GB HOMEPAGE

Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free

Posted By: RNL

Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/03/11 09:30 AM

For those of you who have played Portal 2:

Valve Software announced that the first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free and rolled out on October 4, 2011 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Mac. Called Portal 2: Peer Review, the content will be automatically downloaded via Steam on PC and Mac -- console owners will need to manually download the add-on via their respective networks.
In "Peer Review," gamers and their friends will continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as they puzzle their way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS. The DLC also features a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and leaderboards to compare Challenge Mode scores with friends and the Portal community.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/03/11 10:42 AM

Hi RNL -- thanks for the information!

When flotsam reviewed Portal 2 he said that brains and planning, not brawn, is the essence of the gameplay.

Just curious -- after playing it, do you consider it to be an adventure game or more a Darkside game?
Posted By: RNL

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/04/11 01:21 PM

An interesting question for sure. One that I asked in a more roundabout way back in February and there were varied viewpoints then as well.

In my opinion the game was not designed to fit neatly into a particular genre and there lies the difficulty in giving a clear definitive answer.

I would say that the original Portal would reside in the Darkside realm as it was more action based, but Portal 2 is a different game and flotsam did an excellent job in capturing that in his review.

To answer your question on if the game was an adventure game or more of a Darkside game, while clearly Portal 2 has much more of an adventure game feel, I think I would consider the body of work of both games and put them in the Darkside category only because the Darkside seems to be more open to different styles of play and thus perhaps an easier fit than to the more purist adventure side.

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/04/11 03:30 PM

Thanks for your thoughtful response! Something to ponder. grin
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/04/11 03:57 PM

Does anyone know of a playable Demo on PC for Portal 2?

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/04/11 05:12 PM

There's lots of Portal 2 stuff here on Steam. You can also see a video walkthrough here on youtube.

Hmm. The game's price has dropped to $14.99 on Steam.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/05/11 12:58 PM

Thanks Becky

It appears that there is no playable Demo. As the old saying goes "It doesn't matter what the pudding looks like...the proof is in the eating"...........or something like that. smile

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/05/11 04:09 PM

I feel your pain! grin
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/06/11 09:15 AM

Looks interesting!
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/06/11 11:53 PM

Thanks for that info - I will look forward to this a great deal!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/07/11 12:03 AM

If you check the YouTube playthroughs, you can get an idea of whether or not motion sickness will be a problem. It's not for those of the faint of stomach.
Posted By: manxman

Re: Valve's first DLC pack for Portal 2 will be free - 10/07/11 12:18 AM

Thanks for the info. Love this game bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community