GB HOMEPAGE

Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released

Posted By: billy

Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 01:29 PM

Hello Everyone...

Thought I would stop by and let fellow GameBoomers know that, after 2 years of development, I have just released my newest game (and first thirdperson game) Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon

Quote:
SAN DIEGO, CA, May 20, 2011 - You receive a strange package with a booklet and mysterious disk! The return address on the package reveals it came from Antibes... where only a few days earlier your fiance was sent to write and investigate a story on a series of vampire-like murders that have plagued the dark streets and alleys of the tiny European town. Your journey follows the path of clues left behind by your missing girlfriend, where along the way you will have to solve an ancient mystery and the source of evil causing the local townsfolk to turn into a rare breed of savage night-thirsty murderers.

Your plane leaves tonight... Are you ready to once again uncover the secrets behind another chapter of the last half of darkness?

The latest installment to the "Last Half of Darkness" story, the new title offers a spine-tingling story of terror, mysterious puzzles and bizarre imagery. Summoned once again to a world of darkness and mystery, the player must explore a ghostly town of shadows and lore to solve the riddles of the darkness left behind.

Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon is developed by WRF Studios. Visit http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com to preview the trailer, download a small playable demo, view screen-shots, or read more information.

You are welcome to purchase the game at my website or view a few screenshots and download a playable demo... located here:

Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon

Hope everyone enjoys the game.
Thanks
Bill
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 01:41 PM

Hey Billy, that is great news! A wonderful addition to the LHOD series! Enjoy everyone!

Ana wave
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 01:50 PM

I am so excited to see this! I made sure that the demo installed and plays on my pc, and it did - looks wonderful!
I played Beyond the Spirit's Eye, but haven't played Tomb of Zojir yet. So I'm off to buy both games now! Thank you for the announcement!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 02:02 PM

Thanks, billy! I'm off to place my order. thumbsup
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 02:06 PM

WHOO HOO!! Have been waiting for this one. Love this series. Stories and gameplay just keep getting better with each game. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: dmtomchick

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 02:55 PM

Just ordered mine. Your games are always a treat to play, Billy, and I'm sure this one will be no exception! Can't wait to check it out!!

Dawn
Posted By: marie

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 03:49 PM

Ordered mine also, can wait to play it rah
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 05:24 PM

rah broccoli

I am VERY Happy yes
Posted By: kjos

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 05:28 PM

Ordered mine to.
Richard
Posted By: Mad

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 05:41 PM

And I'm just about to order mine !! yay

Thanks, Billy bravo
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 05:50 PM

Great series Billy !! praise

I'm ordering my copy too. thumbsup
Posted By: Carla

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 05:56 PM

Thanks Bill for the wonderful news! I love all your games and I won't miss this new one, I'm off to order it devilchili
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 06:21 PM

Drat taz I usually slow down a bit in spring/summer...... now I have to get this game and play it !!! rotfl

The series is great - Thank you Billy yay
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 06:49 PM

Ordered mine tooooooo!!!!! Wonder if there will be any 'bits' - coins, spiders etc.,

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 07:55 PM

No spiders this time. lol

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 10:35 PM

"No spiders this time." lol

That's okay, mine are still healthy. I'm sure they'll scuttle out to help me play Serpent Moon.

Gil.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 10:46 PM

Believe it or not I was originally going to include a novelty severed finger wrapped in bloody gauze with a ransom note for your "girlfriend"

...but I thought that might be too much!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/20/11 10:54 PM

rotfl Love it!

Ana wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/21/11 03:41 AM

Hi everybody,
As soon as I received Bill's newsletter, I went to his site and "closed the deal". I'm really
going to be looking out my window every morning
to see my merry mailman come up to my door with a
package in his hand. I had told Bill that I would have liked to be the first in line to buy the game
but I'm sure that one or more of you guys beat me to it already. LOL
Sandy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/21/11 03:48 AM

Billy,
I'm "in". I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my merry mailman carrying a package in his hand for me.
Sandy
Posted By: connie

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/21/11 10:36 AM

Thanks Billy, ordered mine too.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/21/11 12:41 PM

Add me to the list. I have all of Billy's others, so looking forward to this one.

