GB HOMEPAGE

Botanicula will be released on April 19th

Posted By: Carla

Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/05/12 12:03 PM

Botanicula, the new point'n'click exploration game created by Jaromír Plachý and Amanita Design, will be released April 19th.for available for Windows, Mac & Linux at The Official Website and other channels.

Quote:
Botanicula is about a bunch of five friends - little tree creatures who set out for a journey to save the last seed from their home tree which is infested by evil parasites. The gameplay is about exploration, solving little funny puzzles, meeting strange tree creatures and listening to the music. The whole game takes place on one very big and strange tree. Despite the gameplay is quite lightweight, the game is relatively huge, there will be around 150 screens.

Key features:
- Relaxed game perfect for hardcore gamers, their partners, families and seniors.
- More than 150 detailed locations to explore.
- Hundreds of funny animations.
- Incredible amount of hidden bonuses.
- Fantastic music and sound effects by fantastic band DVA
- Not one but five main characters with various skills and personalities.
- No text or lengthy dialogs to bore you.
- Bonuses for vigilant players at the end of the game.

On the official website you will find lots of details, screenshots and trailers about this fascinating game.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/05/12 12:11 PM

Thanks, Carla.

Must be quite a TREE! lol
Posted By: Becky

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/05/12 12:51 PM

I like the sound of the five main characters with different abilities.

I'm curious what you have to do to be vigilant. grin
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/05/12 01:23 PM

Thank you, Carla!

Thanks to Jaromír Plachý and Amanita Design for another great game!

smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/05/12 02:09 PM

I can't get enough of the Amanita games so I'll be first in line to get it. yay

Thanks for the update Carla!

Ana wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/05/12 02:11 PM

I'm second in line behind Ana! Can't wait for this to be released.
Posted By: traveler

Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/05/12 05:58 PM

It's $8.99 if you pre-order on GOG.com!

Be still my heart.

And here's John Walker's tepid review from Rock,Paper,Shotgun. grin

Gil.
Posted By: cruise02

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/05/12 11:59 PM

Um, I think I'll pass on this game. It's either a HOG or a IHOG, isn't it?

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/06/12 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: cruise02
Um, I think I'll pass on this game. It's either a HOG or a IHOG, isn't it?

Cruise02, you have honestly left me speechless.

Gil.

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/06/12 12:17 AM

No Cruise, the announcement would have been in the casual forum.

Ana wave
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/06/12 01:12 AM

I'm so looking forward to this one! The graphics look scrumptious, and the clips I've seen on Amanita's website have made me laugh out loud.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/06/12 09:36 AM

Thanks, Carla !!

Just goes to show that a Hero can come in any shape or size lol
Posted By: vic

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/07/12 08:26 AM

Geally looking forward to this one I love their games.
Posted By: OlegBeloV

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/07/12 08:49 AM

But it seems that the soundtrack in gog's version is just a "demo" (like 3-5 tracks). Hoping that Lace Mamba will publish a some kind of collector's edition that has the full ost in FLAC.

Re: Botanicula is coming to GOG for preorder - 04/07/12 01:47 PM

Just pre-ordered Botanicula from GOG for $8.99. It's the "Collector's Edition" with demo sound track, wallpapers, photos etc. Supposed to be available for download April 19th - can't wait! I, too, hope they release the entire soundtrack.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/07/12 03:13 PM

The Enigmatic T replied to someone in the forums about that. If I'm remembering right, he said that the entire soundtrack comes with the game if you get it from the developer.

Maybe GOG has the game with a short soundtrack as part of the deal for making it DRM free? Since it's unimportant to me in comparison to the game, I'm happy with the deal from GOG.

Everyone should go look at their Spring Conference Video (you can skip about half of it if you're not interested in The Witcher 2). If these guys keep this level of dedication to their standards and to gamers, all I can say is Long Live GOG! It's certainly a refreshing contrast to the news about the Worst Company in America.

Gil.
Love the hat, T. grin
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/08/12 07:59 PM

Thanks for the update Carla! thumbsup wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/10/12 04:40 PM

All I see on the official site is the trailer.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/10/12 04:46 PM

Click here for more Guybrush.

Ana wave
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/15/12 08:30 PM

Oh! This is just what I like. It sounds fabulous to me. Trees, I love!!! Thank you for telling us about this. I have been needing this game and just didn't know it. smile

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 02:34 AM

Tomorrow!!

Gil.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 02:38 AM

I will be looking forward to a rainy day with nothing to do and sitting and playing. I have high hopes for this one. yay

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 03:26 AM

Kotaku has a very funny and highly appreciative review of Botanicula

My favorite quote: "Botanicula is so adorable that it can only be controlled by picking up a puppy and moving its puppy paws on your computer's trackpad." grin

Gil.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 03:02 PM

Panic! Drat! Oh, no! Sobbing, weeping and gnashing of teeth! It's April 19th and it's still not available to download from my GOG prebuy. cry

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 04:21 PM

John Walker at Rock, Paper, Shotgun says it will be out in an hour. Did he just write that? cool It is so totally weird when John Walker likes something.

