GB HOMEPAGE

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/26/10 04:21 PM

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy for Next-Gen Platforms Now Available in North America

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO – October 26, 2010 – Today, Ubisoft announced that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Fatal Conspiracy is now available in North America for the Wii™ system from Nintendo, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and for the first time ever on the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system. CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is available for an MSRP of $29.99. The game is rated “M” for Mature audiences.

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy features five new connected cases written by the same writers from the television series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Team up with the cast of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ not only to solve some of the most gruesome crimes of Sin City, but also to take down a dangerous drug cartel. Unveil clues to bring a powerful drug lord to justice in the most strategic and unpredictable CSI game yet!

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy Game Features:

• Take down the queen – Partner with FBI agent Gene Huntby in five connected cases. Special Agent Huntby will help you and challenge you in a hunt for the Queen of the Hive, a formidable drug lord that may be behind a series of shocking murders.

• Unveil a conspiracy – Be prepared to work with your CSI partners, including the returning Sara Sidle, to solve murder cases and uncover the Fatal Conspiracy behind the crimes you investigate. You will question the integrity of even your own CSI teammates as suspicions arise of infiltration by the powerful criminal organization.

• Feel chills run down your spine – CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is an all new immersive experience thanks to intriguing cases written with CSI show writers, a fully updated rendering engine allowing for more realistic lighting effects, and enhanced character acting and lip sync with the voices of the main actors from the show.

• Perform the tasks of a CSI detective – You can dust for fingerprints, search for items related to the case and unveil hidden evidence using high-tech tools such as an Ultrasound device and a digital SLR camera. You can interview a variety of witnesses and suspects by utilizing an improved interrogation system for more realistic character interactions. Ask the right questions and use evidence collected at the crime scene to get the ultimate truth.

Ubisoft is again partnering with Telltale Games, marking the fourth collaboration between the companies on this hugely popular crime-solving video game series.

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is based on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, a top 10 show in North America averaging 16 million weekly prime time viewers. CSI is the WORLD’S #1 Interactive Crime Solving series with more than 4 million games sold worldwide.

For more information, please visit: www.ubi.com, www.csifatalconspiracy.com, www.csiunsolved.com.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/26/10 05:47 PM

Thanks Ana! wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/26/10 09:12 PM

As popular as the television shows are I bet this game should sell pretty well.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/26/10 10:05 PM

Thanks for the news Ana! happydance
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/27/10 12:53 AM

Thanks Ana can't wait to play smile
Posted By: GBC

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/27/10 12:15 PM

Thanks Ana, I played all the CSI and loved them. Time for another. rah
Posted By: mcc

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/27/10 05:48 PM

Amazon seems to be out of the PC version frown

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/27/10 07:23 PM

It is only available in download for PC.

Ana wave
Posted By: greatsmitty

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/27/10 07:29 PM

its a download for the pc from ubisoft store.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/28/10 02:01 PM

Thank you!

I may buy the PS3 version then, even when I prefer to play adventure games in the PC.

I'll think about it.
Posted By: kjos

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/28/10 03:41 PM

Gamersgate has it to same price.
richard
Posted By: looney

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/29/10 11:37 PM

Just in case anyone is wondering about whether they should buy the DVD or just go ahead and download this game, trust me, go ahead and download it.

I bought the DVD from a retail store, I installed it and when I tried to play it, it insisted on having the activation code - which in not supplied with the DVD.

I contacted customer service and had to supply a scan of the UPC code, the game disc itself and my receipt. There is no indication of this on the box so I was pretty surprised! And not in a good way!

I'm waiting for the reply from the customer service to get a code. Hopefully I'll be able to play it one of these days. Sheesh!

Sorry for the rant ... this just really irked me!

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 12:07 AM

looney, this game is not available on a disk unless you purchased an Xbox, Playstatio or Wii version. I had confirmed this with Ubisoft earlier. There will be no PC disk version. Where did you buy it?

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 12:11 AM

Hi Ana wave

I bought this from Best Buy. And it is a PC DVD. Looks just like a regular DVD game too.

Edit: Got my code - whew! Off to play now. grin

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 12:39 AM

WEll that just baffles me to no end because I was told just this morning by Ubisoft that they were not doing any PC retail games, download only.

Also Best Buy does not list it here.

I am completely stumped.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 01:34 AM

I'm surprised at all this too Ms Ana, I preordered it and then noticed later it wasn't on the listings anymore. Maybe they changed their minds and a few copies slipped thru the cracks?

I'm happy I got my code - whew!

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 02:02 AM

I emailed my contact at Ubisoft again. I am sure I won't know anything till Monday. Hopefully he can explain this. I see them on ebay also. duh

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 03:04 AM

I'm very curious about this whole thing too ... think

Maybe it's some kind of Halloween gremlins? :witch:
Posted By: Starcom

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 06:56 AM

Me thinks Ubisoft is having some kind of marketing problems. I bought the download from them when it first came out, paid using Paypal, downloaded the game right away (a good thing) and just a few minutes ago I get an Email from them? saying that my order was cancelled because they did not receive my payments, yet PP and my bank shows that the payment did indeed go through.
Now I have to find a contact place to verify this, I do not Trust the Email I received.