Doreen
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/21/11 12:57 PM

"...but I thought that might be too much!"

Very glad you rethought that.
Just put in my order for the game too.

Thanks~
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/21/11 03:29 PM

Downloaded & started playing the demo last nite. All I had to do was walk around the first room & I knew this is going to be another great game from Billy. Time to order!!
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/21/11 08:54 PM

Thanks Billy,
Likewise I will be ordering that one too, now I will have to get some of my other games out of the way + I still haven't played Tomb of Zojir yet, but I am not complaining, I love your games so keep'M coming.

Ray
Posted By: GBC

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/22/11 10:31 AM

Thanks Billy, just ordered mine. Woo Hoo! Now to count the minutes till I actually have it my hands. happydance

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/22/11 12:39 PM

billy...Your too funny snicker
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/22/11 03:25 PM

Add me to the list of 'yes, ordered it too' ! Can't wait! Thanks for not abandoning us adventure gamers!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/22/11 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: billy
Believe it or not I was originally going to include a novelty severed finger wrapped in bloody gauze with a ransom note for your "girlfriend"

...but I thought that might be too much!

Wonderful !!!! evil evil evil
Posted By: Sassafras

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/23/11 06:00 PM

Doesn't seem near as creepy as the others because of the dreaded ( to me anyway smile ) third-person- but I'll give it a whirl! Thanks
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/23/11 06:36 PM

Woo hoo !! My copies just arrived in the mail! happydance

Since I got this game and the trilogy, I know what I'll be doing for quite a few days. smile

I was very pleasantly surprised with how quickly it arrived! Thank you very much! Excellent service! thumbsup

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/23/11 06:37 PM

The suspense and spooky atmosphere picks up as the game progresses. You will forget about the view the further you get into it.

Ana wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/23/11 07:48 PM

Can you believe it???? I have already received the game. Great service Billy, Thanks thumbsup
Posted By: kjos

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/23/11 07:55 PM

I just received mine today. can't wait to play it. Thanks Billy.
Richard
Posted By: linda333

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/23/11 11:48 PM

Does anyone know if Billy will offer a walkthrough for us adventure players you need help? He usually offers one once the game is released. Thanks.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/24/11 12:00 AM

Hi fellow Boomers,
I ordered the game on May 20, and received it today in the mail(May 23).I have installed the gqame and I have stated to play it. There were absolutely NO problems or glitches in the whole process. I just want you to know that Billy has outdone himself on this one. The audio and visual effects are the MOST awesome that I have ever experienced in ANY game I've played, and I've played MANY games.
For those of you who have played the DEMO,you will see and hear things in the FULL version that the demo version never had.For those of you who(like ME) who depend on a walkthrough, the DEMO WALKTHROUGH by Len Green will take you through the first few minutes of the game. I'm SURE,(HINT---HINT) that Billy will be coming out with the full walkthrough relatively soon.
BILLY, you have a WINNER here. CONGRATULATIONS!
Sanford (Sandy)

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/24/11 12:15 AM

My mailbox gathers so much junk mail that I only check it every few days but when I read this, I jumped up and ran for it. It's HERE! Thanks, Sandy!

Gil.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/24/11 12:36 AM

Glad people are the receiving the game quickly. (Good job U.S. postal service)

I must admit I didn't estimate the demand correctly for this one and have been keeping busy just trying to get games out.

So I haven't had any time to work on a walkthrough yet... but if you post in the HINTS&HELP section and I will try to swing by to provide a hint or two.

Thanks
Bill

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/24/11 01:08 AM

Hi, billy

I am expecting my game sometime this week...

Walk through??? Who needs a WT right now...I want to inspect this game with all my mine power lol

Love Ya billy.... hearts

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/24/11 01:44 AM

Billy, I am really glad to hear the demand is up. yay

Ana wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/26/11 02:48 PM

Hi, billy

Got your game this morning...I am so curious about the Booklet,and DVD that can be used in ways I never thought of.. grin

I Just am so Happy chocobunny

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/26/11 03:04 PM

It's a security device Darleen like Ankh had in the first game. It gives you the key to do a puzzle and if you illegally downloaded, you would not understand what to do.

