GB HOMEPAGE

Lost Horizon at GamersGate, Interact, The Adventure Shop and Steam

Posted By: Becky

Lost Horizon at GamersGate, Interact, The Adventure Shop and Steam - 08/23/10 10:40 AM

It looks like a download purchase and not a preorder. Am I seeing it correctly? lol

Changed the thread title since the game is now more widely available at online stores and portals.
Posted By: JeanK

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/23/10 11:33 AM

That's what it looks like to me, too. I'm going to have to wait until it hits Amazon as I usually only buy these days with gift certificates. I'd sure like to get this one!

Thanks Becky.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/23/10 12:12 PM

I saw this note on the Lost Horizon page at Games Planet:

Quote:
Preorder
Play on the day of release!
You'll receive your download links and activation code by email the 17/09/2010 at 00:00

It might be that Gamers Gate has an exclusive.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/23/10 05:15 PM

Good to know though that if Dave at Interact intends to stock it, we'll eventually have access to a disk version tomato
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/23/10 05:26 PM

Amazon UK currently has a release date of 17th September for the disc version. smile

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/24/10 02:16 AM

Thanks for that info, Rushes !! Yippee rah

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/25/10 05:23 PM

I clicked on the "to buy" button today and I got a message: "This product is not available for purchase from your location."

That's frustrating! mad
Posted By: kjos

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/25/10 06:06 PM

I downloaded it from gamersgate yesterday Becky. what a great game worth $20.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/25/10 09:11 PM

I missed it by one day! Just my luck. duh

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/25/10 09:20 PM

Am I the only one playing the full game?
Richard
Posted By: venus

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/25/10 10:59 PM

I'm still waiting for the disk version. Does anyone know if it's going to be available at Interact?
Posted By: Barry

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/27/10 05:21 PM

It looks that way Richard. I went to Gamersgate today and it said available for download anywhere from 9/17-24.

Regards,

Barry

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/27/10 06:22 PM

I got to chapter 4 without a WT. You sure need your thinking cap on. it's really a great game. the demo was just a small part of the whole game.
Richard
Posted By: menahune

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/27/10 06:25 PM

it's not available in Canada

UK and US only

is that discrimination or what? I wrote to them, and they said it's the contract from the publisher - so who is the publisher?

ps I wrote to Dave, and he just replied - they'll have it in September when it's released

Janice

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/27/10 08:13 PM

Thanks for the info from Dave, menahune! I was getting nervous since I haven't seen it on Interact yet. Good to know he will be getting it in! yay

Ah, just checked Interact and it's up for pre-order now! rah

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/27/10 09:35 PM

I guess I'm lucky I only paid $20 from Gamersgate.
All are going to love this game.
Richard
Posted By: traveler

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/27/10 10:52 PM

Thanks, venus! I jumped to order it from Dave!

Gil.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/27/10 10:56 PM

Richard
the difference in price is that if you buy it from Dave at Interac, you're getting the box set

I think that's right ???

Janice

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 02:37 AM

You're welcome, traveler! I did, too. grin

Menahune, I'm pretty sure that's right. I prefer the boxed copies in general though - no DRM. For me, it's worth the extra price. smile

Kjos, glad you are enjoying the game so much! I have to admit, I am a little jealous that you are already playing it. lol Did you ever get past your stuck point?

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 02:40 AM

"I prefer the boxed copies in general though - no DRM. For me, it's worth the extra price."

Me too !! And all the time. Not just in general razz

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 02:49 AM

Well, there are exceptions, such as GOG. Or The Silver Lining, which is free, and therefore contains no DRM. Other than that, though, yes, boxed copies all the way. grin

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 03:00 AM

Just finished chapter 4.Just started chapter 5. Really a long game. Love it.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 12:44 PM

Thanks for the update, kjos. Glad to hear the game is a long one. I love long games, and we've had too many short ones lately. bravo
Posted By: jody319

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 02:39 PM

Does anyone know if this will be offered by download any other place than GamersGate? Sure hope so.

Thank you if you know anything...appreciate it!

Jody

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 02:40 PM

Hi Richard

glad to hear you got past the stuck spot in chapter 4 - happy to know I'll have a place to go for help when I need it - how many chapters are there?

Janice
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: jody319
Does anyone know if this will be offered by download any other place than GamersGate? Sure hope so.

