GB HOMEPAGE

Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion!

Posted By: davegilbert

Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion! - 09/17/10 02:43 PM

Hi Boomers!

As some of you might have heard, I'm in the midst of working on the fourth Blackwell game (called Blackwell Deception). I have made some choices the regarding the art style and I posted a screenshot on my forum the other day. The reaction to it has been mixed. I'm still early in production so it's reasonably easy to change, but I'd like to get more feedback from the fans before I make any hasty decisions. You boomers have always been great customers of mine so I'd value your opinion.

Anyway, you can check out the screenshots (and the discussion!) over here.

Thanks!

-Dave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion! - 09/17/10 02:56 PM

Thanks Dave! Hope you get lots of feedback.

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion! - 09/17/10 03:35 PM

I'm no "techie" Dave but I know what I like - and I like your new backgrounds thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: smulan

Re: Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion! - 09/18/10 03:21 PM

Hi Dave

I think you have to exhibit those screenshots in their full supposed screenresolution, (or have I missed something) otherwise it's difficult to form an opinion. Especially since the issue seems to be the disparity between the figures and the background resolution.

PS I've bought and played all your adventures from Shivah up to B.Convergence.

Edit.
I did miss something...
well I saved the images to desktop and opened up in a pictureedit-program (excuse my english). I think it actually looks good when simulating a framed gameplay but looks strange when simulating fullscreen. That goes for the highres backgrounds.

The lowres backgrounds just are bad anyhow you watch them.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion! - 09/18/10 11:16 PM

They seem fine to me smile wave luck
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion! - 09/19/10 02:15 AM

Yay! Another Blackwell game.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Blackwell fans - I'd love your opinion! - 09/20/10 06:15 PM

Hi Dave - Another Blackwell fan here.

I also found these games by accident - looking for a good game one day and the "stores" were empty - unless you like those shoot-em-ups :>(.

So I found a good download site and, well, - I played all the Blackwells !! and they were great. I would not like to see too much downgrading of the background res - especially if you need to look at something and have to say - "it don't look like a hammer !!" otherwise - I play adventure games for the puzzles - the story - and the general game play. So what if the lips don't exactly sync with the dialog!!
Your games are really quite good. The screen shots don't look that bad at that screen res. and I would purchase the next game in a heartbeat.

Just my opinion

Sureshot
© 2024 GameBoomers Community