GB HOMEPAGE

Don't you just love it when...

Posted By: mj2c

Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 06:59 PM

You start replaying an old game and you can't remember a thing about it. This is happening to me with Tex Murphy:Overseer. It's like playing a new game:-)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 07:13 PM

That is great! I wish I could do that, it would be fun to replay some favorites.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 07:26 PM

I'm like this with some games, not all.
That's why I hold onto games if I enjoy playing them.
I may remember a few locations in the game, but not the puzzles or details of the story.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 07:50 PM

I can completely relate to that - like Jenny100 there are some games I do remember but more often than not I've completely forgotten the plot & the ending never mind any of the details - it's great! smile
Posted By: Andromus

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 09:05 PM

Oh, yes. It doesn't happen often to me, but it's great when it does. Particularly memorable for me was Riven, which kicked me around pretty badly my first time through, and I used quite a bit of help to finish it.

Fast forward to a few years later when it occurred to me that I didn't remember much if anything about the details of the puzzles, and with a lot more adventure gaming experience under my belt at that point, I felt confident enough to tackle it again.

Well, it felt like a completely different game. I solved all of the game on my own except for that one animal symbol (if you played the game you likely recall it), and found it one of the most satisfying gaming experiences ever.
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 10:00 PM

Definitely! If they ever invent a memory deleting machine, first thing I'll do is to delete all of the Mysts from my head and replay them :-)
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 11:04 PM

Hey Tomer, I think they have "Memory deleting Machine." It's called 'your 65th birthday.' I had mine recently and then replayed three or four older games. I remembered none of any of them. grin
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/25/12 11:05 PM

Something to look forward to the haze. lol
Posted By: Mad

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/26/12 01:30 AM

I replay games often - and many of them several times over the years - but as I have a head like a sieve, not much stays with me from one play to the next lol
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/26/12 09:11 AM

I know the feeling Haze and Mad. I love playing over my favorite old games because with the experience of sooo much gaming over the years I can figure out what to do even if I don't remember the game!
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/26/12 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: The Haze
Hey Tomer, I think they have "Memory deleting Machine." It's called 'your 65th birthday.' I had mine recently and then replayed three or four older games. I remembered none of any of them. grin

hehe, one of the few advantages of Alzheimer smile
Posted By: cruise02

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/29/12 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100

I may remember a few locations in the game, but not the puzzles or details of the story.

I'm the same way like Jenny100 with all my games.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/29/12 07:51 PM

What was the question? - oh yea - I'd like to play older games again - but I either gave them away or don't remember the titles - much less what they were about - or even if I liked them. rotfl
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Don't you just love it when... - 03/29/12 08:00 PM

rotfl
© 2024 GameBoomers Community