Thank you if you know anything...appreciate it!

Jody

Jody, see MaG's post above:

Originally Posted By: MaG
I saw this note on the Lost Horizon page at Games Planet:

Quote:
Preorder
Play on the day of release!
You'll receive your download links and activation code by email the 17/09/2010 at 00:00

It might be that Gamers Gate has an exclusive.

Ana wave

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 02:47 PM

Hi Janice,I think there are 5 chapters. I'm on the fifth one now. it's a great game. Wish it would never end.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 03:18 PM

For some reason, I was thinking there were seven chapters? I could be getting it mixed up with another game, though.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: venus
Well, there are exceptions, such as GOG. Or The Silver Lining, which is free, and therefore contains no DRM. Other than that, though, yes, boxed copies all the way. grin

Yes. venus !! I agree on both counts lol

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 07:15 PM

I thought I was coming to the end but boy was I ever wrong. I just finished chapter 5 and now I went to chapter 6. Been playing for 4 days. I think I play about 4 to 6 hrs a day. I have never see a game this long. I just can't get over what a wonderful game it is.
Richard
Posted By: zak

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/28/10 08:17 PM

Longtime for the 17th to wait for other places to get it frown

Wont pay 40euro when others get it for $20 at gamersgate just fell ripped off big time.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 03:26 PM

What a great game just finished it. Can't get over how long it was. it wasn't a easy game but interesting. you really have to do a lot of thinking. burger
richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 04:46 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, kjos! So how many chapters did the game have altogether?

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 05:13 PM

There are 7 long ones venus.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 05:24 PM

Sounds great, kjos, thanks for the info! thumbsup

Can't wait until my copy arrives in September. rah
Posted By: vic

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 07:32 PM

I've just pre ordered it on amazon.co.uk for £14.91 as it is on gamersate for a download price of £19.99 so the disc is cheaper, and I will play it then sell it too!

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 08:13 PM

vic,gamersgate is $19.95.
Richard
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 08:29 PM

Not for us in the UK it isnt. They are charging us £19.95 which is about $31

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 08:41 PM

WOW.thats a lot of money for a download.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/29/10 08:44 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rip-off_Britain
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/30/10 01:07 AM

is this point and click?

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/30/10 01:15 AM

it sure is patsy.
Richard
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/30/10 03:12 AM

Dave has it listed for preorder @ Interact $29.95
Posted By: Romy

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/30/10 10:16 AM

Hi @ all,

I played the German version of Lost Horizon two weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. It’s a wonderful game and it has got a fantastic and an interesting story.

The German version has got great voice actors. I played round about 17 hours without any help and walkthrough. Some puzzles were a bit tricky. I generally love the dialogs and the humor and wit of Fenton. There are wonderful locations. In relation to riddles there is a lot to do.

I can only recommend this excellent game. I hope that the English voice actors or the synchronization are as good as the German.

Romy

Posted By: marie

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/30/10 05:15 PM

Gamersgate will have it on Sept 17, but I haven't seen a preorder yet. I loved the gameplay on the demo and I'm looking forward to playing the full version once it come out. rah
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 08/31/10 01:48 AM

Thanks, Richard.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/03/10 10:46 PM

If any others in europe been looking to buy this from gamersgate but fell the 40euro is too much, just login to www.gamersgate.co.uk instead and it will only cause the 20pounds almost half prize, found out today wish i knew this ealier.
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/04/10 07:37 PM

Thanks Becky,

This is one I have been waiting for.
I just odered it from Dave at interact cd.
I am sooo excited. happydance happydance happydance
Posted By: Rogi

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/05/10 10:48 AM

Zak, thanks for the tip! 40eur was simply ridiculous and I decided to wait till the price will drop.. but for 24eur it was an instant buy!
Posted By: Cocoa

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/06/10 07:12 AM

Hi All,

There is a GamersGate.com and a GamersGate.co.uk but neither ship to the US? I have tried to pre-order and on both sites they say they don't ship to my address. Does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/06/10 08:17 AM

Cocoa -- as far as I know, Gamersgate is a download site only. I could be wrong, of course!

