GB HOMEPAGE

Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen

Posted By: JackVanian

Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen - 04/20/12 08:33 PM

Dear Boomers, smile

it's my pleasure to tell you about our newest guest column that we published a few minutes ago. This time I'm honored to say that Jane Jensen herself wrote an article for us. smile

The article introduces Pinkerton road, promotes Jane's Kickstarter Campaign, but also takes a look back at Jane's career and deals with the state of adventure games as well. Hope you'll enjoy the article as much as I do! smile

If you like our new series of articles I'm happy to say that there will be a lot more of them in the next months! smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen - 04/20/12 08:35 PM

Thanks Jack!

Ana wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen - 04/20/12 11:42 PM

Thanks, Jack. That's a fantastic article! praise
Posted By: Becky

Re: Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen - 04/21/12 12:21 AM

Thanks -- it's a good read! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen - 04/21/12 02:14 AM

Yes !! Thank you for that link, JackVanian happydance
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen - 04/21/12 04:23 PM

Thanks JackVanian for the link to an interesting interview - it does look like GK4 is a possibility some time in the future meanwhile I look forward to any game Jane produces! smile
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Adventure-Treff Guest Column #3: Jane Jensen - 04/22/12 12:31 PM

That was fascinating, in particular GK3 being blamed for the demise of adventure games. That's a shocker to someone like me who came later to adventure games and loves GK3 as much as GK2. I hope a GK4 doesn't take as long as Gray Matter, which I thought dull, wooden and colorless but better than nothing. In terms of time, I don't want to be screaming in the home-for-little-old-lady-sheep-farmers that I want the Gabriel Knight 4 game for pc on disk and have the staff attribute both the title and the demand for a disk to senile dementia. "There, there, dear, have a nice valium and watch Gunsmoke reruns. You like hard puzzles with beautiful graphics? Can we say jigsaw?"
No, no. The nightmare is too frightening. I want to have enough marbles left for at least half of a serpent rouge or maybe a quarter, that would be about as much as I got myself the first go round. I was newer to adventure games then. I might get more but certainly not all of the clues now. Imagine that two of the first wonderful adventure games you played were GK2 and 3. They gave me unrealistic expectations, I suppose.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community