GB HOMEPAGE

Myst

Posted By: PATSY

Myst - 11/12/11 04:00 AM

Is it safe for me to download Myst from Gamespot. someone borrowed mine a few years back and didn't return it. I got a new laptop and bigger screen and dying to play it.It's only 5.99
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Myst - 11/12/11 04:34 AM

I'm just responding to let you know people are reading your post. Unfortunately, I don't have any information pro or con about your question.

What specifically bothers you about downloading from Gamespot? Have you read their privacy statement, and/or end user agreement? A lot of time reading these help determine whether or not you're comfortable downloading from a site. In this case, Gamespot.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Myst - 11/12/11 04:44 AM

Sorry, my browser got hijacked checking out the privacy policy at Gamestop and I am cleaning up my computer now. I will not be heading back there to check. sad
Posted By: ssgamer

Re: Myst - 11/12/11 04:52 AM

Hi,
I was able to get Myst from GOG, I have gotten many games from them without any problems. I think others from Gameboomers have done busines there so, I think they are safe. They have a lot of the older games. They play on the newers computers also. I buy from them iven if I have the disks as I don't have to put disks in the drive.
Charllotte
Posted By: traveler

Re: Myst - 11/12/11 06:07 AM

Myst: Masterpiece Edition is only $5.99 at GOG, Patsy. And there's no DRM so you can burn it to disk if you want to.

Gil.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Myst - 11/12/11 09:03 AM

Hi Patsy -- did you mean Gamespot or Gamestop? grin

I've also had a good experience with GOG and would recommend them.

I recently bought the Cyan package from Steam and have been playing Myst Masterpiece Edition on my Win 7 64-bit computer in Compatibility Mode. The game plays okay -- the "flyover" videos while linking are apparently disabled, though, and it does crash every time I exit the game.

You may not experience these problems on your laptop, but I thought I'd give a word of warning. wave
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Myst - 11/13/11 01:13 AM

Thanks all of you nice people. I did get it from gog. I trust gameboomers more than those statements. Thanks again
Posted By: barbarosso

Re: Myst - 11/21/11 11:18 AM

I´ve found GOG perfectly good and safe. I can copy the game to another hard disc or a DVD as necessary.

RealMyst is also available and that has a new albeit brief age.

Cheers, barbarosso
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: Myst - 11/21/11 01:32 PM

After I bought Real Myst I found it wouldn't run on my XP machine. Already had Myst and was curious to see what it looked like with improved graphics. Still wondering.
Posted By: smulan

Re: Myst - 11/21/11 03:10 PM

There should be no problems running RealMyst on windows XP.

Re: Myst - 11/21/11 04:39 PM

If you're having trouble running Real Myst on XP, sarahandus, have you checked the forums? Click on the game on your shelf and then on Game Info. Then click on Forums (not Support) and go down the list of topics to see if anyone else has had your problem. A lot of times someone has come up with a solution which will be highlighted in green. Looks green to me, anyway.

Gil.

Re: Myst - 11/22/11 09:35 AM

Oh yes, I checked with the forum and there were others having the same problem. I tried all the suggested solutions and none worked for me.

Re: Myst - 11/22/11 02:55 PM

Try posting in Glitches then, sarahandus. See if the experts can help.

Gil.

Re: Myst - 11/24/11 12:11 PM

I deleted the game in frustration a long time ago and am not that interested in downloading it again. Much rather play the original version that I already own and have played several times, though I really like Myst Exile better.

Thanks~
© 2024 GameBoomers Community