GB HOMEPAGE

Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:28 PM

October 29th: The Phoenix Online Party! HUGE announcement coming! With Special Guest Jane Jensen! Q&A with the team! Raffles! And much more!

Quote:
To celebrate the upcoming release–and to reveal some HUGE news–we’re having a live pre-release chat party next weekend! As The Silver Lining builds to its dramatic climax and the Phoenix Online team turns our attention to the future, we wanted to put together something extra special for the fans who have supported us during this long, exciting journey.

So mark your calendars for October 29th at 2:00 PM Eastern. You’ll see the Episode 4 trailer, hear new details about the episode (including the exact date of the early November release date–it’s so close we can taste it!), and be one of the very first people to hear about the commercial game we’ll be announcing on Halloween! That’s right, we’ll be spilling the beans to you–the fans–at the party, before we send out the press release!

Even better: Jane Jensen herself will be there!

We’ll also have special guests Fable Foundry to talk about The Art of Sierra and some other great new projects, and Romano Moleenar, comic artist with prominent work on X-Men, Tomb Raider, and The Darkness–find out at the party how he’s involved with us!

We hope you’ll set aside some time for this once-in-a-lifetime event and join us at the Pre-Release Party, October 29th, 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00 PM EDT/ 8:00 PM GMT/ 9:00 CET on Ustream.

Find out what time the party is where you are Here.

See you all there!
Ana rah
Posted By: Mad

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:31 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! Will try and make it broccoli
Posted By: Chief

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:38 PM

Thanks for the info Ana. thumbsup

And now we know more about the release date. fall

Chief wave

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:38 PM

Does the link work for you Mad? I get a Forbidden Time Zone. sad

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:42 PM

Ana, I get the same thing as you.

Chief
Posted By: venus

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:48 PM

I am also getting the Forbidden Time Zone error. sad

But this link from their website works for me - http://www.postudios.com/ustream.html. Is it the same thing? think
Posted By: KatieHal

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:58 PM

Hi everyone! Can't wait to see you at the party!

And yes, the link in the original blog post was busted--venus has posted the correct one, and I've fixed it on our blog now. Thanks for finding that!!

Oh, and another typo that I fixed, Romano Molenaar is the name of our other special guest. (His last name was spelled wrong before)

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 02:58 PM

Links are fixed now and all is set. grin

Ana wave

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 03:24 PM

Thanks, Katie and Ana!! Looking forward to it!! I'll definitely be staying home this Saturday! yay grin
Posted By: Becky

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 04:38 PM

Intriguing news about a new commmercial game they'll be releasing! thumbsup
Posted By: Mad

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 05:35 PM

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, BrownEyedTigre, but yes, the link seems fine yes

Of course, seeing as how it's been "fixed" it WILL !!!! lol

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 05:41 PM

lol THanks Mad!

Ana wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/24/11 09:22 PM

thanks Ana happydance
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/25/11 08:44 AM

bravo Can't Wait Ana! Thanks! bravo
Posted By: JackVanian

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/27/11 10:16 AM

I'm sure that it will be a great event... Jane Jensen - yay! smile

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 01:00 PM

Hi everyone! Popping back in to say the chat's today at 2 PM Eastern--we're incredibly excited, and I hope we see you there!

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 02:13 PM

Will be there. yay

Good luck. luck

Chief wave
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 05:05 PM

I'm in laugh - called myself wowdane

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 06:59 PM

Well, it appears I'm going to miss the party. Everyone's chatting about it, but my stubborn computer keeps telling me it's "Off Air." Can't see or hear anything. cry cry cry

Okay, it's fixed for me now. Looks like other people were having problems, too. bravo

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 08:47 PM

The game will come out on Sunday the 6th of November.

Chief wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 08:50 PM

Well I found the commercial game info on the Phoenix Online web site and made a small donation to it at kickstarter.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 08:58 PM

I donated too smile
And I'm getting Chocolate Chip Cookies, YAY! laugh

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 09:50 PM

and HERE is the Trailer for Episode 4.

So, one week to wait and play the game. rah

Chief wave

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 09:58 PM

Looks like the best one yet! yay

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 10:03 PM

Thanks Chief! I hope you liked the party. grin

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 10:18 PM

I've only played the first chapter.

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 10:25 PM

I did, but a long afternoon. We got two of your question answered, one by Jane Jensen and the other one by the staff of Phoenix Online.

That last part was good because many of them talked about the time they spent with the Phoenix team.

And we got the info on November 6th when the game comes out. bravo

Chief wave

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 10:49 PM

Chief, I heard your question answered. Which was the other Gameboomers question?

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 11:03 PM

Venus, the second one (late in the afternoon) was about the implication of the volunteer staff, but they did not mention it was posted by Chief as they did for the first one for Jane Jensen.

The answer was that many over the years left but all gave their best.

Chief wave

EDIT: a proper avatar for the game. Nice.

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 11:21 PM

Yes, I heard that question and answer. That's great that a couple of Gameboomers questions made it. thumbsup

Thanks, I figured it was the appropriate time to update my avatar. grin

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/29/11 11:56 PM

That's great that the questions were answered. Exciting stuff! broccoli

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/30/11 01:01 PM

Thanks everyone for coming! And for sending in some great questions. smile

And thanks for donating to the kickstarter campaign! It's doing well already, and we're so excited about both that and Episode 4 coming up next week! Some fun links for everyone:

The Cognition Trailer

Episode 4 Trailer!

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/30/11 02:40 PM

Katie, thanks for the link to The Cognition Trailer.

It was great to hear two of Becky's questions being answered.

And I will add the link to your Topic at the Silver Lining on the recording made yesterday of the conversion with your guests.

RECORDING

Not all the recordings are up for now but they will be. fall

Chief wave

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/30/11 04:12 PM

Thanks for the links and the recording. It's always fun to hear what Jane Jensen has to say! broccoli
Posted By: oldman

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/30/11 06:20 PM

I was on line waiting for the start of it when I got called away and didn't get back in time.

(Grumble grumble bad thoughts!) mad cry

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/31/11 02:13 PM

Thanks Chief!

Some more details on the news on the party...

Our big news items were two-fold:

1) Episode 4 will be coming out on Nov. 6th!

2) We also announced our first commercial game! A supernatural adventure game called Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, we are working with Khaeon Gamestudio and Jane Jensen herself on this one! Erica Reed is a Boston FBI Agent on the hunt for a killer who seems to know about her secret supernatural ability.

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/31/11 02:37 PM

KatieHal, please see your PM's.

Ana wave

Re: Phoenix Online is Having a Party Oct 29th and You’re All Invited! - 10/31/11 02:46 PM

I can't afford a cookie donation, I'm in the market for a car, current one's on it last legs (or should that be wheels) and I don't know yet if this computer which I bought with advice from boomers for adventure games is enough for MMORPG Guild Wars 2 (didn't realize at the time that I would get into MMORPGs), but I donated what I could. First in my category but last time I checked there were several others.

© 2024 GameBoomers Community