Ana wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/27/11 03:12 AM

Thanks ,Ana

Unfortunately I can't get the game to load... frown

Billy has to send me a new DVD...So I will have to wait....

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/27/11 03:14 AM

I'm sorry Darleen. It's worth the wait.

Ana wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/27/11 07:10 PM

Finished the game a couple days ago...a terrific job. Game ran flawlessly, conundrums, tasks, puzzles were imaginative and fit with the progression of the story. The story was very interesting. I am curious since Billy made this a 3rd person game to do something different, if he enjoyed doing it this way. Even though I lean towards the 1st person perspective he did a fine job keeping me involved. One really doesn't need a walkthrough as everything is well planned & logical. My only drawback was the the game seemed on the shorter side. I didn't want it to end.

So Billy, did you enjoy making a game this way and will your next game be 1st or third person.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 12:14 AM

@Darleen - Sorry about that... your replacement DVD was sent today.

@GreyFuss - Glad you enjoyed the game - It sounds like you didn't even need a walkthough, huh? Good job! I am playing around with some new technology so I would like my next game to be real-time 3d - third person over the shoulder camera.

ALSO... I am not sure if this game is too hard or just right - I know some people might like a few more hints... so I created a new patch with EASY MODE (a built in hint system)

You can get it on my site here:

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/moon/society_walkthrough.htm

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 12:58 AM

THanks Billy, you are a star!

Ana wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 12:58 AM

@GreyFuss - Glad you enjoyed the game - It sounds like you didn't even need a walkthrough, huh? Good job! I am playing around with some new technology so I would like my next game to be real-time 3d - third person over the shoulder camera.

ALSO... I am not sure if this game is too hard or just right - I know some people might like a few more hints... so I created a new patch with EASY MODE (a built in hint system)

No walkthrough or hints were needed. I felt the game was very fair, good with clues and the mini games were fairly easy once you learned how to play. The game wasn't on the hard side, more like just right. LOL...I actually thought the game was on the easy side but would have rated the puzzles as medium.

You must be excited to get going on creating your next game in real time 3D with an over the shoulder camera. Sounds like a nice blend to a third person game with a camera that might feel more like a first person view. I just know it will be good because you have the passion and it comes out in your creations.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 02:52 AM

Hi smile

Will it be OK to use both patches for the game - the Crow Puzzle Speed patch and the Easy Mode Hints patch ??

And are they best applied before starting to play or would "already saved" games be unaffected ??

Questions, questions !!

[But then I'll be ready for when the game reaches me :D]

EDIT :

Or does one patch do both ?? blush

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 01:05 PM

Thanks, billy

Your the "Best" kissy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 01:37 PM

@Mad - It's just one patch that contains the two new features. You can install the patch after playing for a while first if you want. It won't affect save games. You can turn on/off easy mode at anytime in the MAIN MENU screen.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 03:32 PM

Wow !! How good is THAT ???? grin

Thank you so much, billy praise
[Can't wait for my game to arrive taz]

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 04:06 PM

Mine arrived this morning, Mad. Yours shouldn't be too far behind!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/28/11 08:47 PM

Thanks, Rushes !! Yahoo !! rah

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 03:03 PM

Hi, billy

I got the other DVD you sent me...Went to load it up..Same thing happened just will not load. frown

I put LHOD "Spirits Eye" in the DVD player it loaded up fine...

For some unknown reason to me my DVD player will not load Serpents moon..I even did a clean boot...Nothing...Don't worry about it..

Thanks so much for sending me the replacement DVD, but the first one I got apparently was nothing wrong with it..

Also when I put it in the DVD player on my cursor I can see a small silver CD like it wants to load, but just stops after 3 seconds...If you ever have a download for Serpents Moon let me know...I downloaded the demo ,and it played great for me on this computer...

