GB HOMEPAGE

1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released!

Posted By: Carla

1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/25/12 05:51 PM

After a very long wait (the game was announced in 2009) Phantomery Interactive, developer of Sublustrum (Outcry), finally made it!
Their game "Phobos 1953" has been renamed "1953 - The power of the KGB" and finally found a publisher, the german UIG.

Quote:
UIG, a leading German Game publisher, have today announced that 1953 – KGB Unleashed will release on PC on July 6th from all leading digital distribution outlets with a recommended retail price of €19.99, and in Q3 from high street retail outlets.
Developed by Phantomery Interactive, 1953 – KGB Unleashed is a tense and atmospheric First Person Adventure set deep within the bowels of a Soviet bunker during the Cold War. Players must uncover the dark and horrifc secrets buried within, fighting their own paranoia along the way as well as the possibility of all-too-real terrors within the bunker.
Are the voices emanating from all around you real, or just an hallucination resulting from your isolation?
Will you manage to escape into the warm embrace of daylight, or will you be trapped within the foreboding menace of the bunker? Only in 1953 – KGB Unleashed can the answers be found!

Check the Gallery for screenshots, and if you want to know more, you can visit the original Phobos Website.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/25/12 06:07 PM

Great news! Thanks Carla!
Posted By: MaG

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/25/12 06:43 PM

Thanks, Carla.
Posted By: Mordack

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/25/12 08:46 PM

Wonder if there'll be another "didn't see that coming" moment? Looking forward to playing this one.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/25/12 09:15 PM

Thanks, Carla. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/25/12 10:51 PM

Good news !! Thanks, Carla thumbsup
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/26/12 12:06 AM

Thanks Carla, but I assume this is a German release only and no word yet for an English release.....right?
Posted By: Becky

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/26/12 12:47 AM

GreyFuss -- Carla is investigating as we speak! Our impression is that it's the English version, but we're getting confirmation.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/26/12 12:48 AM

Thank you Miss Becky...and Carla for checking
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/26/12 05:29 PM

Woot! I hope it's english. Wanted this one for a while.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/26/12 10:06 PM

Thanks Carla for the news. smile
Posted By: marie

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/26/12 10:08 PM

Fingers crossed for that English version, this one sound like my kind of game.

Thanks Carla bravo
Posted By: cruise02

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/27/12 12:58 AM

I hope this will be pure adventure, no fighting/self-defense/killing/quick reflexes needed?

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/27/12 04:01 AM

Pretty sure, cruise, that it will be much like Sublustrum, no fighting or reflexes needed:) But it is somewhat creepy, nothing too bad though. Think Dark Fall creepy.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/27/12 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: jfcwilson
Pretty sure, cruise, that it will be much like Sublustrum, no fighting or reflexes needed:) But it is somewhat creepy, nothing too bad though. Think Dark Fall creepy.

Oh, yes, I'm familiar with the first Dark Fall game, although I've played DF Lights Out, but I haven't played DF Lost Souls, even though I have it as a d/l from a few yrs ago, and backed up on a disk.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/28/12 04:20 PM

I got the official confirmation that Phobos will be released in english too, and will be available in UK.
I'm waiting for further details happydance

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/28/12 04:24 PM

Thanks for all your hard work birthday girl.

I hope the further details will include that they mean it will be voiced in English and not just subtitles and that the same will be released on July 6th as the original press release stated or that they mean that it will be released eventually in English,
Posted By: Becky

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/28/12 04:42 PM

Thanks for keeping us in the know, Carla. grin

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/28/12 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Thanks for all your hard work birthday girl.

I hope the further details will include that they mean it will be voiced in English and not just subtitles and that the same will be released on July 6th as the original press release stated or that they mean that it will be released eventually in English,

Yeah, me, too, GF. But subtitles work for me just fine, in fact, I, personally, like subtitles better than voices in the game.

But if the game is being released/available in the UK, GF, and both you and I are based in the USA, how are we going to get the game for ourselves, unless I look for it on the TP?

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/28/12 04:46 PM

I have to say that I made lots of questions and I got only a couple of answers lol
but I'm confident that soon or later I will get the whole picture, especially if and when the game will be released in USA or by digital download

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/28/12 05:03 PM

Cruise, Dave at InteractCd hasn't failed us yet on getting imports.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/28/12 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Cruise, Dave at InteractCd hasn't failed us yet on getting imports.

Thanks, BET - maybe I'll go to him for my copy (that is depending on the price, since we have to tighten our belts to save up for the home improvment project - new roof, dormer extension, new garage, and addition to house, which will at least take us into summer 2013 to get this done).
Posted By: Mad

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/29/12 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Carla
I got the official confirmation that Phobos will be released in english too, and will be available in UK.
I'm waiting for further details happydance

Thank you, Carla !! You are so good at getting news for us thumbsup

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 06/30/12 08:51 PM

If the voiceover translation of sublustrum is any indication I think I will prefer subtitles too.
And yay Carla! Thanks so much for the info.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/06/12 06:26 PM

Guys, the announcement (in the original post) says the game will be released on July 6, I just checked Interact to see if Dave had it in stock, no go - what gives???

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/06/12 07:59 PM

Cruise, the game is being released in Europe, Dave is in California. It has to be available before he can import it.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/06/12 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Cruise, the game is being released in Europe, Dave is in California. It has to be available before he can import it.

