GB HOMEPAGE

Tale of a Hero

Posted By: oldman

Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 12:23 AM

OK, I'll admit it I don't know how to properly use search engines. I just type in want I want to see and get tons of results and have no idea of how to narrow the search. There I said it.

But, to the point, is there any site that has this game available for digital download? I've read that it was not released for the USA and there are boxed versions from Europe with English audio. My point is that, if possible, I would like to buy this game.

The sites I found seemed to want to have me join something or download a downloader or some other strange things just to try to get the game and I declined all those chances to download the game.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 12:51 AM

Hi oldman smile

I found a page with a couple of download offers but I don't know which, if any, might be legal ....

Anyway it's Edited out by BET.

I do have a boxed copy of the game myself - but it's in Italian - so you probably wouldn't want that !!

Cheers.

Mad laugh
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 12:51 AM

I haven't seen any legal download sites oldman, so maybe someone who has successfully downloaded will be along.

Mad, other than the demo ones those links are illegal, so I edited out the search. thanks

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 01:01 AM

I did not find a legal one either. frown
Posted By: Mad

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 01:11 AM

Sorry my search was futile, oldman frown

And thanks for the editing and confirmations, ladies !! thumbsup
Posted By: traveler

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 01:54 AM

oldman,

Send tol an email. You can look him up in the members list. Tale of a Hero is his game. He should be able to tell you where to buy it. I got mine from an overseas site and managed to make it through the Italian with Carla's help.

Tol can also tell you where to get the patch that adds English text to the game, although it's in one of the TOH threads...a rather long one.

I will say this, the boxed copy took donkey's years to arrive. <g> But tol may know where you can download it.

Just to be a little clearer, I downloaded it and got a boxed copy as a backup.

Gil.
Posted By: Phyllo

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 02:55 AM

I got my copy from eptisoft.com. http://www.eptisoft.com/francais/telechargement-achat/tale-of-a-hero,a10982ENY,c.html

I had to create an account, but it was worth it. I enjoyed the game immensely. The audio was in English and the subtitles were in French. There were a few letters to read that were in French, but that was no problem for me because I studied French in high school and community college.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 06:05 AM

This is dredging up a memory, but I seem to recall that the game doesn't run well in Win 7, though it's fine if you're still using Win XP.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 06:20 AM

Ran just fine for me in Win 7, Becky.

Gil.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 09:24 AM

thank you all for your help. I will definitely check out the info in this thread. It's a shame that this game didn't get wider distribution because It appears to be an awesome game.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 10:37 AM

Traveler -- that's good to know. wave
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 04:21 PM

Oldman you were right to avoid those sites.

Whenever you visit a site and it tries to get you to download or accept their program, whatever it may be, you must be very careful. You just have to watch and read the screens very carefully or else you may get tricked in accepting a Tool Bar or program that will replace your home page with theirs and even invite Spyware on your PC. shame

I'd follow travelers advise !! Thanks traveler ! - now I got to get a copy too ! rotfl

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 04:44 PM

You'll enjoy it, sureshot. Find that thread and you'll find the site (Italian) where I downloaded mine if you do better with that than with French. grin The voiceover is in English but unless you apply the patch tol supplied (link in that thread), the text is in whatever you can't read. I didn't really mind it. Learned a few words.

Aha! Here's the Tale of a Hero thread Have fun, it's a lo-ong one! grin

Gil.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/25/12 04:53 PM

Thank you Gil for the info and the thread link !! thumbsup

I will certainly read that thread and get this game ! snicker

Sal
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 12:14 PM

I just emailed tol about downloading the game.
I hope to hear from him soon. I'll let you know what he says.
Cathy
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 02:20 PM

I just bought this yesterday from Zodiac. I paid 7.74 euros, which is around 10.24 dollars. This site is somewhat like Steam, in that you have to download their zodiac application. But, I applied Tol's patch to it and I am playing it now and having fun with it. the subtitles are in Italian, but the voice is in English.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 02:31 PM

mbday630,

If you wade through the thread on TOH, you'll find a link to a patch that will change those subtitles to English.

Gil.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 04:19 PM

ah, I will have to wade through that then. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: mbday630
I just bought this yesterday from Zodiac. I paid 7.74 euros, which is around 10.24 dollars. This site is somewhat like Steam, in that you have to download their zodiac application. But, I applied Tol's patch to it and I am playing it now and having fun with it. the subtitles are in Italian, but the voice is in English.