Thanks, Again so much..

HUGS
Dar
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 04:31 PM

OOOH, only just seen this, the country box flashed up just as I was going to paypal - I am from the uK, too late to change it. Hope OK ... Paypal took my money.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 04:34 PM

Hello Darleen,

Please check your email...

But I guess your DVD drive doesn't seem to like my DVD's for some reason. I can try burning a copy on another brand of DVD -let me know what brand definitely works on your DVD Drive. (Also... I am sure its not but have to ask...LOL! It is a DVD drive, right? Not a CD rom drive, right?)
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 04:43 PM

Got my copy this morning, took a long time (25mins) to install. The DVD drive seemed to stop at various points with nothing happening, no green flashing lights, then it would start again and install a few items and then stop again. I just let it do it's thing and waited. The game plays great with no other problems. thumbsup
Perhaps Billy is right and the problems lie with certain DVD drives. think

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 05:44 PM

Hi, bill

I will look at my e:mail...My player is a DVDRW disc drive....

The LHOD Spirits Eye loads up just perfect..When I put disc one in the drive its loads up in one second...

I can send you back the second DVD you sent me if you like ..

I appreciate you trying to help me..

HUGS

PS where do I look on the Spirsts Eye disc to see what kind it is?

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 06:14 PM

Darleen

Have you tried the disks in another computer? That would tell if its the disk or the drive.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 06:25 PM

Greyfuss

I put it in my Laptop it loaded, but I don't have enough memory to run the game...Plus my laptop is not capable of playing games at all...I couldn't efford the one I wanted so i just got a cheap one in case my big one went out ,and I needed to access the internet..

I have Black Mirror 3 DVD, and it loads in seconds...

It has to be the DVD drive I have...It doesn't like Serpents Moon lol

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 06:30 PM

I have had some DVD players that were a bit finicky with the brand or whether the disks were DVD-R DVD+R DVD-RW etc maybe Billys offer of using a disk type and brand that you know works is the way to go. I know how much you love Billys games and it would be a shame if you couldn't enjoy this one.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 06:49 PM

Thanks, Greyfuss....

You are absolutely right...I anticipated getting this game real bad...

My Player is a PBDSDVD+RWDH-16W1S
DVD/CD-R

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 07:02 PM

Somehow, someway... we will get this working for you LOL!

I will try burning a dvd-r and dvd+r and send to you.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 07:06 PM

Oh billy

You are wonderful, but I must insist on paying you for the postage of the second game you sent ,and for the new one...

If all else fails...Don't worry about it no more...I will keep the game...Not a problem...

If down the road I have to get a new computer..Maybe it will work ok on that one...

Love You ,Bunches
Dar

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 05/31/11 07:16 PM

Hi smile
Just want to put on record that my game arrived today, installed without any hassle and plays perfectly bravo

And I LOVE that it's 3rd person mode thumbsup

Thank you, Billy, for what looks like yet another fantastic adventure rah

Cheers.

Mad happydance
Posted By: seagul

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/02/11 06:33 AM

I was away a few days and the first thing i did coming home yesterday night was to check my letter box: It arrived! So happy to have be few days off duty now. chocobunny chocobunny chocobunny
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/02/11 06:02 PM

laugh I have seven new games that won't or so far haven't run on my weary old computer. What a joy to load Billy's new game and have it run perfectly. Later I downloaded that 'hint' section and it too functioned without flaw. Thank you for a smooth and seriously eerie, creepy, game. smile

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/02/11 09:40 PM

Hi, all

I just wanted to keep you up to date as to what has been going on....I found a friend who made a copy, and then burn the game to a Max ell DVD disc....The original, and the copy played perfect on his computer....I was so Happy...I got home put the copy into my computer, and nothing frown It did the same thing just nothing ,but a green light, and the DVD player shows no game in the the <D> drive...So billy is sending me another copy on a different DVD...If that fails which I think it might...I will try what he suggested to use a Flash drive..

Apparently I am the only one having this problem..
Please keep your fingers crossed for me...