Stop crying, Drac, it will get here. Those five little whatevers are probably having to get past one of those big fuzzy doohickies to reach us. grin

Gil.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 04:54 PM

*sounds of sobbing hiccups* OK, Gil. I'll wait another hour. So, where is John Walker that it's already 5:00 pm?

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 05:49 PM

You think I can keep time zones straight? Lol! Mad woman! Anyway, I'm downloading it now and I think the big delay for GOG was that Walker found a bug in the game and GOG/Amanita held up on letting the game go until the bug was fixed.

Everybody else who got it on time somewhere else...hehehe.

Gil.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 08:22 PM

Well, my download got to 699.41 MB and has been stopped for almost 2 1/2 hours. Say it isn't so! I contacted GOG, but this is so discouraging. I would assume it has to do with busy servers or something, but the same thing happened with my download of Sanitarium a couple of days ago.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 08:50 PM

I will try getting mine now. I hope you can get yours straightened out Drac.

If I turned on the downloader feature, it failed to download, when I turned it off, I was able to download and install in a few minutes. Too bad I don't have time to play. lol

Ana wave

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 10:18 PM

That's what I did too. Downloaded and got it installed with the Firefox downloader and even played for a few minutes. FUN! Wish I didn't have to bowl tonight, so I could play more.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 10:31 PM

How weird! I haven't had time to play yet but I used the GOG downloader and it was down in no time.

You guys just aren't holding your mouths right. grin

Gil.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/19/12 11:06 PM

Not me, Gil! I was soooo disappointed and held my breath when the Firefox downloader got to 699.41 MB, but it went right on by and was there! I love the GOG downloader, so I hope they fix whatever is wrong.
Posted By: Obi

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/25/12 04:11 PM

Wow be really cool if they could Demo this game for those of us who like to try befor we buy!
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/25/12 06:04 PM

I am playing through the game for the 3rd time, trying to find all those wonderful critter cards. It's a magical game that still has me giggling.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/27/12 03:41 AM

I'm just starting my second play through and having even more fun this time!

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/27/12 03:43 AM

I am so envious. It's going to be at least a week before I can play it. I love your new avatar!

Ana wave

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/27/12 07:33 PM

Those are your 5 little "friends" you will be playing with! A week is too long!
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/27/12 07:40 PM

I looked at the screenshots for this game & thought 'I don't think so'! but I don't think I've seen one single poster anywhere that hasn't enjoyed playing the game so I'll have to change that to a 'yes, I do think so' & get on with the BAAGs! lol

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/27/12 07:58 PM

It will be quite unlike anything you've ever played before... well, unless you have played some of Amanita's other games!

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 04/27/12 08:05 PM

I haven't met an Amanita game I haven't fallen in love with.

Ana wave

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/07/12 02:15 AM

I just finished the game and all I can say is it was absolutely fantastic. hearts I just love these games, they are truly brilliant.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/07/12 02:19 AM

Glad to hear you liked it as much as I did! I especially love the sounds the little group of friends make..
Posted By: aniiksc

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/07/12 11:46 AM

I like little surprises - and this game is full of them! What a world to explore and interact with. Finished it in one day, playing today again, yay! laugh

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/07/12 07:20 PM

Don't ask me why I clicked on the Botanicula link at the top of the page but I did and got a Page Not Found error on The Adventure Shop site. No biggie but you might want to know about it.

Gil.

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/07/12 07:30 PM

Thanks Gil!

Ana wave
Posted By: Obi

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/08/12 09:23 PM

It would be to cool indeed if we could (try befor we buy) this game aka a demo yes?!

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/08/12 09:44 PM

Perhaps you could write them Obi and express your desire. I don't need to demo an Amanita game, if you like one, you'll like the next.

Ana wave

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/10/12 04:00 AM

I just purchased this beautiful, awesome game last night. However, I have yet to try it myself as it has been totally taken over by a certain young person in my household. She says it's absolutely AWESOME!!! She loves the games by Amanita Design and enjoys the challenge.
I might add that their Customer Service is excellent.

smile

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/10/12 01:07 PM

You will love it smitty! I was playing for the second time last night. Hopefully MissV is in school today and the game is free for you to play. grin

Ana wave

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/10/12 08:13 PM

Ana, Unfortunately, I only see to "start a new game" or "resume." I don't believe there's a place for different profiles. Since I don't wish to ruin it for MissV, I'll be patient and finish up with another game for now. whistle

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/10/12 08:18 PM

THere are 6 save slots. You can load or save in separate ones so that you all can play.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Botanicula will be released on April 19th - 05/12/12 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
It will be quite unlike anything you've ever played before... well, unless you have played some of Amanita's other games!

Just finished with 109 cards! I haven't played any other Amanita games so it was quite unlike anything else I've ever played! It's got to be the craziest game I've ever played! (move over Discworld) It took me a while to get into but I ended up loving it & will definitely be replaying to try & find more cards & I'm sure there's a lot I missed to start with! happydance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community