GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion

Posted By: Kootsie

Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/01/10 06:41 PM

Becky! Good idea! ok here goes.

Of course, Ive always loved ND games and have played them all.

This one lacks Ned and the girls to phone up and Nancy has to rely on the Hardy boys.

Intriguing story line, but am wishing there were more arcade games to play. Only two.

A couple of the puzzles were INCREDIBLY hard. Besides Mag's great walkthru, theres this guy on YouTube who plays all of ND games and and he does walkthrus for all of them, incluing this new one.

His narration is quite amusing as well...try it out smile

http://www.youtube.com/user/arglefumph#p/u
Posted By: Becky

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/01/10 08:35 PM

Hi Kootsie -- since this is a general discussion of the game, I'm going to move this into its own thread so that others will know to look here for a general discussion.
Posted By: mission

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/02/10 07:15 AM

This is great, thanks for the youtube link.
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/03/10 03:57 PM

Hey People! Finished the game!...Pretty good stuff.

I got a clue where the next ND adventure takes place too!
Posted By: Mystery Lover

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/04/10 03:08 AM

I started playing this game and it is pretty good!
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/07/10 11:30 PM

I am still playing and like it, I happen to love
the puzzle parts, so when I heard there was less
plot, and more puzzles, thats fine with me, smile
Loving it so far...

Posted By: The Cynic

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/08/10 01:31 PM

To anyone who disliked 7-Ships, this one is worse.
The puzzles are childs play. Nancy do this and Nancy do that. 2 mice traps would have been enough.
Car driving is a pain in the ....!
After doing the TV fix, I couldn't go on. Walked and talked for fripping time. Hey there's a box next to the barn. I see. Cursor never went that way. Well it did before with those cuddly whatsits.
Do you bother going there again, unless you feel to scratch those gremlins? I'd say no!
B-, although talking to Krolmeister on the phone was quite fun.

Posted By: Susie07

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/08/10 08:41 PM

I enjoyed this one a lot more than "Ransom", but found some of the puzzles to be quite difficult.

The only thing I wondered about was, after Nancy read the article in Scott's office
Click to reveal..
about Ma being killed, the topic never came up when she was talking to Pa. After asking him several times where Ma was, I would have thought she might have mentioned the accident.

Susan
Posted By: chesnut

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/09/10 01:36 AM

I am the worst driver ever.

I'm just getting started and I like it so far, but I think it's strange to make a game where it's okay to crash into so many cars without consequence. Okay you eventually lose the game, die, whatever it is but...

Or am I the only one who can't drive for squat?

c
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/09/10 10:38 PM

This might be one of the few Nancy Drew games that I pass by. I couldn't get through 7 Ships because of the monkeys and those darn cocoanuts; I couldn't drive the car correctly at the end of Secret of the Old Clock; the sewing machine and Barnacle Blasters also did me in, so I might just wait for the next game. I did manage to get all the sheep in the barn at Castle Malloy - they're more my speed.
Posted By: Tara

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/10/10 02:52 PM

I just finised the game and i like it very much. So far i enjoyed all the Nancy Drew games!
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/11/10 09:19 PM

Just after posting yesterday that I probably wasn't going to buy this game, I just happened to see it in Target this morning, and it just happened to end up in my shopping cart. So now I guess I just have to play it. Oh well....

(BTW, I'm enjoying it so far.)
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister -- General Discussion - 07/11/10 09:32 PM

Hi, SuMac!

That happens to me all the time and I'm convinced that items jump off the shelf into my cart the minute my back is turned lol !

I found some of the puzzles to be extremely difficult, but I did enjoy it very much and am looking forward to the next one.

Susan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community