GB HOMEPAGE

RHEM 4

Posted By: GarfieldOdi

RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 01:05 PM

I am looking for a web site in the US that has the RHEM 4 CD for purchase. I don't want to download a copy. Can anyone help?

GarfieldOdi
Posted By: Rushes

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 01:12 PM

Hi Garfield,

Click on the Interact button at the top of the page, it's currently in stock there.
Posted By: SuMac

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 01:25 PM

I ordered mine from Interact and got it in less than a week. Great service!

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 01:47 PM

Thank you for your help. Is that a US site? How much was the game? If it's out of the US, Pay Pal charges more.

GarfieldOdi
Posted By: Rushes

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 01:58 PM

Yes, it's a US site. All the info is available if you click on the button. The game is $19.95.

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 02:04 PM

Thank you for your help. I have the other 3 in the series and love them.

GarfieldOdi

I went to Interact and it says RHEM 4 is $29.95. Is there a code I need to get it for $19.95?

GarfieldOdi

I ordered RHEM 4 from interact for $19.95. It should be here any day now. Thanks to everyone for your help. I never thought to look at Best Buy but will keep that in mind next time I'm looking for a game.

GarfieldOdi

I got my game in the mail yesterday. What great service from Interact. I know I will order from them in the future.

MAG, thank you for telling me about the edit. I didn't know I could do that. It is much better.

GarfieldOdi
Posted By: MaG

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 02:51 PM

There are 3 Rhems available at Interact:

Rhem 3 for 19.95
Rhem 4 for 19.95
Rhem Trilogy for 29.95.

Enter Rhem 4 on the search feature to get only Rhem 4.

Also please use the text edit button to not stack postings. Thanks.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 06:57 PM

The website is confusing at the moment because it does show $29.95 for the Lace Mamba game (which is what I paid). Typing in Rhem 4 brings up a game by publisher WHA for $19.95.??

Maybe email Interact to confirm the pricing.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 07:09 PM

There is only one listing for Rhem 4 at Interact and it's 19.95. The Other one says trilogy and it's 24.95.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 07:15 PM

Thats funny....when I go to Interact it states that the Rhem Trilogy is only $24.95 duh
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 07:24 PM

You are quite right Greyfuss. Funny because I swear a minute ago it was 29.95. lol I fixed my post. THanks!
Posted By: Becky

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/28/10 08:20 PM

The first page that I can see at Interact shows the RHEM 4 box, and lists a price of $29.95 -- it appears to be for PC only and has Lace Mamba as publisher. But if I plug RHEM 4 into the Interact search engine, it brings up a price of $19.95 and that appears to be for PC and Mac and has WHA as publisher.

Re: RHEM 4 - 11/29/10 03:50 AM

Thank you Becky. That is what I see also. That's why I said it is a little confusing.
Posted By: Donald

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/01/10 01:29 AM

RHEM 4 is avaible at Bestbuy for $19.99 Seen it on the shelf at my local Bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rhem+4%3A+The+Golden+Fragments+-+Mac/Windows/1485373.p?id=1218261958907&skuId=1485373&st=RHEM 4&lp=1&cp=1
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/01/10 09:33 AM

Donald are you serious? I'll have to check it out at BestBuy! Thank you!
Posted By: smulan

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/01/10 02:05 PM

Strange packages for Rhem 4.
The european cover, though really nice, shows an altered scene from Rhem 2 as far as I can tell. The american cover, though from the actual game, is a horrible photoshopped mishmash.
I'm sure Knut Müller has nothing to do with these covers.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/01/10 04:15 PM

I haven't seen the cover for the US release but my Lace Mamba of Rhem 4 has an actual location from the game on the cover

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/01/10 05:09 PM

Really? Are you sure?
I,ve recently played both 4 and 2. From what part of 4 is it then? Just curious, not arguing. :-)

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/01/10 09:39 PM

Hi Smulan

That would be the center elevator tower in Rhem 4 where the tram goes around as seen HERE. The angle the the screenshot is taken from doesn't look from the game but the tower and walkways are recognizable. smile I remember this area so well because of all the back and forth I did here. Do you recognize this part?
Posted By: SuMac

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/01/10 11:55 PM

When I ordered my Rhem 4 it was $29.95. This was one game only, not the trilogy. I was kind of surprised it was so expensive, but I ordered it anyway.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 01:52 AM

The Rhem 4 that is 29.95 is the imported one from Lace Mamba.

The Rhem 4 that is 19.95 is the US released one from WHA (formerly Got Games).
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 08:47 AM

Thanks to Donald's post I purchased RHem4 at my local BestBuy. It wasn't on the shelf but I asked and the salesperson checked and found it in the stockroom!
So if you go to BestBuy and the game is not on the shelf have them check for you. I paid $19.99. Good Luck and Happy Gaming.
Again thank you Donald! thumbsup

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Hi Smulan

That would be the center elevator tower in Rhem 4 where the tram goes around

No, it's not (I have to insist :-) ). Look at the walkway's paving, the structure of the tower and the doors of the tower. I'd say it's a photoshopped mixture of two different towers in Rhem 2. Like I wrote earlier: It's a nice cover but it's not from Rhem 4.
(The american cover you can find at amazon US.)

