GB HOMEPAGE

Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 02:04 PM

You can view the KickStarter of this new game written by Steve Ince ((So Blonde, Broken Sword) Here.

Steve Ince, Al Lowe & Ken Wegrzyn present:

Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure – a hilarious NEW game that’s just…hard enough!

A Comic Adventure for the 21st Century!

This is not a revival or a remake. It’s a New original game based on the comedic game design by Al Lowe & Ken Wegrzyn.

Quote:
May 30, 2012 – Chicago, IL – Al Lowe, gaming’s best-known humorist and creator of the Leisure Suit Larry® series, and Ken Wegrzyn, former Executive Producer for the Walt Disney Company, have launched a Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund their original new game, Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure.

Al Lowe and Ken Wegrzyn have laid the foundation for the world of Sam Suede™ by completing the Undercover Exposure game design and prototyping. “This is not a revival or a remake. It’s the original comedic game that Al and I designed after I brought Al out of retirement,” says Wegrzyn.

Wisecrack Games has assembled an award-winning and nominated writing, design, and development team, including Steve Ince, writer and designer of the recent Witcher and Broken Sword series. “Sam Suede is an exciting project, is extremely funny, and fits perfectly with the way I love to work,” says Ince. “This game will be so full of fun, I may just explode while working on it!”

The Wisecrack team is now ready to put COMEDY back into adventure games, delivering the first original Al Lowe game since his last released Leisure Suit Larry® game in the late 90’s. Go to www.kickstarter.com and type in “Sam Suede” to find out more...and while you are there, make sure to enter your pledge to help bring Sam Suede to life!

About Wisecrack Games, LLC
Wisecrack Games, LLC is a new studio on a mission to put put comedy back into the adventure game genre. With an experienced, award-winning and nominated team, Wisecrack develops new original transmedia properties for the PC, Mac, iOS, and other mobile platforms

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Diamond

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 02:14 PM

Thanks for posting this here so quickly. smile

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 02:18 PM

I posted and then got my pledge in! Happy to support you and a hometown developer. yay
Posted By: Becky

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 03:16 PM

What an intriguing combination of game designers! lol

Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 03:30 PM

This sounds wonderful. I'm a big fan of the games of both Al Lowe and Steve Ince! thumbsup wave

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 03:36 PM

We aim to please. smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Diamond
We aim to please. smile

And you've done a great job so far and I have no doubt that you will continue to do so. woot wave
Posted By: Mary

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 05:42 PM

If I read correctly, this game is described as both a "comedy-adventure" and an "action-comedy". I wonder if the "action" part includes quick reflexes or timed sequences?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/30/12 07:48 PM

A question I have too grin

[Thanks for the news, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup]
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 12:27 AM

There seems to be some disagreement as to Al Lowe's involvement: Leisure Suit Larry creator wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down (exclusive)

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 01:01 AM

We are aware of that GuyBrush and here is Wisecrack Studios response:

Quote:
An official statement from Wisecrack Games:

Wisecrack Games has not infringed or otherwise violated any rights of Replay Games. Wisecrack's references to Al Lowe's accomplishments, including his work on the Leisure Suit Larry series, are truthful, come directly from Mr. Lowe's website with his permission pursuant to a written agreement, and constitute de minimis and fair uses under applicable law. Based on records of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office, Replay Games owns neither the trademark nor copyright to Leisure Suit Larry, so any claim on Replay's behalf is entirely baseless. As Kickstarter fans are aware, Al is currently working on Leisure Suit Larry. The references to Al Lowe's extensive work with Ken Wegrzyn on the design of Sam Suede in Undercover Exposure is truthfully stated and a historical fact. The original design and prototyping have been completed by Al and Ken, as well as a written agreement with Al Lowe for the Sam Suede in Undercover Exposure Kickstarter with Wisecrack Games. Upon completion of a successful Kickstarter campaign, Wisecrack Games moves into full production to complete the game.

Sincerely,
Wisecrack Games
Posted By: smulan

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 08:58 AM

If Lowe is suing Wegrzyn the 10.000$ pledge tier has to be rearranged I suppose.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 03:19 PM

I have written a blog post on the issue:

http://www.steve-ince.co.uk/blog/?p=1125

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 03:39 PM

Thank you Steve! I appreciate your insight and look forward to the game going forward. It sounds like a winner to me!

Ana wave

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 03:45 PM

Thanks, Ana.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 11:42 PM

Al Lowe has commented on Replay Games site: http://www.replaygamesinc.com/blog/2012/05/al-lowe-and-sam-suede/ he's not suing and Wisecrack has his permission to use his name and likeness, though he is not currently involved with the game.

I'm a minimum level supporter now.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 05/31/12 11:46 PM

I was in it because of Steve Ince as well as Al Lowe so I am happy to stay aboard. Since much of it was already done with Al Lowe previously as was stated in the kickstarter, it will still have a Al Lowe touch for those that are a fan of his.

Ana wave
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/01/12 05:48 AM

Yeah, I'm in too because of Steve smile

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/01/12 04:59 PM

Here is an update:
Quote:
Hello, I’m Ken Wegrzyn of WiseCrack Games - one of the creators of Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - a game that’s just HARD enough! When I wrote that tagline, I never realized exactly how HARD it would be.

As many of you know, several years back, I had a vision for a NEW comedy adventure game. Al Lowe even came out of retirement to support developing the concept of Sam Suede with me. And it’s also been an honor to get the recent support from a veteran designer like Steve Ince.

For years, I have been working to make Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure a reality, and I’m asking for your support to make that happen!

I just wanted to take the ideas that Al and I have already created, and, with the continued support of creatives like Steve Ince and an experienced developer (which I’ll announce in just a bit) deliver Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure into the hands of gamers so you can enjoy the kind of creativity and humor that doesn’t really exist in game play today. That’s my main goal!