It is possible that the game you are trying to buy is not available in the US yet, even for download.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/08/10 01:35 PM

Hi Becky,

Thanks for replying and I was writing about Lost Horizon. Some of the people responding in this thread are not from the UK and from what I was reading it appeared as if they ordered from Gamersgate. I would also like know why so many games are being released out of the UK. The english versions anyway. The people from the UK complain but we can't even get them to ship to the US. duh

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/08/10 02:09 PM

Complain? Us? Nevah!!;-) Well maybe about the fact that we always seem to have to pay through the nose compared to americans.

Not quite sure what "I would also like know why so many games are being released out of the UK" means.
Posted By: Carla

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/08/10 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: zak
If any others in europe been looking to buy this from gamersgate but fell the 40euro is too much, just login to www.gamersgate.co.uk instead and it will only cause the 20pounds almost half prize, found out today wish i knew this ealier.

play.com got it for £ 14.99 and ship everywhere in Europe for free smile

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/08/10 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Carla

play.com got it for £ 14.99 and ship everywhere in Europe for free smile

True but play.com is sending from jersey islands so there will be taxes and such, since its not part of EU.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/08/10 08:34 PM

Amazon UK and Play.Com are both offering the game for less than £15 + free delivery.

For us here in the UK that's a good price for a PC game !! thumbsup

I'm not sure as to whether Amazon UK deliver to Europe but Play.Com certainly do and with the same free delivery offer, as Carla has already said.

And yes !! We do very often have to pay more for our games here in the UK but it's always been the case, so if we've wanted to play the games, we've learned to live with it. No amount of complaining is going to change it - so why waste energy complaining ??

I often have to do without some other small luxury so I can buy a game but I'm happy to do it !!
That's what BAAGS is all about lol

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/09/10 02:44 AM

True but play.com is sending from jersey islands so there will be taxes and such, since its not part of EU.

I thought that it was the opposite - because they are sending from Jersey then there will be no tax. At least if the price is less than £18 you dont pay UK VAT. Not sure about mainland Europe though.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/09/10 02:48 AM

zak and mj2c.

If you go HERE you can see exactly where Play.Com deliver for free.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/09/10 10:44 AM

This is all well and good for people living in Europe ...probably should have said Europe and not just the UK in my earlier post. Seems they are developed there with distributors who don't get the US stores stocked and the ones "over there" refuse to ship here. I can understand a console game as they are different but not shipping pc games here (if we are willing to pay the shipping) I don't understand.
That being said does anyone know a store offering the game reasonably priced that will ship here?

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/09/10 11:15 AM

Interact has Lost Horizon for preorder for $29.95, due out 9/21.

I'm not sure if this answers your question -- but there is a law in the UK (apparently) barring sites like Amazon UK from selling and shipping PC games to the US. I don't know the reasoning behind it. I do know that I have no problems getting a book shipped to me from Amazon UK, but I can't get games shipped to me.

For games that are released in the UK without any news that they have found an American publisher, online stores like Interact have to import them, and that inevitably raises the price.

European publishers seem to be having a harder time finding US publishing partners. We are seeing strange stuff, like The Book of Unwritten Tales being announced as soon to be published by JoWood/The Adventure Company, then that's cancelled, then it's re-announced that they are publishing it! Sam & Max: Season Two Beyond Time and Space and Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island suddenly show up on shelves in US stores, with absolutely no fanfare.

There was a time, during the unfolding of the global economic crisis, when many of the gaming industry PR people I knew suddenly switched jobs, most leaving the industry. If the PR staffs are practically nonexistent, it's hard to get reliable news.

It's as if the industry in the US is in transition and nobody knows what it's heading toward.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/09/10 08:30 PM

"I'm not sure if this answers your question -- but there is a law in the UK (apparently) barring sites like Amazon UK from selling and shipping PC games to the US. I don't know the reasoning behind it. I do know that I have no problems getting a book shipped to me from Amazon UK, but I can't get games shipped to me."

We, here in the UK, can't buy games from Amazon in the USA, either, Becky, and it seems really silly to me that the Amazons sites in both our countries can't offer the same product and so solve the problem woozy

Sometimes even games that are available in the USA in general never become directly available here. And no doubt some games available here never become directly available in the USA ??
So unless people like Dave at Interact can supply them, trading sites or very careful perusal at Ebay are the only alternatives duh

Obviously a "download" version will be more widely accessible but lots of us players still much prefer a disk grin

But even when we CAN all get a game, there then quite often erupts a heated debate about the different prices we have to pay for it in different countries.
So will we ever be satisfied ???? rotfl

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/09/10 09:12 PM

If they allowed people outside the US to buy from the US Amazon then they would have to equalise the prices (and that's not gonna happen) because people in the UK would simply stop using the UK Amazon as the US one is cheaper.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/10/10 12:40 AM

That isn't what I'm asking.