Thanks

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 12:40 AM

Darleen

By any chance have you cleaned your optical drive?

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 12:44 AM

Greyfuss..

How do you do that duh

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 12:49 AM

The same way as cleaning a CD player or your DVD player for your TV. They are inexpensive kits that has a disk with some tiny brushes on it, some have you place a drop of supplied cleaning solution on them. You place the cleaning disk in the drive and it cleans the optical lens. You can by the kits just about anywhere they sell disks i.e. Walmart, Target

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 12:55 AM

Oh ,Thanks Greyfuss

I will go get it tomorrow....I will try anything at this point....

Plus it can't hurt to clean it anyway...

Thanks

One thing I want to add....Tomb of Zojir loads perfect..All other DVD games Loads Great...Its just this game...I am going Bonkers woozy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 06:01 AM

I love this game. I haven't even finished it yet but if it keeps on the way it's going, Serpent Moon is going to be on my list of the best games of 2011. So, some of the character models aren't the best and our hero's movement could be better, the game is engrossing, it gives my grey cells a workout, the atmosphere and backgrounds are fantastic and it's fun to play, which to me is what adventure gaming is all about.

Way to go, Bill! I'm having a blast!

Gil.
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 11:28 AM

I am having a great time playing this game too.

I hate loud music in the stores so when I went into the tattoo parlor and found I could shut off the music - Whoo hoo, oh that felt so good.
Since I get really involved in the stories, I turned it on again when leaving, wouldn't want the poor woman to have to work in silence.
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 02:55 PM

Will Serpent Moon and Tomb of Zojir play on Win 7?

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 03:01 PM

I played Serpent on Win7 not sure about the Tomb of Zojir.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 03:15 PM

Thanks BET. Good to know. I can always play ToZ on an older computer if it doesn't like Win 7 I 'spose.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/03/11 10:28 PM

Tomb of Zojir plays fine on Win7.

Gil.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/04/11 06:38 PM

Thanks Gil smile
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/05/11 12:41 AM

Thanks Billy thumbsup,

It looks like another great one rah.

I will be ordering this one for sure later this week happydance.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/05/11 02:20 AM

Ok ....I got the new DVD today..With no luck at all...Apprently it is my computer that is the problem....

I am getting the flash drive next week, and will try that...

I want to Thank, billy...for all his help...Above ,and beyond...He sent the game on a Sony DVD+R...BUT my computer states that the DVD is empty...When I put it on the Laptop it shows the game files...

Its certainly not the DVD game, but my computer..

Thank You ,billy ...You have been a Sweetheart...Lov Ya
Posted By: GBC

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/07/11 02:42 PM

Just finished the game. I thought it was fabulous and the best game I played so far this year. It kept me thinking. Loved it! No glitches and no problems with puzzles. Thanks Billy! Looking forward to the next. rah

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/07/11 05:56 PM

It worked I used my sisters voyager flash drive copied from my laptop, and pasted to program files on the desktop....

I am Now Playing the game broccoli rah

WooHOO , Love It

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/07/11 06:05 PM

That is great! Enjoy Darleen. yay
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/07/11 06:59 PM

puppy bravo yahoooooooooo! Finally, Billy is sure a doll for going those extra steps for you... glad you finally got it going...

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/07/11 08:01 PM

Thanks, Ana ,and Winfrey

I just want to say how much I am enjoying this game....It is just so wonderful...

Scary, Creepy, Scary....

Its such a well made game...billy, you did a Classic again...The interface is Fantastic !!!!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/07/11 08:39 PM

Persistence wins in the end. grin Congrats, Dar.
Posted By: Billy the Kid 64

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/10/11 04:37 PM

can anybody tell me if there has been a walkthrough on this game and if so where can I find it. Thanks Bill

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/10/11 04:46 PM

You can download the walkthrough addition for you game here:

You can get it on my site here:

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/moon/society_walkthrough.htm

Ana wave
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/10/11 07:31 PM

I recently got rid of my old copies of the first three "Last Half of Darkness" games. Then I bought "Society of the Serpent Moon." I liked it so much I had to buy all the others again. I ordeded them from WRF Studios on Wednesday and they arrived on Friday. This and a few other past experiences compel me to restate that no company, anywhere ,at any time, has customer service as good as, or as quick as, WRF Studios. Thank You, Thank You all. These people are GOOD!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/10/11 09:50 PM

"Thank You, Thank You all. These people are GOOD!"