Could you send me the url for that site please?

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 06:49 PM

Here is the link that I got it from:

http://www.zodiac-store.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=219

I had to download their application? or whatever it is, that is similar to Steam. Then I could download the game. Also, remember to download the English patch from Tol before you start the game. I think that is what I did wrong, I started the game and then did the patch... and I have English voices, but the subtitles are in Italian. However, that still works for me, as long as I know what he is saying. Just to be on the safe side (and I really don't know what I am doing) I installed the patch in different parts of Zodiac too, not knowing exactly where it went. Anyway, it is a fun game, not too expensive, so I hope this helps!
Posted By: venus

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 06:55 PM

Hm, the link I got it from - http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/pc-windows/tale-of-a-hero-il-destino-di-un-eroe.html - doesn't appear to work any more. frown

Although when I type in Tale of a Hero in the search box, it does come up - http://multiplayer.com/catalog/advanced_...amp;dasuggest=. I suppose the first version is the disk version, and the second is the download? Can anyone here translate? smile (I wouldn't mind ordering the disk version myself at some point. wink )

In any case, you may have some luck getting it there. The patch worked perfectly for me with the download version.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/26/12 07:41 PM

venus,

If you go back in the thread for TOH, I believe Carla translates almost everything for you to make it easier to figure out how to get through the download order. Anyway, since I don't read Italian (high school Latin doesn't help, believe me), it must have been fairly obvious that you could get it on disk as a backup. If it helps any, the boxed copy was 8.29 euros.

Gil.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 01:05 AM

Thank you so much. I've been wanting to play this game for so long and had forgotten about it until I saw that it was on my wanted list at GTZ and still not available. That awakened the wanting in me. lol

Anyway I am now downloading it as I type this and I even used paypal as well. I had already bought Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle from them so I was already registered.

Anyway thanks again for the link and thanks to all who chipped in with info.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 01:56 AM

oldman,

Just a heads up. I don't know that it's necessary for you, but I would not install TOH in the default folder. I just remembered a weird glitch in the game made it impossible for me to continue and I only fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game somewhere else, probably My Documents since that's my usual alternative place.

Gil.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 12:30 PM

I looked all over for a english patch but couldn't find one. Could somebody point me in the right direction.
Richard
Posted By: tol

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 12:37 PM

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply. I´ve found our game on this Italian store so far:
http://www.adventuregameshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=940

Our patch changing texts to English (there are English voiceovers in all but Russian, Czech and German versions already)is here:
http://peregrius.cz/toh/toh_en_patch.zip

If you are playing on Windows 7 system, please don´t install game in the Program Files, use some other folder like C:\games to avoid possible problems leading up to unfinishable game.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 12:54 PM

Hi tol,

Thanks for the info. Hope you're doing well. wave

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 02:18 PM

Hey, tol!

Good luck with your 'secret' HO adventure game! laugh thumbsup

Gil.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 02:43 PM

thanks tol. The patch didn't work how do I use it. Where do I unzip it to.
richard

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 07:07 PM

I have the same problem Richard. I have the Italian version. The voices are in english but everything else is still in Italian. I applied the patch in the zodiac file (that's the place where I bought the game)it asked if I want to overwrite the other files. I say yes and it doe's,but everything is still in italian.

Cathy

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 07:20 PM

Cathy,I downloaded the game from Zodiac but I don't know where to unzip the patch. I would hate to put it into the Zodiac folder. The game might not play. Hope somebody will help us.
Richard

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 07:27 PM

Perhaps Glitches can help.

Ana luck

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 08:36 PM

Hi Richard
That's where I unzipped the patch too. The Zodiac file. The game plays flawlessly but I still don't have english subtitles. I looked for the game in my program files but I couldn't find it. But it is there to uninstall in my add/remove program.
I just turned off the subtitles. The game voices are in english. It is still easy to play though.
When I right click on something,he gives a description of it and the objects look like what they actually are. I heard in another thread that if you use the patch,you have to start the game over,because the patch messes up your saves.
I still hope someone will come along and help us.
I'm using MaG's walkthrough which makes it even easier.
Cathy

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 08:39 PM

Since this is asking for help in getting the game to run and patches and not the actual game itself, please post in Glitches for assistance. thanks