I'm asking why both the Amazon sites can't just stock the same games - so that the same games are available in both countries.

Pricing is another matter entirely.
Tax laws [etc] are different in almost every country around the world, so even if the same product is being sold everywhere, the selling price is not likely to be the same.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/10/10 02:54 AM

Hi Becky,
Thank you so much for that indepth reply. I appreciate it.
I guess I will wait for the release to happen and then check with Amazon UK again. It appears that the (unsponsered) smaller game retailers on that site definitely ship here as I have purchased quite a few with no problem. I have an account there with my past purchases. Why Amazon limits the shipping with some of their retailers is quite unfair and especially if it appears they are the "official" game distributors.
I will also check Interact for the game as well, but with shipping and tax the game is right up there in the console game price range which is expensive for an adventure PC game.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/13/10 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
zak and mj2c.

If you go HERE you can see exactly where Play.Com deliver for free.

Yep free delivery but when taxes and whatever gets added its 70-100% more, but its tempting cause of the low prices but when it suddenly cost more than just buy at a normal store and this is for denmark.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/14/10 12:22 AM

Doe's anyone know if Lost Horizon has any copy protection on it, and what kind please ?

Cathy wave

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/14/10 12:33 AM

I downloaded it from gamersgate a few weeks ago and I had to enter a serial key.
Richard
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/14/10 01:04 AM

Since I won't be downloading it,I was wondering about the DVD version ?

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/14/10 08:38 AM

"Yep free delivery but when taxes and whatever gets added its 70-100% more, but its tempting cause of the low prices but when it suddenly cost more than just buy at a normal store and this is for denmark."

Who adds these "taxes and whatever" ??

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/14/10 08:59 AM

Postal service takes like 20euro fee to just check the package, then taxes from state/tax center its normal legal rules for shopping outside a EU country.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/14/10 09:19 AM

Ouch !!

The only times I ever had to pay such extras was when I received games (in trade) from Canada.

HM Revenue & Customs opened the parcels both times and then charged me £33 (both times) for games that were worth about £5 !!

I trade games all over the world but I no longer ask for games from Canada rolleyes

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/16/10 04:31 AM

Mad

I am guessing it is policy with Amazon rather than any law. I bought this game from game company uk. I just got an e-mail they mailed it yesterday. I pre ordered it on sale from them before Dave had it available for pre order. It was actually cheaper than what I could have gotten it for from Dave.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/16/10 12:32 PM

Hi oldmariner smile

Yes. GAME UK is a good site and one of the "not so many" who will ship overseas.

Electronics Boutique (UK) bought out GAME (UK) in 1999 - when both companies had lots of brick and mortar shops. In fact in my nearest town they had practically adjoining shops on the high street, which was terrific, because if one didn't have what I was after I could just go two doors down and get it from the other !!

Ahhhh ..... Happy days .... lol

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: mcc

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/16/10 10:50 PM

kjos, I don't see a way to download the game from gamersgate, could you post the link?

Will Interact bring it? I prefer boxed games.

Edit 6:53, I am sorry I found it in Interact, I don't know how I missed it earlier.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/16/10 10:54 PM

mcc,interact has it on preorder 9/17.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/16/10 11:42 PM

Tomorrow!! (Hope the date doesn't change. lol ) Can't wait! rah

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 07:27 PM

I see Gamersgate has it for download now.
Richard
Posted By: jadekitten

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 08:27 PM

I REALLY wanna play this as i loved the demo, richard how did you get it from gamersgate, it won't let me!

