GB HOMEPAGE

Stonewall penitentiary

Posted By: cruise02

Stonewall penitentiary - 12/02/11 06:23 AM

Just checked out whatever I could find on Chris Brendl's website about this game and it looks like the game has adult content in it. If this is true, then I'd say that I'm glad that I never got this game - got better stuff (incl. DVD movies) to look at/play.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/02/11 12:06 PM

I believe this game was put on hold.

The game's content is noted on the website so that gamers know what to expect. I'm not quite sure why it's worth commenting on here. duh
Posted By: Creeping_Doom

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/02/11 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
I believe this game was put on hold.

The game's content is noted on the website so that gamers know what to expect. I'm not quite sure why it's worth commenting on here. duh

I wondered that myself Becky . headscratch headscratch

The screenshots look nice though .
Posted By: hatshepsut

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/02/11 05:11 PM

I wonder about the negative comments also.
Chris Brendel is a very good developer who has made very good games. Stonewall Penitentiary looks like another good game. I hope at some time Chris is able to finish it for us.

hatshepsut

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/02/11 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: hatshepsut
I wonder about the negative comments also.
Chris Brendel is a very good developer who has made very good games. Stonewall Penitentiary looks like another good game. I hope at some time Chris is able to finish it for us.

The reason I made the above comments is because when I checked at Chris's site, I saw this Stonewall Penitiary and to the right is a note about adult content. I thought this was in the game (I might be wrong).
Posted By: JeanK

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 01:13 AM

Are we censoring ourselves now? I mean, if a game has adult content, or very disturbing content, or whatever kind of content, I want to know. Just because the developers read Gameboomers doesn't mean we shouldn't critique the games.

I want to hear the negative comments, and I want to hear the positive comments, so I can decide what I want, just the same as I read positive and negative reviews on Amazon and elsewhere before I buy a brand.

I for one don't very often go to the websites of games, and depend on what I hear Gameboomers members think about the games. And I read reviews of users on Amazon.

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 02:27 AM

Jean, I really don't know if "we're really censoring ourselves" or not. All I said was what I thought based on what I saw on the game's website. Did you check it out? I don't want to say more b/c I don't want to get in trouble with the mods/admins here at GB.

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 03:22 AM

I went and looked at it after reading your post. I haven't gone into the site yet because from the first screen it looks kind of bloody, not my type of game. Then I got sidetracked playing something else. I'll go back and look at it and let you know.

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 03:29 AM

Just looked at it. He mentions in the FAq that the adult content had to do with involving the themes of a psychotic murderer so it's not recommended for gamers under 17. I tend to be a bit squeamish so it probably isn't my type of game.

The screenshots look ok -- you don't see any of the people in them. I guess we'd have to wait and see when it comes up what people think.
Posted By: dragonuk44

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 10:50 AM

really some times you cant avoid certain things violience etc it all makes the story

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 01:14 PM

I play violent games all the time, but not the ones where you see blood flying, hear "squish squish" when someone is cutting something or someone up, etc. The very graphic kinds get to me. I don't like the gory games, nope.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 03:29 PM

All I saw that "might" put you off the game, JeanK, was a little nudity (in a YouTube trailer) and yet another really grungy location. Where did you see all the blood and squish?

As for psycho killers, we've had more than enough of them in games on BFG. We should be used to them by now!

Gil.
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 04:57 PM

Hi all,

I figured I'd pop in here, given the topic. smile

For what it's worth Stonewall Penitentiary was going to be far less violent than most mainstream video games. No "flying blood" or gore here. Instead, like a classic Hitchcockian film, most of the violence was going to be implied instead of directly depicted.

In terms of language, there would be nothing beyond what is commonly heard in PG movies.

In terms of sex/nudity, what you see in the trailer and demo is as bad as it gets--nothing beyond what would be shown in a PG-13 movie. Namely, implied nudity in a non-sexual context only, with nothing actually seen, and no sex to speak of...why would there be, given the game's environment?

I hope this clears up the question of the game's content.

In any case, it's an irrelevant discussion, as Stonewall Penitentiary is on indefinite hold. I am, however, working on another project, which you should be hearing about in the coming months. smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 05:13 PM

Thanks for popping in and clarifying Christopher! Always good to see you here.

Good luck on your new project and looking forward to hearing more about it.

Ana wave

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 05:14 PM

Well, from here the thread will evolve into what I prefer and don't prefer in games, and will take away from the discussion of Stonewall, so I won't go any further, other than to say I quit watching tv over 20 years ago because of how it degenerated and how it's warped society. I don't think sex and nudity belong in PG-13 movies, or games.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: CBSection31
I am, however, working on another project, which you should be hearing about in the coming months. smile

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new project and hope to see some screenshots when you get the chance. But seems a shame that Stonewall has been sidelined after all the work you've put into it.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 07:51 PM

I am also looking forward to your next project Chris and I hope at some point you pick back up on Stonewall.... I like your games... thank you for making them.
Posted By: hatshepsut

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 08:16 PM

Hi Chris it's good to hear from you. I'm looking forward to hearing more about that new project too. And hopefully at sometime in the future you can start working on Stonewall again.

hatshepsut
Posted By: judith

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 08:32 PM

I second to what hatshepsut said. Judy
Posted By: Carla

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/04/11 10:24 PM

Hi Chris and thank you so much for stopping by. I'm sorry to hear that Stonewall is on hold, I was looking forward to it, but I hope to hear soon about your next project!
Posted By: ChuckO

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/05/11 07:53 PM

Wow..all....remember Phantasmagoria?? A classic FMV game with, god forbid, a rape scene and a pit and pendulum scene... or something like that. Just keep the kids away. Many, many computer games, adventure and action, are not appropriate for young children, as are some movies, books, and stories. It's a STORY!

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/06/11 02:43 AM

Thank you for clarifying about Stonewall Penitentiary, Chris. My tongue is still hanging out for it. I'm hoping that Stonewall Penitentiary may get finished (and released) in the near future, perhaps.
Posted By: dmtomchick

Re: Stonewall penitentiary - 12/08/11 03:31 PM

Awww.....so sorry to hear Stonewall is on an indefinite hold. :-( Looking forward to hearing about your other upcoming project, though! You never disappoint!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community