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 08:53 PM

Yes, Cathy1, same for me. I tried the patch in the Zodiac file, in several different places,... just to be sure, ..but the game never had the English Subtitles. I didn't think of turning off the subtitles, that might have helped, but I learned some Italian with having them on! It was easy to play the game for me too, everything in the inventory he would tell you what it was in English and I didn't have a problem at all. In fact, thanks to the walkthrough, I finished the game this afternoon and I think I will re-start it again right away. I really enjoyed it. So, if it helps, don't worry too much about putting the patch in the right place, it still should play easy enough and you will have a great time!
Posted By: tol

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 09:00 PM

Hi,

intallation of the patch is easy- just unzip the files into the game´s folder (the one you´ve installed it into) and confirm rewrite the files.

Unfortunately once the patch is applied, you need to start the game from the start.
Posted By: Zodiac_Store

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 09:27 PM

Hi to everyone, I'm here to help who bought the game on Zodiac and wants to apply the patch. This is what needs to be done in simple steps.

1. Download and install the game through Zodiac
2. In the Tale of a Hero product page in your gamelist press CTRL + ALT + D and you'll be in the game folder
3. Unzip in this folder all the patch data.

I've tried tol patch and it works perfectly. All the texts are in English.

If you need any other help please write here or at info@zodiac-store.com.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 09:31 PM

Thanks tol and Zodiac_Store! wave

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 10:04 PM

THank you all. Will give it a try right away.
EDIT....
Dosen't work for me. I open up Zodiac from the shortcut on my desktop. I go to the games page from the top.
I choose Tales of a Hero (Italian). The page comes up with the word PLAY on it. I hold down Ctrl,Alt,D but nothing changes. No folder opens or anything. Is this the place you mean ?
Posted By: Zodiac_Store

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 10:31 PM

Hi,

you must have the latest Zodiac version (0.9.2.1) installed for that combination to be successful. You can update it clicking on Settings and then Update. I'm here to help if something is unclear!

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 10:55 PM

Ok
I updated Zodiac. I unzipped the patch and installed it to the folder that opened with ctrl,alt,D but the subtitles are still in Italian.
I even started a new game. What do I do now ?
Thank you for your help by the way.
EDIT
This is the name of the folder that opened with your instructions.....
C:\Document and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Zodiac\Zodiac

Is there another folder inside that folder that I need to put the patch ? I noticed a few more folders inside that one.

EDIT 2.... Got it. I had to open a few more folders to get the patch to go where it was suppose to go. After the Zodiac\Zodiac file I opened games\APR_TLEHR_EN. Now everything is in english. WHOO HOOO.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 11:47 PM

Congrats Cathy1! yay

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 11:48 PM

And it was so simple to download the game free of a client and apply the patch. Ain't progress wonderful?

Gil.

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/27/12 11:59 PM

I got the english to work to. Took me long enough.
Richard

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/28/12 12:10 AM

Congrats kjos. Have fun. It feels a lot better having everything in english.

Cathy
Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/28/12 12:22 AM

Yay to the both of you, great game, you're gonna love it.... happydance
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/28/12 12:24 AM

Richard ..I thought you long played this game... headscratch

"Just downloaded the game. It wouldn't take PayPal but took Visa. I used the translate button the whole time. Downloaded at 1.65 MB/Sec. $17.17 not a bad price. Thanks a lot Tol."
Richard

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/28/12 01:04 AM

I did a long time ago but I don't know where I got it from.
Richard

Re: Tale of a Hero - 04/28/12 02:08 AM

Thanks Lynn. I will definately love it.

Cathy

EDIT....
What an excellent game. I just got to meet mushroom head. LOL !!

Re: Tale of a Hero - 05/01/12 07:44 PM

Well I finally got my version of the game downloaded an running. I had several problems that slowed me down (including having to restore my system disk and reformat my hard drive) but now it is up and running and the subtitles even work.

Thank you Tol for all the help.

(First to bring this up and last to get it running, story of my life) grin

Re: Tale of a Hero - 05/01/12 08:47 PM

That's great that it's working, oldman! wave
Posted By: vic

Re: Tale of a Hero - 05/04/12 08:14 PM

I really enjoyed this game. I bought it in October 2010 and still remember it with fondness.
I bought it from

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/pc-windows/tale-of-a-hero-il-destino-di-un-eroe-ita.html

and though it is in Italian I got a patch from Tol which made it into English which worked great. The digital download is just 9.90 euro now!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community