GB HOMEPAGE

Darkness Within - Does it Stand Alone?

Posted By: JeanK

Darkness Within - Does it Stand Alone? - 06/14/10 09:59 PM

Hi All:

I know there is a first game in this series, but I haven't played it. Do I have to have played it to understand the second one? I don't want to get it if I don't understand a thing that's going on.

Thanks! happydance
Posted By: Becky

Re: Darkness Within - Does it Stand Alone? - 06/14/10 11:26 PM

Others may have a different impression -- but I think you can enjoy the game without having played the first one. The most important events from the previous game are explained to some extent in the early part of Darkness Within 2, so you do have a fairly good idea of what is going on.

If you haven't played the first game you won't understand the history of some of the characters as well, though.

Hmmm. The first one is a good game -- maybe play it first? grin

Posted By: JeanK

Re: Darkness Within - Does it Stand Alone? - 06/15/10 04:57 PM

Thanks Becky, I think I will get the first game. It's pretty cheap now, and I'd really like to know the history.

I just finished Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper and Black Mirror 2. They're hard acts to follow, but I think the Darkness Within games sound like they'd do the trick!

Jean
Posted By: StellaStar

Re: Darkness Within - Does it Stand Alone? - 06/16/10 09:09 PM

Agree with Becky - it's a stand alone game, but in order to enjoy it fully, playing the first instalment is a must. Also being well versed in Lovecraft and his works is not a bad idea.

Just finished the game three days ago and loved it to bits - but many things are still in a blur, probably due to me being very thin on the Lovecraft mythology. Hope the third part will continue the Loreid saga.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community