GB HOMEPAGE

Yesterday: the Launch Trailer!

Posted By: Carla

Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 10:51 AM

Yesterday, the new adventure game from Pendulo, releases tomorrow in retail and digital stores.To celebrate this event, Focus Home Interactive announced the launch trailer for the game.

Quote:
The new adventure game from Pendulo, creators of the million-selling Runaway trilogy, today debuted its launch trailer, before letting players discover Yesterday tomorrow!

This video immerses players at the heart of an original and dark thriller. Yesterday will take players around the world, as they try to unveil the incredible mystery surrounding the amnesiac John Yesterday, discovering connections among the strange mark which scars his hand, a dangerous and murderous cult, and a philanthropic young billionaire. Discover the big cast of colorful and shady characters, the dark ambiance and the twisting, turning story – players will not emerge unscathed!

About Yesterday
After having left its mark in adventure gaming with its million-selling trilogy Runaway and more recently with The Next BIG Thing, Pendulo Studios will deliver early 2012 its newest adventure: Yesterday. Though the unique graphic style, trademark of the Spanish developer, has not been left behind, Pendulo has now given up comedy for once and is offering an original and dark thriller.

In New York City, beggars are disappearing one after another, only to be found burnt alive. Meanwhile, a Y-shaped scar forms in the palm of the hands of seemingly unrelated people. With the police and the media giving little attention to these events, Henry White, a young and rich heir dedicated to a charitable organization, and his friend Cooper, are the first to investigate these disappearances. They are two of the three playable characters in Yesterday, the third being none other than the enigmatic John Yesterday, who is dragged into this incredible story after his memory is completely wiped.

This is the starting point of the brand new adventure from Pendulo Studios. More will be unveiled in the coming months, without spoiling the deep scenario and its numerous turning points which are sure to surprise many players as the game will be released tomorrow!

You can see the trailer on the Official Website , clicking on the Media tab and then Video.

A First Look at the game by our Becky is available HERE.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 12:25 PM

Thanks Carla! wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 01:50 PM

Thanks Carla!

Ana wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 05:21 PM

Thanks, Carla! This is great news, however . . .

Is Dave from Interact getting this game? I don't see it anywhere in the Upcoming Releases. frown

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 05:27 PM

I am sure he will venus, but I contacted him to verify.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 05:28 PM

Neither do I, venus, and I've been looking nearly every day.

Gil.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 05:35 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave

Traveler, I've been doing the same thing. smile Hoping we get some good news!
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 06:08 PM

Thanks Carla! wave

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 06:17 PM

Dave is working on it. He hopes to have it secured soon.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 06:26 PM

Thanks, Ana! That's great news! happydance
Posted By: kjos

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/21/12 08:00 PM

Just started downloading the game now. Long download.
Just started to play the game and it crashed. Well I have a lot of other games to play. Went to the support on their website and it isn't listed.
Richard
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/22/12 09:44 AM

Looks good! Thanks Carla!
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/22/12 08:18 PM

the game looks great!
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/22/12 10:11 PM

Cant seem to find this in any of my usual go to online stores here in the U.K.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/22/12 10:35 PM

THat is why InteractCD doesn't have it yet for preorder. So far it has not yet been available for retail in the usual channels.
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/22/12 10:51 PM

Ahh , thank you for the info.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/23/12 02:06 AM

Hi, Fellow Boomers,
I see that the game,"Yesterday", came out today, and I would love to play it.My concern is that without a working demo of the game, I won't know if it will "work" on my computer. $30.00 is a pretty steep price for a game, but I WOULD purchase it if a DEMO worked well on my computer.Does anyone know if a demo of this game is planned? Thanks
Sandy

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/23/12 02:14 AM

Sandy,

Why don't you tell us what computer you have or what version of Windows you're running? If someone else has the same thing and they're playing Yesterday, they could tell you if it works or not.

Gil.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/23/12 05:42 PM

Hi, Traveler,
I have a Dell PC with Win XP SP3, 3.5 gigs of Ram An ATI-Radion Video card-Radion X600 Series.I think that I've given you the specs that are the most important. Thanks, and I will keep checking back to see if anybody has experienced playing the game who's computers have the approximate specs. I really think that the game developer should come out with a demo, as I have said before. If the demo would work on my PC, that would be the ultimate test. Thanks so much for your input.
Sandy
BTW, I played the two previous Pendulo adventure games on this same PC without having ANY problems whatsoever, so perhaps I'm being over concerned.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/24/12 06:43 AM

OK, Traveler,
I "bit the bullet", purchased the game from The Adventure Shop,downloaded it,installed it without any problems at all. I started the game, installed the included PATCH, and it's running incredibly well on my PC. I hope it goes as easily for anybody else contemplating buying this game as it was for me.I'm enjoying it already, ESPECIALLY since I have MAG'S superb (as always)walkthrough to follow.
Sandy
HAPPY GAMING, Fellow Boomers

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/24/12 04:42 PM

Any news on the disk version yet? Does it come out later than the download version?

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/24/12 05:18 PM

No luck securing a disk version yet Venus.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/24/12 06:17 PM

Thanks, Ana. sad Do you think it's worth waiting to find out if there will be one, or do you recommend just purchasing the download version? I really hope it's the former, as I don't prefer downloading games unless they are DRM free.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/24/12 06:34 PM

I think it's coming but when Is the big question. If you don't mind waiting then I would say you will probably find a boxed copy.

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/24/12 06:44 PM

Great, thanks Ana! I will wait then. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/24/12 08:30 PM

I'm waiting too - in hopes of a disk version grin
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/25/12 12:58 AM

For what its worth, it downloaded and installed without any issues, and ran flawlessly.
But I do like boxes happydance
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/25/12 03:05 PM

No comments on how short this game is? It seemed remarkably short to me:-)

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/25/12 05:29 PM

Yes, I found a review for it here - Yesterday Review . The review was positive, but a lot of the comments mentioned how short the game was. Also, apparently there is no voice acting for inventory/item descriptions. These two things are a shame, especially the shortness factor.

Oh, well, I still want it, albeit with lowered expectations. The story looks interesting, and I loved the Runaways enough to play pretty much anything Pendulo Studios puts out. Plus, the review was very positive, so that's a good sign. smile

Re: Yesterday: the Launch Trailer! - 03/25/12 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: venus
...apparently there is no voice acting for inventory/item descriptions.

There are a lot of games that don't have voice acting for inventory items, LHOD coming to mind right away. I never felt cheated so I don't get the problem.

Quote:
Oh, well, I still want it, albeit with lowered expectations. The story looks interesting, and I loved the Runaways enough to play pretty much anything Pendulo Studios puts out. Plus, the review was very positive, so that's a good sign. smile

I'm with you all the way there, venus. The only problem is that Yesterday is way to expensive for me if the game is that short. So I guess I'll wait until it's old enough to be on GOG. grin

Gil.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community