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 08:31 PM

i just copy and past lost horizon on the search at gamersgate. i guess you could type it there to.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 08:35 PM

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LH/lost-horizon

Release Dates: UK - 17/9/10 USA - 24/9/10

i guess you got it by accident somehow *whimper*

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 08:40 PM

my copy just shipped today from Dave at Interac

usually takes 6-8 days to Canada because it gets bogged down at customs - maybe I'll have it for next weekend

Janice

p.s. Richard - be prepared for lots of questions

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 08:43 PM

I sure know Janice. that's why I have all my saves on my pc. I just go back and replay them. kind of hard to remember everything I've done.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 08:46 PM

no input for me? i had my whole weekend planned for this frown

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 08:52 PM

Sorry i didn't see the UK at the bottom of the page.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 09:23 PM

i got it!! i think 19.95 eur is more than us, but i took the risk

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 09:25 PM

You got it great jadekitten. If you click on buy and and it wouldn't go through nothing lost. How much did you pay?
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 09:28 PM

according to the currency converter 19.95 GBP = 31.1629 USD which is sorta crummy but...

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 09:40 PM

On the website it just said 19.95. It doesn't say GBP unless it says after you click buy.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 09:41 PM

look at the sign, it isn't a dollar sign, it's a gbp sign

Items
Lost Horizon
£19,95
£3,99
Including VAT:
£19,95
Total:

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 09:53 PM

This is what mine says Lost Horizon
Rating: 4.3 (4 votes cast)Platform: PC
File size: 3 829.53 MB
Categories: Adventure
Publisher: Koch Media
DRM: Other DRM
Price: $19.95
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 09:58 PM

i wish mine said that, but it will NOT let me buy from the US site, or using a US IP address

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 10:01 PM

That sure is funny. it still is a great game. Worth every penny.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 10:04 PM

i hope so, i had to jump through so many hoops, it's still downloading

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 10:09 PM

Took me about 4 hrs. to download.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/17/10 10:14 PM

if any US people want help buying from the UK sure just let me know

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/18/10 12:42 AM

I just have ordered it from Interact, it should arrive soon rah taz .

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/18/10 02:31 AM

Great news, mcc! My copy just shipped from Interact, too! happydance

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/18/10 03:12 AM

Mine, too! Can't wait!

Gil.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/18/10 05:32 PM

Is it possible to import the saved games from the Demo to the game? The Demo is quite long and it would be worth.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/18/10 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: mcc
Is it possible to import the saved games from the Demo to the game? The Demo is quite long and it would be worth.

I did continue from my demo savegame without a problem with the gamersgate version atleast.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/18/10 06:19 PM

I did the same thing from Gamersgate also.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/19/10 03:15 AM

so did I

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/21/10 01:00 AM

I ordered the game from Dave at Interact. He got it on the 17th, I have it in my hand now, even before it's ready for download in the US, I believe! (Well, not actually in my hand. My typing is bad enough without that.)

I don't know whether to save it for my day off and savor the anticipation or dive in and play, but I do know the price difference is worth it just to have the game on disc. This is going to be a keeper.

Thank you so much, Dave, for the fast service!

Gil.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/21/10 01:09 AM

traveler, it's really a long game try not to use the walkthrough. Really a great game. I played it about 3 weeks ago without a wt and really enjoyed it. You really have to do a lot of searching. it took me about 4 days on and off. You can save anywhere.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/21/10 01:23 AM

I'll try, Richard, but I don't guarantee I won't be scrambling to find the walkthrough you're writing. You are writing one, aren't you? <g>

Seriously, I loved the demo and if that and your comments are anything to go by, it's bound to be a great game.

Gil.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/21/10 01:29 AM

I'm not writing a wt somebody else wrote one. Simon Tamas wrote one. Check the wt here on GB.
Richard

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/21/10 08:43 PM

I just finished the game. It arrived in the mail yesterday, and I started playing it. I finished it this afternoon when I got home from work. lol Of course, yesterday was my day off, so I had quite a bit of playing time then. This was a game I absolutely could not put down. grin

Oh, and I never needed a walkthrough for it. thumbsup

Excellent game. Definitely going on my list of recommended games when it comes up next year. bravo

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/21/10 09:02 PM

You convinced me, I just ordered from Interact. yay
Posted By: Teddo

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/21/10 11:21 PM

I'm playing and on chapter 4. I've had to use a w/t a few times, but it seems that I usually do.
The voices are excellent, the graphics superb, as well as the story. I can't remember when I've enjoyed a game this much for a long time. I think this is a Class A game!!! Teddo

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/22/10 12:44 AM

Great, Ana! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! yay

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/22/10 10:27 AM

Mine is on its way! Can't wait with all the positive comments this game is getting. I played the demo and enjoyed that so the full game should be great!

