GB HOMEPAGE

Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel

Posted By: JeanK

Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/01/11 02:34 AM

Can someone please give me links to where I can purchase these?

I can't find Unwritten Tales and Interact, and I have no idea what "Steams" website is.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/01/11 02:45 AM

Dead Mountaineer's Hotel

Lace Mamba Book of Unwritten Tales
Book of Unwritten Tales

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/01/11 02:49 AM

Thanks, Mag! I'm going to bookmark those sites.

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/01/11 02:50 AM

Interact will have The Book of Unwritten Tales also. I believe they ran out. lol
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/01/11 02:55 AM

I think they ran out at Interact too. I have mine on order but it's not ready yet. They should be getting it in though.

Ana wave

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/01/11 11:27 AM

They have Book on Amazon for $28.47. With $3 shipping it's $31.47. So I just ordered from them. With the currency conversion right now, if I ordered from Lace Mamba it would be about $39. Only problem is I won't get it till after Christmas. Sigh. But that will be my Christmas present, a little late.
Posted By: monbron

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/01/11 11:50 AM

Its definitely worth waiting for I really enjoyed it, one of the best this year. rah rah
Posted By: Kunibert_KA

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 06:07 PM

You can download the game at our homepage.

The Book of Unwritten Tales discount!

Today we started a special offer on www.unwritten-tales.com: From today till December 24th the price of the game has been lowered by 20% ($23,99, 19,99€, 15,99£).

IN ADDITION every buyer receives a gift-coupon of 20% discount to give away to a friend. If you want to give someone a treat, you can make them a present with the coupon. The coupon discount is added to the already discounted sale price!

So if you are looking for a high rated and very long adventure for the holidays please visit: www.unwritten-tales.com

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 06:10 PM

welcome Kunibert.

I have not played a game that I have enjoyed in a while as much as I did your game The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Thank you for such an outstanding game.

Great offer - thank you again.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 06:22 PM

I can highly recommend Book of Unwritten Tales. It's a great game! smile
Posted By: Carla

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 06:37 PM

welcome Kunibert, It's really an excellent game!
Posted By: traveler

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 07:42 PM

What, everyone doesn't already have it? laugh I loved The Book of Unwritten Tales. Thanks so much for making it! Do you think The Critter Chronicles will be available in English any time soon?

Gil.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 07:59 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Kunibert, I am still awaiting the games arrival and I am looking forward to playing it.

Ana wave
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 08:06 PM

Thank you for this, Kunibert. I'll just chime in here and say that this game, Book of Unwritten Tales, got an excellent review at a Danish newspaper called Berlingske. The reviewer gave it 5/6 stars bravo thumbsup

I always read reviews in Danish newspapers when the do reviews of pc games; another Danish newspaper called Politiken did an excellent review of Fallout: New vegas. Anyway, back to the review at Berlingske. The reviewer praised the game, especially for its intertextuality and the references to other games and movies. I'll see if I can dig up and link and translate the important parts of the review. Basically, the review loved the game and praised and recommended it very much.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/02/11 09:35 PM

Hi Kunibert_KA --

It's wonderful to see you stopping by! I'm enjoying the game a great deal, and I'm thrilled that it's now available on your website for purchase by anyone who wishes to support adventure game developers.
Posted By: sali

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 05:03 AM

Just finished that gorgeous game.The artworks are simply awsome, you're right MaG about that. Does somebody have in mind another adventure game recent or not with beautiful pictures that I could buy? Sali
Posted By: Becky

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 11:35 AM

Hi sali -- I'm sure others will post lots of other ideas but three that spring to mind:

Anything in the Myst series
Dreamfall
Gray Matter
Posted By: Mary

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 01:13 PM

I just tried to download the demo for Unwritten Tales. First they had me go through one of their download managers (which I generally don't do) and then it showed well over 2 hours for the demo (I quit the download when the estimated time kept rising past 2 hours).
I usually have a very quick download with the FIOS I use so I'm not sure if this sounds correct or not?

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 03:03 PM

Thanks Becky for your suggestions, the only game that I don't have is gray matter. Is it an old game?Sali
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 03:12 PM

Gray Matter is about a year old, sali.

You can read Becky's review of it HERE. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 05:43 PM

I'm playing The Book of Unwritten Tales right now and have to say it's a VERY GOOD GAME !!!!
broccoli12 broccoli12 broccoli12

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 06:19 PM

I'm so glad you're at last getting to play this, Mad! It's a terrific game!

Gil.

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/27/11 07:05 PM

Thanks Rushes, should have thought of it. Sali

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/28/11 12:46 AM

Glad you enjoyed TBoUT, sali. grin12

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 12/29/11 10:52 PM

I got Book in the mail yesterday, but I have to finish this Agatha Christie Death on the Nile game which is driving me insane, lol. I think I'll finish it within the next 2 hours. It's the hidden object one. I'm not sure if there is a regular point and click to it.

I can't wait to start Book!
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/05/12 12:39 AM

I've just played part of the demo for this game (finally). And I have to say that this a game is a must have for any adventure game fan. It is funny, brillant and clever as well as paying great hommage to games of old and movies too smile
Posted By: ArthurR91

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/05/12 05:05 PM

You're right: TBOUT_1 is a wonderful game.
I played TBOUT_2 in German and I'm far less enthusiastic...

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/05/12 05:34 PM

Hey, ArthurR91,

Critter Chronicles? Why are you less enthusiastic? It's shorter, I know that. What else?

Gil.

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/05/12 06:43 PM

Very short, yes
but mostly not the same magical attractive story

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/05/12 07:02 PM

I'm playing Book now, and it's so much fun! Very entertaining, and I love the references to games. This may be one I keep installed and play every now and then, just to feel good. The animation is fantastic, and the expressions on the characters' faces is priceless.

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/05/12 07:06 PM

ArthurR91,

You say you played Critter Chronicles in German. Did you play TBoUT in German and English? I thought the English version of TBoUT was wonderful and I'm wondering how the German voiceovers compared.

Gil.

Re: Book of Unwritten Tales and Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 02/03/12 07:46 PM

Very good in English.
Anyway I played in German without knowing a word of that language. So my appreciation is not very reliable about the accent or the intonation.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community