GB HOMEPAGE

Darkness Within The Dark Lineage

Posted By: Laurette

Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/07/10 05:51 PM

Is this the second game in the series? It looks interesting, but don't want to buy a game I've already played. How new is it? Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/07/10 06:26 PM

Yes "Dark Lineage" is the second in the series.
The first was "In Pursuit of Loath Nolder."

Before you buy it, make sure your video card is capable of Pixel Shader 3.0.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/07/10 06:43 PM

It's also largely keyboard controlled -- worth pointing out, as some gamers cannot abide this style of gameplay.

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/07/10 07:31 PM

Jenny100: Just got a new computer; has 4 core and 4 core logical processor; 2800 Mhz. Before I got the computer, I brought along the specs for Black Mirror to make sure I could play current games.
Rushes: Thanks for the advice. Have you played it? Is it worth it?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/07/10 07:47 PM

I played the demo, but didn't get on with it at all. I found the controls and movement far too clunky, even though I reprogrammed the keys. Not for me.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/07/10 08:16 PM

smile For what it's worth; I'm halfway through it right now and while it is a bit 'glunky' at times, I find the story and the visual and verbal details to be really entertaining. I do have a question though. When "..Loath Nolder" came out, there were supposed to be three of these games. I have read that this second game should now be considered the end of the series. Is it?

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/07/10 08:20 PM

Thanks, Rushes.
The Haze: In searching for the demo at Gamers Hell, they write this is the "second and final" game in the series.

After approx. 1-1/2 hours of downloading the demo; used WinZip to unlock file. Followed all steps, did this 3 times. Kept getting message: cannot start game as physxl.dll is missing. I installed it, according to their directions. Guess this game is on my "forget it" list.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/08/10 11:43 AM

Laurette -- I had to download PhysX in order to get the game to run. You can find out more about PhysX here. I'm not sure if the demo has the same issue.

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/08/10 01:49 PM

Becky: The demo said it was installing PhysX, but it still didn't work. I'll give it one more try. Thanks.
I went to your link, but couldn't see where you could download PhysX.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/08/10 05:20 PM

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.10.0224-driver.html

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/08/10 07:32 PM

mj2c:Thank you very much. I successfully installed PhysX. However, when I go to run the game, nothing happens. Guess it was not meant to be!

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/08/10 07:34 PM

Sorry Laurette! You've certainly given the good old college try! sad
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/08/10 09:02 PM

I think I had the same problem as you. I definately had to download the PhysX drivers from the nVidia site as the ones that came with the game didnt work. Did you uninstall the game *and* the Physx that came with the game before you installed the new Physx from the nVidia site? I know I had to mess around a bit before I could get it to work.

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/08/10 10:05 PM

I tried the one that came with the game - didn't work. Reinstalled the game and it now works. But, right now I feel like I've been on a ship (or something)! Haven't played much and am still undecided. One question: the words at the top "pick up the lantern" keep flashing even after I have the lantern. How do you get rid of them? Thanks for all the help.

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/09/10 11:16 AM

If you click the lantern icon in inventory a time or two, do the words go away? (just an idea) You could also try right-clicking on the item in inventory and see if that helps.
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/09/10 02:32 PM

Hi Laurette wave

There is a patch available for the game here.

I'm not sure if these fixes will help with your problem.

"Q"

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/09/10 03:35 PM

Thanks, Becky and gadventuregames. I'll try your suggestions.
I went into Options and turned off the tutorial. The words disappeared.
Also, I found out if you put the mouse sensitivity button all the way to the left, it eases the somewhat "dizzy" feeling.

Re: Darkness Within The Dark Lineage - 08/17/10 10:21 PM

I bought this game. I knew I'd either love it, enjoy it or hate it. So far, I am completely enjoying it. Once you get the "feel" of the controls, it feels as if you are really there. Very spooky. Strongly recommend it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community