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/22/10 10:31 AM

Wow !!
Brilliant to hear all these positive comments bravo

I have the game waiting to be played - so definitely sounds like a treat in store happydance
Posted By: Don M

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/22/10 05:32 PM

Ya know, all this conversation is somewhat amusing but I would greatly appreciate an answer to a simple question. Where am I supposed to buy this game?

Posted By: MaG

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/22/10 05:35 PM

Interact has it. Click on the small banner at top of the page.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/23/10 04:11 PM

I is rare to find a game like this, beautiful, just beautiful game in every detail bravo.
Posted By: DanceWarrior

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/23/10 04:29 PM

I agree! I'm loving every minute of it.

Just one criticism so far: When you use an object in a scene, you see the character using it but his hands are empty, so you just kinda have to imagine it's there. ;D But aside from that, still a wonderfully entertaining game.
Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/25/10 12:32 AM

I just got the game on steam for $17.99

Party tonight WooHoo happydance

Dunn T McTawkin

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/26/10 04:59 AM

As noted above I bought mine from England before Dave had it listed. It only took four days to get it and I am on the left coast. Still have not played it, next on my list. But as Mad said they ship to the US. This one cost 22.94 pounds or $35.88 US Delivered.

For future reference these guys will ship to US

Game Co UK

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/26/10 11:31 AM

I changed the thread title to reflect the game's new availability.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/27/10 03:26 AM

I've just finished Lost Horizon and Richard was right, it is terrific! And yes, it can be done without a walkthrough, though without his encouragement I'm not sure I'd have kept plugging and done it. <g>
Click to reveal..
Not that I didn't think about it as I wandered around in the caves of Shambala for hours, wondering if I would ever find the pieces of the dragon amulet and save the world!
(Not sure if that's really a spoiler but just to be on the safe side....)

Anyway, I played the bonus game afterward, part of the opening of Lost Horizon as it was originally conceived, and it sure did bring home how much work went into making the finished product. Deep Silver did a great job, they have a real winner here and I wouldn't mind at all seeing more of Fenton Paddock!

Gil.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/27/10 01:46 PM

Traveler, I loved the bonus section. In fact, it made me a little sad we didn't get to play Kim more. Don't get me wrong, I love the game as it is. I enjoyed it more than the Secret Files games.

It's just that with those games, one thing that was fun about them were the sections where Nina and Max worked as a team. I would like to have seen more of that implemented in this game.

Even so, excellent game. And I'm looking forward to Secret Files 3. It seems their games just keep getting better. thumbsup

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/27/10 02:13 PM

Venus, it would be great to have a separate thread on the game in order to discuss what we liked, didn't like or thought could be improved about Lost Horizon but that will have to wait, I think, until we won't be tossing spoilers all over the place. <g>

Gil.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/27/10 03:28 PM

You're welcome to start a Lost Horizon Plot Discussion(Spoilers) thread any time you like. wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/27/10 03:30 PM

Played the Demo, loved it. Just ordered from Dave. rah
Posted By: jody319

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/27/10 04:06 PM

I loved it. Sat back during cut scenes, was in movie theater, then back to being actually in the movie! Very well done, very well scripted and great voices for script. Can't say enough, come back, Padlock, er Paddock!

Jody

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 09/27/10 10:37 PM

Traveler, would you like one of us to create separate thread? I'm fine with it if you are. smile
Posted By: GBC

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 10/02/10 12:06 PM

Just got an e-mail from Interact. Game is out of stock for now. I really hope Dave is able to get more. Wished I had ordered earlier.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 10/02/10 12:10 PM

Gai, it was out of stock last week when I ordered it but he was able to get in a few days.

Ana wave
Posted By: robedits

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 10/02/10 03:29 PM

I got the same message from Dave yesterday and was really dissapointed! After having just a dreadful,awful week personally (family-and work-wise);I was really looking forward to that email from Interact saying that the game had been shipped. Wish I had ordered it earlier,too. Haven't had an adventure game to occupy my time for weeks now :-)
Posted By: Interact

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 10/08/10 07:32 PM

This is back in stock now, FYI. Sorry to those who had to wait so long for it.

Re: Lost Horizon on GamersGate - 10/08/10 07:57 PM

It's worth the wait! I'm enjoying it immensely.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community