Can anyone here help on this, does anyone know of a proper place for a Ubisoft contact of this nature.

Time for bed....

TIA
Starcom

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 02:16 PM

Some of the transactions take 3 days to get the money there through PP. I forgot what it's called but I had it happen to me before. I had to change the type of payment I was using so it was instant.

I would go to Ubisoft.com and try their support forum as a way of getting through.

Ana luck

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 02:44 PM

I see Amazon.co.uk,has it for sale pc DVD.
Richard

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 02:51 PM

Maybe this is part of the conspiracy? laugh
Posted By: Bitty Kitty

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/30/10 03:15 PM

I preordered from Amazon.com and then they told me that they didn't have any in stock so I went and bought the game from Ubisoft and am playing it now. I wonder what is going on that they are having issues now?

Kem

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/31/10 04:18 AM

To: BrownEyedTigre
As per your advice, I checked with Ubisoft and to check with "findmyorder.com" and to log in there to see if my payment went through, and it did.
So I believe all is good and as you stated re: "Some of the transactions take 3 days to get the money there through PP. I forgot what it's called but I had it happen to me before", so that is reassuring and I will wait a couple of more days to see if I get another Email

Again, thanks for your quick reply.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/31/10 04:34 AM

Hopefully, you will be happily playing soon. rah

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/31/10 04:42 AM

Thanks, and when I finish a couple of other older games, then it will a Toss-Up between CSI and Lost Horizon as to which one of the 2 to play first.

Happy Halloween to you and all of the wonderfull people in this forum.

Take care
Ray

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/31/10 04:47 AM

Lost Horizon is an awesome game! You won't be disappointed.
Hope the treat and treaters leave your favorite candy for you. grin

Ana wave
Posted By: JennyP

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/31/10 08:18 AM

I'm stuck ! Hoping the walkthrough will appear today or tomorrow. Its a great game !
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/31/10 09:26 AM

Amazon UK has it for £12.99, mine is in the post.. happydance

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 10/31/10 02:39 PM

Jenny, the video walkthroughs are here.

This links to Case 1, the other cases can be found to the right.

Ana wave
Posted By: rmelone

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/01/10 07:08 PM

In our local Sunday newspaper there was a flyer from Best Buy advertising CSI: Fatal Conspiracy PC game for sale for $29.99.

I stopped by the store today and couldn't find it so I asked for help and the salesperson told me it was not available for the PC just the Wii, XBox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Then I showed him the flyer so he double checked his stock and coulnd't find the game.

Right now I don't know what to make of this and, as usual, Best Buy was no help.

I was wondering if anyone else saw the same Best Buy flyer?

Robert

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/01/10 07:34 PM

THere are not supposed to be any PC versions in the US. I am still waiting for an explanation on the discrepancies from Ubisoft.
Posted By: michele rose

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/01/10 08:25 PM

Yes, I saw that same ad in my local newspaper. In fact, I purchased the pc/dvd. And yep, you guessed right - no activation code! Contacted Ubisoft tech support. Awaiting their response. Will post with details when received.
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/02/10 08:31 AM

It's so very sad to see them treating PC gamers this way... cry
I've been a loyal CSI player since the first game was released, so now it feels like a slap in the face to exclusive PC gamers like myself.

I'm assuming this one is an Adventure game like the first 4 games, and not a causal game like.. -erm- was it CSI: New York?

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/02/10 09:47 AM

Moondancer -- Fatal Conspiracy is developed by Telltale Games, as was 3 Dimensions of Murder and Deadly Intent. So no, it isn't a casual game like CSI: NY which was developed by Legacy Games.
It's an adventure game.

I checked my local Best Buy and Fatal Conspiracy wasn't there.

The plot thickens!
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/02/10 11:11 AM

Ah, well, good news about the format of the game - thanks Becky.

Not such good news about the seeming unavailability of the game though. I have them all on disc so far, and would love to get this one on disc as well, since my connection isn't all that wonderful, and I prefer having my games on disc anyway.

Oh, well, I'll just sit tight for a bit and wait and see. smile

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/02/10 07:41 PM

Here's an update on my situation. I received a very prompt reply from Ubisoft tech support(1 business day) regarding the no activation code issue. I did, however, have to supply a picture of the UPC code, the disc and receipt as proof of purchase. Within 30 minutes a CD-key was issued. Viola! Had to go thru some hoops, but, I'm happy to be able to play!

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/02/10 07:56 PM

Michele Rose,

So you were able to buy the game at your local Best Buy store?

Robert

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/02/10 08:15 PM

Yes, Robert. I purchased the game last Wednesday. There were at least 5 copies on the shelf. It's beginning to sound as if I may have a rare pc dvd-rom that should have never made it to those shelves.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/03/10 06:14 PM

I went back to my local Best Buy today - 11/03 - and saw the same salesperson that I saw on Monday and he said before he left work yesterday he saw 3 or 4 copies of the game on a cart so that someone should have put them on shelves but there were none today so he thought they may have sold them because other people had been in asking about the game.

I guess, once in a while, I'll just stop by and see if they get any more in because right now I have quite a few games in the "queue" anyway.

