GB HOMEPAGE

Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/20/10 11:38 PM

In development from Red Talon Games for a Q4 2010 commercial release.

Screenshots can be seen here.

Quote:

Moon Base: Orion

Space janitor Rad Tunever finds his vacation unceremoniously cut short when his shuttle receives a mysterious distress call from the far-flung Moon Base: Orion. Only the curious phrase '...robots rebelling...' could be deciphered before being abruptly cut off. Myopic by nature and armed only with sarcasm, Rad is the most unlikely of heroes. Will he be able to find the resolve within himself to defeat a threat of galactic proportions and rescue the base inhabitants before they ask him to just please leave?

No. No he can't.

Company Bio:
Indie development studio 'Red Talon Games' maintains an unassuming lair on the west coast of Canada where the graveyards are plentiful
and night security is lax.

Follow the game's maligned gestation at: www.redtalongames.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/RedTalonGames

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vancouver-BC/Red-Talon-Games/104270212940387

Another one to look forward too! rah

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/20/10 11:43 PM

Space janitor!! lol

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/21/10 12:17 AM

That's a lot of loose wiring around the rocket. I think the space janitor must have a slapdash work ethic.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/21/10 01:46 AM

Roger Wilco's cousin?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/21/10 02:21 AM

Looks like there could be fun on the way !! lol

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: venus

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/21/10 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
Roger Wilco's cousin?

That's what I was thinking. Or his descendant, perhaps. lol

Looks interesting. Thanks, Ana! thumbsup
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/21/10 03:29 PM

Hmm, I'm not going to decide one way or the other until I see this Rad guy? I had the same thought as GuybrushThreepwood that he might be Roger Wilco's cousin!
Posted By: RedTalon

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/23/10 02:55 AM

Hello all,

Thanks so much to GameBoomers for posting our press release, and to all of you for your interest.

My brother, Kipp (the artist/animator/web dude), and I (the designer/programmer/attention getter) find it heartening to know sites like this, which embraces the indie adventure developers so whole heartedly, exist.

Moon Base: Orion is in very active gestation, and we'll be posting more info and screenshots as we hurtle closer towards release.

Regards,
Kevin Lightburn
Red Talon Games

May Adventure games never die!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/23/10 03:17 AM

welcome to GameBoomers Red Talon! Looking forward to seeing more on the game amd wish you much success.

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/23/10 09:23 AM

Welcome RedTalon. wave We're looking forward to your game!
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/23/10 03:45 PM

Sci-Fi...Welcome and I'm looking forward to this game! He reminds me of Roger Wilco too.
Posted By: cruise02

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/25/10 12:29 AM

Oooooo! Another space game - it looks like they're coming back! But I hope this new game will be pure adventure, point-and-click, unlike Space Quest.

I didn't buy Space Quest because there's some fighting in it, timed sequences, and dying in it - I do hope this game will have none of that.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/25/10 06:45 PM

Insane deaths made Space Quest series fun.
Posted By: WaywardSun

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/29/10 10:37 PM

Hi folks!

I'm the Art Director & Lead Illustrator for Moon Base: Orion.

And I can categorically assure you, Rad and Roger are not related. Aside from both having two arms, two legs and a head... there is no similarity. The only other thing they have in common is their job title. smile

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/30/10 10:25 AM

lol lol

Thank You !!!!
Posted By: sierramindy

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 06/30/10 03:44 PM

Hmmm, some robots also have arms, legs, and a head so that still doesn't tell me that much about Rad. Also, Rad and Roger have one other thing in common, both have first names starting with the letter "R"!
Posted By: RedTalon

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 07/04/10 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: cruise02
But I hope this new game will be pure adventure, point-and-click, unlike Space Quest.

It will definitely be that.

Originally Posted By: cruise02
I didn't buy Space Quest because there's some fighting in it, timed sequences, and dying in it - I do hope this game will have none of that.

The game definitely does not have any of that. This is a pure, point and click, 3rd person, sci-fi adventure game with an off-kilter player character.

Next up will be another background shot, and the first look at Rad, himself.

Stay tuned.

Re: Moon Base: Orion - New Game In Development from Red Talon Games - 07/04/10 10:10 AM

Can't wait !! bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community