Edit: There's also an (european only?) cover for the Mac version of Rhem 4 that, as far as I can tell, uses actual screenshots from Rhem 4 on the cover. From th egerman publisher RuneSoft. Maybe the best version and definitely the most true version.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 01:11 PM

Ah...now I see the problem. Here is an actual scan of my Rhem 4 cover art HERE Which is the tower in Rhem 4. Does your actual copy have something different?

Now HERE is just a picture from Lace Mamba's web site that shows exactly what you say, the cover is from Rhem 2. Are you saying that your actual copy looks like this as I believe that this was created at Lace Mamba before they made the final product. If you do have this one in your possession then you may want to hold on to it as it is a mistake and could be rare. I am curious if any other members have this mistake on their actual covers. Anyone have this?

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 01:17 PM

Here's the WHA (formerly Got Games) cover from Amazon - click here.

Here's the other Amazon cover marked from Lace Mamba - click here.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 01:23 PM

Now I see where the confusion comes from, You're absolutely right - but I've never seen that cover reproduced before. (My own Rhem 4 copy is downloaded from Gamersgate so I don't have the physical copy myself)

Here's the (european) Rhem 4 cover I was referring to (so maybe it's just a dummy for the advertisments?):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lace-Mamba-Globa...5697&sr=8-1

Here is the amercan R4 cover I was referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/Rhem-4-Pc/dp/B0030D0LE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291296093&sr=8-1

And finally, the EU Mac cover:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhem-Golden-Frag...6496&sr=1-2

This indeed was a Puzzle.

Edit: Thankyou Mag, posted before I saw your post.

Edit2: But I do have the physical copy of Rhem trilogy and that cover is the same as pictured here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lace-Mamba-Globa...7910&sr=8-1

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 02:49 PM

I don't hold much stock in Amazons Stock photos either as they are known to have artwork that never made to to printer however if the Amazon.com picture is real then I like it much better than the one I have. Curious that it also states its a hybrid whereas the Mambas release are separate Mac and Windows. Does anyone actually have a physical copy that looks like THIS? Is this the one at Best Buy?

There was some controversy about a year ago or so to what Rhem 4 was to be about. There were screenshots released that had new pics and pics from Rhem 1, 2 & 3. Rumors were that because of this that Rhem 4 would be a romp back through the old areas of Rhem in order to find the Golden Fragments. We now know that isn't true. This could be where mambas mix up came in generating a cover just to put out on the web after they signed on to do the publishing. Who knows, glad we solved this mystery although I must admit that I was hoping you were right and you had a rare canceled release that I would have had to have. wink

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 03:39 PM

The mystery deepens.

The picture of the missing *fake* Rhem2tower-cover in the URL from above, according to that same Amazon page, is a "customer Image" uploaded to amazon (by a customer).
So this edition does exist after all?

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 04:14 PM

Anyone can submit a picture on Amazon. Even pictures from web sites. I have posted many pictures at Amazon when the picture shown is wrong or when there is no picture. So just because you see it there doesn't make it so. The proof in the pudding is if somebody posts in a forum an actual scan or picture of a game case or box that they have. Pictures I submit to Amazon are normally of the actual big box when they have a generic, stock version shown.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 04:22 PM

Yes, you're right.
I realised ditto after hitting the submit-button.
The web is too fast a media for me.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/02/10 04:33 PM

rotfl

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/03/10 02:41 AM

Greyfuss,

The cover you (and I) have is PC CD-Rom; the other link you posted is PC DVD-Rom. Does that make any difference?

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/03/10 02:59 AM

Oldbroad

That link was from Smulan that found stock photos of covers for the games. I was curious as to the new US release that is apparently available at Best Buy now and if it looked the the stock photo in the link. If there is one like that I think it looks better than the one we have. What do you think?

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/03/10 07:11 PM

I just got back from Best Buy, and the cover of the game there looks like the one MaG linked to at Amazon -- this one.

When you open it up, though, the inside flap has artwork that looks somewhat like the tower and stairs artwork on the Mamba version.

It was quite difficult to locate the game at Best Buy because the title on the spine is almost exactly the same color as the background. Only the "4" was legibal from a step or so away. Good thing they alphabetize, or I'd never have found it.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/03/10 07:12 PM

Hi Becky

Thanks, I like the yours so much better. Is it also a hybrid DVD? Both Mac & PC versions? Are you sure it looks like that tower on the inside? That tower was from Rhem 2

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/03/10 07:14 PM

Oooops! I didn't check for that! burger

I mean, I didn't check to see if it was PC only or a hybrid.

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/03/10 07:21 PM

Memory jog...Could it have looked more like this HERE

Re: RHEM 4 - 12/03/10 08:06 PM

The inside flap had several layers of walkways -- the graphic covers the flap plus the inside cover -- the equivalent of two pages, so it doesn't look exactly like any of the box shots. I don't actually remember seeing the same layered walkways RHEM 4, but it's been a few weeks since I played and my memory is far from perfect of every structure in the game!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community