People or person ??
Whatever .... I second that !! bravo bravo bravo

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/11/11 01:24 AM

Billy... At WRF studios is the Best..... He is the owner, and the writer,developer of all his games...

Just a Great Guy, who Makes Great Games..

Love Him, and all His games.... thumbsup
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/16/11 05:45 PM

Darleen03, you are not the only one to have a problem with the DVD not recognising the disc cry

Hi Billy, if you're looking, I just got a brand new computer this week (actually a replacement for one that I bought in February that went kaput!), I've loaded up a few games okay & it has a TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-5223C disc drive. I appreciate that every now & again something won't work but planning to persist over the weekend! If I have no joy is it okay to send you back just the disc & blank disc which will work or would you like me to send the whole box? - I'm quite happy to cover the postage as I want you to make enough money to keep making games!

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/17/11 03:25 PM

@chrissie - no need to send any additional funds... just send me an email with your info and I will send out a replacment DVD. Thanks.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/17/11 05:15 PM

Thank you so much Billy, that's wonderful! but I will send you back the disc I have. smile

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/17/11 05:28 PM

chrissie ,Hi

Its unfortunate that you are having the same problem, but ...billy, sent me two replacement DVD's, and they still were not recognized by my DVD player...All other DVD games loaded ok...

You might have to do what I did...Use a flash drive to load it on your desktop...You will need a laptop or a computer that the DVD drive can read the game to copy to flash drive..That was the only thing that worked for me.. luck Hope you get to play this "Wonderful" game..

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/17/11 07:17 PM

Thank you Darleen, I'm hoping that just a different make of DVD will work as the PC is so new but I've been following your problems - sorry that you've had them & glad that you were able to find a solution! thumbsup I will most definitely post back when Billy has sent me a new disc & if that doesn't work try your suggestion. Im really looking forward to playing it! smile

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/17/11 09:37 PM

I just finished this "Magnificent Game"

I really had so much enjoyment out of playing...Really scary...I jump a few times off the desk chair...

Looking forward to the next Chapter in the LHOD series.. grin
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/19/11 02:41 PM

Finished the game in a lot less time than I'd anticipated. I did seek out a little help on 2 or 3 occasions. But, all in all, I didn't find this game to be as good as the previous ones. Maybe I've been spoiled by the high quality IHOG's that BFG has had to offer over the past year or so. That being said, glad that Fisher decided to continue the series. Have to admire the guy for his hard work and personal touch.

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/19/11 03:12 PM

Oh Sparkle! I'm sorry you didn't seem to enjoy the game so much - I thought it was a good length & thought it topped the three previous games which were all excellent. I loved the 3rd person perspective. I thought it had everything you needed - it had a slight hint of the old Dracula games: The Last Sanctuary &
Resurrection but with much better graphics. The movement of the characters was on a par with more commercial AGs, the voice acting was wonderful, the story was very well thought out and the gameplay almost perfectly structured - I LOVED IT!
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/20/11 07:19 AM

Finished it yesterday. What a great game! I think it's the best I've played all year. Thanks to the creators, and let's hope in the future there's another 10 or so LHOD games to come!
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/20/11 03:21 PM

Hi everyone. I'm eager to hear about Serpent Moon as I played the demo several months back and really enjoyed it!

Also, Mr. Fisher, I wanted to say that I LOVE your idea of a severed finger in the box---lol! Talk about bringing the player into the story! smile

Take care everyone,
Tracy

Re: Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon Released - 06/20/11 03:40 PM

There are lots of comments on this thread that should help you decide if you want to buy. It's a wonderful game and a great addition to the LHOD series.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community