Because of the importance of the Kickstarter community, the wider gaming community, and the respect I have for the opinions of everyone involved, I’ve decided to address the issues that have recently been connected with Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure in this update. Truth and integrity are important to me and in the interests of all, our Kickstarter page now clearly shows everyone’s involvement.

For absolute clarification, Al Lowe created the original design with me. Moving forward we are developing that design to completion with Steve Ince and an experienced developer.

You, as part of the community, have shown us your power and it’s this power we hope to maximize in making the game the best we possibly can. Through Kickstarter, this community of gamers is the most important part of the team and a part we are happy to listen to throughout the project, which is why you can help make this a successful campaign.

Al Lowe is an eminent pillar of game development history. Everyone has great respect and love for both him and the games he has created over the years, especially me. I am also very proud of the Sam Suede design that Al and I created and excited by the opportunity to bring this to completion.

I am well aware that it is the community’s love of Al that prompted concerns. Not only were you right to bring them to our attention, I hope that you will continue to do so on any thoughts you may have that will help us deliver the game that you want.

Now as part of this first update, I’m excited to announce that our partner to bring Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure to life, is our developer, Wizarbox!

Wizarbox’s experience in the adventure game genre and their attention to quality and detail made them a natural fit for our project. Their experienced team has a strong track record of developing and converting top content for several major publishers and clients worldwide. Games they worked on included Realms of Ancient War, Gray Matter, So Blonde, and Morgane and the Golden Turtle. They will be using the Unity engine that will help us deliver Sam Suede to PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. We are very pleased to have Wizarbox as a partner for Sam Suede!

Thanks to everyone for your patience, and I trust that I have clarified matters to your satisfaction. Also, a huge thanks to those that have already pledged, and to those who have not, please consider supporting the Sam Suede project!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/01/12 05:58 PM

Thanks Ana! wave
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/01/12 10:20 PM

Thanks Ana for posting the updates, you are so grand. smile

I am supporting this project and hope others will too, it's always difficult to get a good adventure game project going. And funding is always the hardship - not a lack of creativity.

I wanted to add, that I can not believe someone would be so reckless as to make statements that could kill a solid project (when it is has just started funding efforts) and cast serious insult on people with well deserved sterling reputations. You just do not say certain things unless you have all the facts.

Steve Ince is one of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to know. So I was pleased to see another person I admire, Al Lowe - clarify the situation.

Apologies for the angst - but I felt I needed to speak up is all.

Now back to dancing happy for all the great games coming down the road soon smile

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/02/12 12:51 AM

Thanks Gatorlaw, I hope that this hasn't tarnished the game any and I too hope that the game gets the funding it needs.

Ana wave

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/02/12 07:28 AM

While I understand people's scepticism following certain claims, I am very touched by all those who have been very supportive. We really hope this can be turned around for the benefit of the fans.

Wisecrack are responding to the way people feel because they genuinely don't want to deceive or mislead. I hope the recent changes to the Kickstarter page will clarify everyone's position.

Thanks
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/02/12 09:29 AM

Hi Steve, thought I would respond here too. smile

We're all behind you here and know you have nothing to do with the debacle.
I'm hoping if it fails this time around, that they will make another attempt later.
This game deserves to be made smile

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/02/12 09:39 AM

Thank you so much.
Posted By: venus

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/03/12 08:15 PM

This looks so good, but I can't afford another Kickstarter right now. frown Hoping I'll have some extra funds before July 15th. If not, will definitely get the game when it comes out. yes

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/05/12 07:15 PM

There is a fun little video here by Steve Ince.

Ana wave

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/05/12 07:27 PM

Thanks for the post, Ana. You beat me to it. laugh

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/05/12 07:39 PM

I'm on it Steve! lol At least I try to be. wink

Ana wave

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/06/12 12:01 AM

Loved the video.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/06/12 08:21 AM

Thanks, I'm pleased you liked it. I had fun while recording it. smile

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/14/12 07:50 PM

I just thought I'd let you know that a new update has just been posted on the Sam Suede Kickstarter page. A video in which I talk at a high level about the kind of gameplay you can expect.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787...a81c20d4f45c5fb

More videos to follow.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/14/12 07:51 PM

You beat me to it!

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/14/12 08:41 PM

Thanks Steve! yay

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/16/12 04:43 PM

A new update on the Kickstarter page has just been posted - new reward tiers.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787675232/sam-suedetm-in-undercover-exposure/posts

Thanks.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/16/12 04:57 PM

I am hoping this one will kick into gear soon Steve. I really think it can be a fun game. Fingers and toes crossed!

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/16/12 05:07 PM

Thanks, we hope so, too. The Wisecrack guys are working on pushing the KS along during the weekend and onwards.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/18/12 08:42 PM

Update number 8 - a quick tour around the Wizarbox development studio

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787675232/sam-suedetm-in-undercover-exposure/posts

smile

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/18/12 08:59 PM

yay

Ana wave

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/29/12 04:47 AM

Update #10: Sam Suede Kickstarter Cancellation Notice http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787675232/sam-suedetm-in-undercover-exposure/posts frown

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/29/12 07:54 AM

I'd like to thank everyone here who has been so supportive. Hopefully the re-grouping won't take too long.

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/29/12 02:51 PM

I'm sorry Steve. I got my notice yesterday. I'll be there ready to support you the next time around.

Ana wave

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/29/12 02:54 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: venus

Re: Steve Ince Announces KickStarter for Sam Suede™ in Undercover Exposure - 06/29/12 06:46 PM

Sorry to see the Kickstarter was cancelled. frown If you start another campaign, I will definitely pledge to it!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community