GB HOMEPAGE

Looking for Newer Adventure Games That Run on Windows 7

Posted By: oldfeeble

Looking for Newer Adventure Games That Run on Windows 7 - 01/16/12 11:51 PM

Hello, I am wondering if there are any newer adventure games that run on Windows 7 and that have good graphics, interesting plot line, clever puzzles and that sort of thing...

I have been away from the adventure game scene for some years now - I was completely wrapped up in World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online. Lately I feel that there is a quieter side of life that I am missing out on - a place that one can walk through a scenic woods and not worry about getting ripped to shreds by a dozen different kinds of monsters.

I would be interested in hearing about your favorite newer games - perhaps games that will let me sleep better at night.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Looking for Newer Adventure Games That Run on Windows 7 - 01/16/12 11:54 PM

All the newer ones run on Win7 and there is a list of others here.

I recommend The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Looking for Newer Adventure Games That Run on Windows 7 - 01/17/12 12:40 AM

The Book of Unwritten Tales definitely! And Lost Horizon. Both are well written, beautiful and lots of fun to play.

Gil.
Posted By: oldfeeble

Re: Looking for Newer Adventure Games That Run on Windows 7 - 01/17/12 01:32 PM

Wow! Thanks for the information - that is one impressive list of games for Windows 7.

I will look into The Book of Unwritten Tales this morning. A further question: are most adventure games still the "point and click" style for moving around? That may not be the correct term - you move the mouse cursor to find a direction arrow and click to move to the new frame, repeat to explore your area. Are any of the new games using the RPG style movement with the WSAD keys for more freedom?

Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Looking for Newer Adventure Games That Run on Windows 7 - 01/17/12 01:58 PM

Oldfeeble -- most adventure games are still using the point-and-click interface.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community