Robert

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/04/10 12:39 AM

Just wondering if there is any WT for this game. thanks
Richard

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/04/10 01:06 AM

Richard, I posted this earlier in the thread. That is all I could find.

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Jenny, the video walkthroughs are here.

This links to Case 1, the other cases can be found to the right.

Ana wave

There are people helping in Hints though.

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/04/10 01:38 AM

Thanks Ana I saw that one but I thought there was a better one that I could type out.
found one at Gamesspot. Thanks
Richard

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/05/10 07:25 PM

Here's the scoop. The PC retail version was only made available to Best Buy. Unfortunately they were packed and shipped without a card that was needed to activate them and therefore they were pulled from sales except for a few that snuck through.

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/05/10 07:32 PM

See, I was right. It WAS a conspiracy. lol

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/05/10 07:47 PM

lol What a mess!

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/05/10 09:45 PM

Ana,

I stopped by my local Best Buy - again - today and talked to the same sales person I've spoken with before and he told me they had received one game (the other day it was three) and sold it but the person who bought it returned it because he/she couldn't get it to run.

The salesperson said the game was sent back (to wherever that is) because the game had a "fatal" error.

Is there anyway to know if the PC game will ever be available in stores?

It appears as if there were PC games, in a box, sent out to stores so there must have been some intent on selling them there.

I agree - what a mess.

Robert

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/05/10 09:52 PM

Robert, I posted this earlier today:

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Here's the scoop. The PC retail version was only made available to Best Buy. Unfortunately they were packed and shipped without a card that was needed to activate them and therefore they were pulled from sales except for a few that snuck through.

Ana wave

They are not to be made available to anyone but Best Buy in the US, but they are all pulled at this moment.

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/14/10 02:54 PM

Ana,

Guess what? I just got the flyer in our local Sunday paper for Best Buy and they are listing CSI: Fatal Conspiracy - again.

I can't make it there today but will check it out tomorrow.

Robert

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/14/10 03:19 PM

These should be the corrected version with cards in the box for your activation code.

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/16/10 09:02 PM

If anyone spots the corrected version at Best Buy, let me know! I was there today and they haven't restocked them yet. grin

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/17/10 08:40 PM

Becky,

I was in my local Best Buy today and there is no game but there is a notice stating the game will not be available due to circumstances beyond their control.

If this means they will never get the game, I don't know.

Luckily I was able to get the game from a GB member who has the game with the code - I just hope it works on my PC.

Robert

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/17/10 10:10 PM

Robert -- I hope it works too! I'm curious about the game. grin

While trying to figure out when my local Best Buy might restock, I found this.

Apparently the game is available on DVD (PC version) in the UK. Since it's in Europe, they might not have had the missing code problem.

Has anybody purchased the DVD in the UK? And was the code included?

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/17/10 10:20 PM

Yes, the boxes in the UK are fine, According to the publisher, the US copies are Best Buy only and they were all missing the codes and were pulled.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/17/10 10:51 PM

Since the copies that work are from U.K. can't Interact bring them? think

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/17/10 10:57 PM

Good to know they're okay in the UK. Thanks Ana! wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/17/10 11:19 PM

mcc, are you willing to pay that much for an import? It won't be 29.99 because he'll have to them imported.

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/18/10 04:13 PM

Ana,
I am sorry, I though Dave always imported the games, probably from the distributor, and I did not see any difference in this case. duh

I played the Demo in the PS3 and I found the movement with the arrows somehow awkward. I don't know if it is the same with the PC version.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/18/10 04:22 PM

mcc, I'm sorry, I was asking honestly, not mocking you in any way. The problem with importing is that they will cost him more and obviously some of that cost will be past on and then he won't sell as many because people will complain they are too expensive. If Best Buy is going to get them, it may be easier to wait. If a lot of people want it and are willing to pay a highter price, I'll send Dave a note asking if he can get a few. I hate doing that if no one will buy them.

The arrows are awkward in the PC version also.

Ana wave

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/18/10 04:35 PM

Honestly I don't think I would pay a lot more for that game. For what I saw in the Demo is a good game but not outstanding, I may be wrong though and all might've been due to the control in that particular version.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/18/10 04:54 PM

Thanks mcc, that is why I asked. Thanks for answering!

Ana wave
Posted By: stephen

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/28/10 03:43 PM

i just went to the ubisoft site and the download is greyed out out so how can you download it?

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/28/10 03:55 PM

Stephen -- you can download it via Gamers Gate.

That is really odd that you can no longer download it via Ubisoft. Must be some kind of glitch on the website.

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™ Fatal Conspiracy Now Available - 11/28/10 11:04 PM

Hi Stephen,
Maybe I am wrong, but if you go to the Ubisoft site and when you see the list of games, including the CSI one you are referring to, you will notice that All the games in the list, the download features are greyed out, but if you click on "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now" you will see that in the new Pop Up window that it states that the game is for Download.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Search.aspx?plTag=pc

New Screen when clicking on Buy Now:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.210169700

This is where I bought (downloaded) my game.

Good luck
Ray
© 2024 GameBoomers Community