-- sat again patiently from 6:32 till 7:04. Next year we should throw a party! smile
Posted By: Dave McB

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 03:16 AM

Tomer, open the big KI and look in the upper right of the screen. Do you see the co-ordinates there?

If you don't, you may have not done all the missions (check) or, you've encountered a bug.

Hope this helps. Dave

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 03:34 AM

Also, where are you when you are looking for coordinates? Only Ages within range of the GZ show coordinates (like The City, Bevins).

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 11:14 AM

No Winfrey its not you, I also waited patiently but saw no fireworks. Definitely think BG should throw a party as I missed the St Patrick's one. happydance

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 11:31 AM

Well, I noticed that the cones are all nicely in one room and the fireballs all nicely in one spot. (Someone with energy cleaned up after the St. Pat's Parade!)

Err, I'll look for the banner today. grin

Re: About Uru live... - 04/22/10 11:58 PM

dadguy and Dave - you guys are right. In the offline version coordinates used to be written on the small KI. Now it indeed appears on the big screen (which is a little less fun but oh well).
Also - in the nexus, in the offline version, if I'm not mistaken, one could see the coordinates of the different places (instead of 0000 00 00), and here I don't see it (might be wrong about the offline version though!).

So - no volunteers for Minkata? :-\

Re: About Uru live... - 04/23/10 03:31 AM

Tomer, are you looking for some explorer company when working on this Age? It's a fun one to handle with a friend.

Look for us online and give a shout.

Dadguy

Re: About Uru live... - 04/23/10 08:22 AM

dadguy, I'm looking for someone to solve it with, who hasn't yet solved it, since trying myself I didn't progress much, and if it's as hard as Ahnonay (or more), there's no chance I'll solve it on my own.
But two minds are better than one smile
I do want to try and solve it though...

Re: About Uru live... - 04/26/10 01:48 PM

Anyone else having problems logging in this morning- I am sitting at initial patch

Re: About Uru live... - 04/26/10 02:30 PM

Same here Winfrey.

Re: About Uru live... - 04/26/10 02:38 PM

I posted on their forum Lor-- looks like we are not alone- servers are down.. frown

Re: About Uru live... - 04/26/10 03:10 PM

Typical, decided to get all the laundry from my hols done before playing:)

Re: About Uru live... - 04/26/10 04:01 PM

Yes, the servers appear to be down. Hopefully they'll get on them this morning when they get into the office. smile

Cheers,

Dadguy

EDIT: They kicked the server and it is now up again! (as of 12:58 Eastern US time)

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=338524#338524

Re: About Uru live... - 04/26/10 11:25 PM

Well, LOL big time.... I was just in the hood and saw a picture- I believe of the fireworks--- they were over the fountain..... I was standing and looking out the balcony...oh how funny

Re: About Uru live... - 04/27/10 12:53 AM

So your back was to the fireworks? sad

I accidentally kicked a fire marble out from where they are so nicely placed in the linking area and it landed on the landing across the way.

SCORE!

Then when I tried to kick it back, it went into the water. Um, have I destroyed one of our fire marbles?

Re: About Uru live... - 04/27/10 01:42 AM

Yes, bummer- I thought it would be outside-- for awhile I was standing in the water- too bad it didn't go off then.---
I will have to go look for that fire marbles--- rotfl

Re: About Uru live... - 04/27/10 07:33 AM

I put the picture on the imager Winfrey.

I PMd you how to get them to come on, didn't want to spoil and I forgot how to do a spoiler:)

Re: About Uru live... - 04/27/10 09:09 PM

Welcome home, Lor. happydance

I am in the midst of doing the Easter Egg routine. Got the end suprise
Click to reveal..
but forgot to jump the fence to get to the Zamboni.
So back I go.

Perhaps others will be intrigued? grin

Katre (who has forgotten how to add spoilers..sigh)

Re: About Uru live... - 04/27/10 09:35 PM

Oh boy, I had forgotten all about the Easter egg.

I seem to recall a whole list of things to do including wearing the Yeesha shirt?

Thanks for the welcome home Kate, are you still on the road?

