GB HOMEPAGE

Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games

Posted By: Carla

Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/14/11 05:56 PM

The French publisher, Anuman Interactive has signed an exclusive co-edition and distribution agreement with Big Fish Games for the Syberia game license on PC and iOS (iPhone and iPad).

Quote:
Developer and publisher partners since early 2010, Anuman Interactive and Big Fish Games continue to pool their energy and have announced an exclusive agreement for distribution of the Syberia game license for PC, iPhone and iPad. This agreement includes the first two parts of the Syberia saga and grants exclusive distribution rights to Big Fish Games, the category leader in premium casual games.
Created in 2002 by the author Benoit Sokal and published by Microïds, Syberia is an adventure video game series that has been a huge success on PC, Playstation® 2TM, Xbox® and Nintendo® DS. With more than 2 million copies sold, Syberia appeals to players because of its unique atmosphere, endearing characters and the graphic quality of its scenery. Today, the Microïds brand and Syberia belong to the publisher Anuman Interactive, which continues to keep the license alive on new supports.

Following the announcement of this partnership, Stéphane Longeard, Anuman Interactive’s CEO, adds with much enthusiasm, “In the framework of our international development and in line with our strategy to adapt our licenses to new digital supports, it was essential to transfer Syberia 1 and 2 to mobile devices. We are delighted to be co-editing these adaptations with Big Fish Games, and we are convinced that it is the perfect partnership for targeting the general public. And, as far as we are concerned, we are continuing to work on a follow-up to the license”.

“The Syberia license is a must for all adventure game enthusiasts, and is a great addition to our product catalog” said Paul Thelen, founder of Big Fish. “We are looking forward to a lasting partnership with Anuman Interactive, a company that shares our mission of offering high-quality video games that appeal to a very wide audience, from novices to experienced gamers”.

Information about the release of these adaptations will be communicated by Big Fish Games in 2012.

Keep smiling!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/14/11 06:05 PM

WooHoo! THanks Carla. Great news. happydance12

Syberia games are already there, but they may continue the series now.

Ana wave12
Posted By: Becky

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/14/11 06:29 PM

Ana, I'm with you -- I hope this leads to a sequel! idea
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/14/11 07:26 PM

That would be wonderful. I love those games. happydance12
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/14/11 07:38 PM

Be still my beating heart! When I saw the thread title:

"Syberia will soon be a..."

I thought you were announcing the long awaited sequel.
But the announcement says nothing of the kind. frown12
I hope this partnership leads to one someday.
Posted By: bigmamma1

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/15/11 08:25 PM

yesI hope for a sequel too-just replayed both Syberia games together-love the characters, the story, the places-everything about this series. I keep wondering what happened to Kate
Like Big Fish too-maybe they will expand into more adventure games.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/16/11 03:18 PM

What about the Syberia 1 and 2 for PC that sites like GOG and DotEMU are selling? Currently both these games are $4.99 at GOG because they're having a Holiday sale. What does "exclusive co-edition and distribution agreement" mean? Does it mean other sites won't be able to sell the games any more?
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/16/11 03:57 PM

That is great news and I too hope that there will be a sequel! happydance12
Posted By: traveler

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/16/11 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
What about the Syberia 1 and 2 for PC that sites like GOG and DotEMU are selling? Currently both these games are $4.99 at GOG because they're having a Holiday sale. What does "exclusive co-edition and distribution agreement" mean? Does it mean other sites won't be able to sell the games any more?

That is a good question, Jenny. That's exactly what it seems to mean.

I find it odd that they would include the first two games made for the PC in that agreement since everybody and his brother already has it and it seems a tad unlikely they'd sell 2 million more copies. But then BFG, which already has it for download, may have insisted.

If editing the game for iPhone and iPad leads to revived interest in Syberia, Anuman will probably do alright by it. But I can just imagine what a "follow-up to the licence" would be like. Look at The Art of Murder. And, oh, joy, another client to deal with.

Gil.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/19/11 12:06 PM

happydance12 A 3rd in the series would be fantastic! Thanks for the info Carla! happydance12
Posted By: BobH

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 12/21/11 08:30 AM

I finished Syberia II (for the first time) about 10 minutes ago. I'm still smiling from it.

This sentence gives me hope for another sequel: "And, as far as we are concerned, we are continuing to work on a follow-up to the license"

By the way, I used BigFish to play both Syberia and Syberia II. It worked well for me.

Thanks Carla for passing this along.
Posted By: ces

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/13/12 04:42 AM

I got my "Adventure Classics - Syberia Collection" from Big Fish about a couple of weeks ago. In addition to Syberia 1 & 2 it included Sokal's "Amerzone." Even though I already own all 3 games, I got it because all 3 games are on one DVD in the collection, a win in my opinion.

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/13/12 06:51 AM

Ces -- I noticed Big Fish games on disk at Target recently. Is that where you got this collection? Or is Big Fish selling the disk version online?

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/13/12 02:49 PM

I found it on Amazon here but it says Iceberg.

Ana wave

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/13/12 03:31 PM

There's an example of the type of Big Fish box I saw at Target here. But searching Target's online store doesn't bring up Syberia. headscratch
Posted By: BabaLa

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/29/12 12:08 AM

This is news? Syberia I & II have been on BFG for ages...

BTW GameHouse also has Syberia I&II

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/29/12 12:21 AM

Gamehouse is very invasive with their software BabaLa, I recommend finding another source.

Ana wave

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/29/12 01:09 AM

I didn't know that. They recently have started offering more LFAs: the Syberias, the Egypt series, Green Moon, Nancy Drew, Doctor Who and Nostradamus I& II. Most of their games are usually lightweight.

By invasive, do you mean malware?

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/29/12 01:15 AM

THey use tracking software that monitors your usage beyond the scope of their site. It is part of RealNetworks.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/29/12 01:20 AM

Be careful of Nostradamus. It will not play correctly on Win 7. The characters' movement is shuddery and jerky.

If you want either of the Syberias, buy them on GOG. The price is about the same as anywhere else but you're also supporting a website with a solid no-DRM policy. And they sometimes have it on sale. Or you can get the games in a jewelcase from Dave at Interact and support someone who still gets the boxed games for us. And gives great service.

Gil.

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 02/29/12 01:51 AM

Already played both of them, they are awesome, and worth replaying.
Posted By: fearlessgirl

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 03/06/12 11:21 PM

I'm very excited about this! I played the 2 games last year. Such bizarre but extremely fun story lines for each place! Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 03/06/12 11:31 PM

Microids announced this blurb yesterday:

Quote:
Hi all! How are you today? Benoît Sokal has just come in our studio to work on various projects. No further information currently. We keep in touch of course wink

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 03/06/12 11:51 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, fearlessgirl. wave
Posted By: fearlessgirl

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 03/07/12 12:07 AM

Thank you so much, Marian! smile
Posted By: BTaylor322

Re: Syberia will be soon available on Big Fish Games - 03/23/12 10:55 AM

Syberia sequel and re-release under Big Fish Games

I'm with everyone who is not only thrilled by the BFG re-release, but I've also wondered about a sequel. I'd love one, if it's the same quality of the 1st 2 Syberia games.

Tried to avoid any spoilers, but the very vague references are there - not by Kate, though. I have no other source than from playing the game so many times. I'm thrilled that BFG is reissuing it, then maybe I won't have to disable my crabby anti-virus software to be able to play it! Unfortunately, nothing that I've read outside of playing Syberia 2 has said ANYTHING about a sequel.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community