GB HOMEPAGE

Game Tap membership

Posted By: fildil

Game Tap membership - 10/13/11 10:26 AM

Just a quick question: does anyone here at GBs belong to Game Tap? I looked it over and it looked interesting. Thanks
Posted By: Becky

Re: Game Tap membership - 10/13/11 11:46 AM

Hi fildil -- many of us were GameTap members during Myst Online: Uru Live, but GameTap cancelled that and I eventually dropped my membership.

GameTap started out being quite interested in bringing back older adventures (and even publishing new ones, like the Sam & Max episodes), but apparently decided they weren't making enough money with the "family friendly" focus, so they began emphasizing action games.

If you don't already own a lot of the games they have, it can be a lot of gaming for your money! However, my experience was that they didn't spend enough time getting all the older games to run properly. Zork Grand Inquisitor, for instance, had panning that was so fast the game was pretty much unplayable (GOG fixed that problem when they released it recently, so GameTap, if they had paid attention, could have too).
Posted By: fildil

Re: Game Tap membership - 10/14/11 07:18 PM

Thanks Becky, I was just looking through their catalog of games and I'm really not interested in old games since I belong to GOG, but I don't know if $10 a month is worth it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community