Lor goes to see if she still has the notes on the Easter egg:)

Re: About Uru live... - 04/27/10 10:48 PM

Lor goes to see if she still has the notes on the Easter egg:)

If you find them-- send them to me please, thank you smile

Re: About Uru live... - 04/28/10 12:39 PM

http://www.eeggs.com/items/41913.html

Winfrey above is the link to the Easter egg notes.

Just start from where it says...In depth process...

Enjoy:)

Re: About Uru live... - 04/28/10 02:07 PM

Thanks Lor, I also met up with Nivlaek last night in Uru and he sent me instructions... sure is fun meeting people in Uru--- thanks for the link-
Edit.....

Well I must of done something wrong cause I tried to look through the tele and nothing happened--- that is the telescope in the wreckage right??? guess I will try again. not sure what I did wrong---darn...

Re: About Uru live... - 05/08/10 01:29 AM

We're back!!!!! happydance

Kate

Re: About Uru live... - 05/08/10 10:46 AM

Boy that was a long time, thanks for letting us know bravo
Posted By: ces

Re: About Uru live... - 05/11/10 06:28 PM

BTW - for walklthroughs and a KI user's guide, the Guild of Greeters is the place to go:

www.guildofgreeters.com

Re: About Uru live... - 10/04/10 09:35 PM

After a summer away, I have been trying to come into the hood to see old frends-always missing everyone, of course! So...

Lor and I would like to invite you all to meet up in GameBoomer's Hood this Sunday at 4 pm EDT just to get together again.

Last time we had a real crowd was <gasp> St Patrick's Day! Come on in and let's play. lol

Kate

Re: About Uru live... - 10/05/10 08:14 AM

Sunday at the hood! I'll try to be there. taz

Re: About Uru live... - 10/05/10 10:46 AM

Anyone any idea what time that is in the UK?? thanks

Re: About Uru live... - 10/05/10 02:43 PM

That's 9pm monbron.

Anyone who is not in GameBoomers hood is very welcome but may have difficulty finding it in nexus as hood's drop off the list. If you post your KI# here I will send you an invite so you can get in easily from nexus.

I am going to post our pellet total on the uru forum as we are up in the top twenty...WOW! have you seen some of the individual scores....German Nulp's is amazing.

lor

Re: About Uru live... - 10/05/10 03:53 PM

Sorry Lor I am known as Bronwen on the Uru site(Winfrey introduced me to GB's Nexus) so hopefully I will join you, also I have not loaded my pellets yet and I have quite a few not quite up to Winfrey's though, I was hoping to beat her before I declared them, next I have to look up how to put them on the screen. monky

Re: About Uru live... - 10/05/10 09:40 PM

I miss being in Uru..... I've been without my computer for oh so long... can't wait till I get moved in and set up and loaded again... monbron... beat my pellet score......... oh I will get you for that devil lol

Re: About Uru live... - 10/07/10 05:39 AM

I will mark my calendar! Sounds like fun!

Dadguy
Posted By: mikeplay

Re: About Uru live... - 10/07/10 12:05 PM

I will try to make it also.

Mikeplay

Re: About Uru live... - 10/10/10 01:53 PM

Looking forward to seeing lots of old friends (and new ones, too) this afternoon/evening. Come and join us!

Kate (aka Katva)

Re: About Uru live... - 10/11/10 10:11 AM

It was good to see some familiar faces/names last night, thank you for organising it. thanks taz

Re: About Uru live... - 10/11/10 11:57 AM

That was refreshing! Especially the time in the fountain. I am youthful once again. grin

Thanks lor. It was a lot of fun. yay

Re: About Uru live... - 10/11/10 06:56 PM

I am sorry I missed it! I was enticed to get out in the fabulous weather for some golf, which I could not pass up.

Hope you had fun!

Dadguy :-)

Re: About Uru live... - 10/12/10 12:11 AM

Fun it was! Although disappointing that not a lot of the group were GBers. However, we had 20 in the hood and I laughed a whole lot! We also had a number of new explorers wander in-and that is what this is all about. Getting a broader group into Uru.

Let's do this again, and see if we can get more of our hood "reingaged". I think we need some ideas on games to play while waiting for the Cavcon meter to allow new "stuff" into Uru. Any ideas?

Kate (aka Katva)

Re: About Uru live... - 10/12/10 03:05 AM

Sorry I was not there.... would have loved to see everyone and kick a few balls smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community