Er, how exactly does this work - I thought if the game is being released in Europe, can't Dave just import it from Europe when its released? headscratch

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/06/12 08:43 PM

Today is July 6th. If the game released on time it would just now be going out to stores. Dave would still need to secure some copies snd get them shipped here. And that depends on if he can get it at a reasonable cost. Some times the cost to import raises the price to a point that it doesn't make sense for him to get it because people won't buy it at a higher cost.

Cruise, I just re-read Carla's first post. If you note it says it will be released via download today and available retail later.
Posted By: kjos

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 03:34 PM

I see GamersGate has the english for $15. Game looks good but don't know very much about it.
Richard
Posted By: rmt

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 04:38 PM

I thought from the US you could buy from Amazon in the UK, don't they ship worldwide? Certainly Amazon France ships to Canada and the UK...

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 04:44 PM

Amazon UK will not ship Games to the US or Canada.

I can't read French to see if games are available on the French site. lol

Ana wave

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 04:51 PM

Playing the game right now.
Posted By: rmt

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 04:53 PM

Ana, you are right, although you can get many things delivered to Canada and US from Amazon UK, it appears video games are an exception (although many other countries mostly in Europe can get delivery from the UK):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=524836

The game industry must have a tight control over distribution...

Amazon France delivers to Europe only, same countries as UK:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=548590

And for instant translation of any page in any language, I suggest you download Google Toolbar, it asks you if you wish to translate at a click of a button:

http://www.google.com/toolbar/ie/index.html

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 05:04 PM

How do you like it Greyfuss?

rmt, there are not too many places overseas that will ship games to the US. I assume it must have something to do with governing laws or they would snap up the opportunity.

Ana wave

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 05:28 PM

Playing the game right now.

How did you get the game, GF - d/l it?

Is it already released?

Where did you get it?

EDIT - its not listed on US Amazon.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 06:26 PM

Cruise it is not released on a disk yet and it won't be on amazon here unless it gets a us publisher.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 06:56 PM

GamersGate had it for download.
Richard

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/07/12 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
GamersGate had it for download.
Richard

Oh - I reckon that's where GF got it?

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/08/12 01:22 AM

it's a great game and there is a walkthrough on the program. Looked at the WT a few times. Point and click.Move the mouse to look around.
Richard
Posted By: kolique

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/08/12 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
it's a great game and there is a walkthrough on the program. Looked at the WT a few times. Point and click.Move the mouse to look around.
Richard

Curious.. Where did you get that WT? I've been looking all over. Nothing yet on the net, and there isn't one in-game either..? Also I only have voice on my game. Can't choose subtitles anywhere... strange....

If someone does have the walkthrough, please do share smile

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/08/12 08:33 PM

A PDF of the Manual and Walkthrough should have been installed with the game.

Start + Programs + 1953 KGB Unleashed + PDF 1953 KGB Unleashed Manual & Walkthrough

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/08/12 08:48 PM

Right on GreyFuss thats where I found the WT. There are no subtitles.
Richard

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/08/12 11:30 PM

I found this site OnePlay that got it in digital download, you can pay by Paypal, I enquiry and they answered me that the download is available for USA too.

wave

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/18/12 03:09 PM

Found the game's pdf w/t, made a copy of this and put it on my desktop for later printing - but I'd like to know if since this w/t has 30 "russian document" pages, which amount to a total of 17 pdf pages, is this the complete w/t from the beginning to the end of the game, or is it only a sample w/t that's just to get you started?

I'd like to know before I print it out in case someone might (possibily MaG?) post a real, complete/full w/t that I'd better spend my ink(and money) on if I wait long enough?

EDIT - Just wanted to let you guys know I bought 1953 KGB (Phobos) via Gamers Gate a few moments ago, installed it, and watched the intro, may play later.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/18/12 03:32 PM

Cruise

The PDF Walkthrough included in the installation of the game is complete. Because of this I wouldn't think another walkthrough is needed, the game is very short.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/18/12 03:52 PM

Cruise

The PDF Walkthrough included in the installation of the game is complete. Because of this I wouldn't think another walkthrough is needed, the game is very short.

Gee, I thought these new releases were supposed to get increasingly longer (higher res graphics, more coding, bigger files, which make these games take longer to finish than these old DOS games used to), so wonder why 1953 is such a short game - is it b/c of lack of lengthy Russian documents (yes, I understand this game's graphics/artwork is based/drawn using real Russian documents) meaning these Russian docs were in short supply?
Posted By: Rahrah

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/21/12 03:17 PM

Anyone know anything about this game? Its at Gamers Gate,among others. I`m tempted to buy but I hate to plunk money down totally blind...

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/21/12 03:45 PM

Rahrah, I merged you into this thread. YOu may find some answers here.

Ana wave

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/21/12 05:46 PM

Thanks. Somehow I missed the original thread. Missing a lot of things lately LOL.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/21/12 08:03 PM

Not a problem Rahrah! Let us know what you think if you play. yay

Ana wave

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/28/12 07:01 PM

I`m finally seeing some reviews online and they seem to say the game is only about three hours long. It will have to be $10 or less for this cheapo to buy it...

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 07/31/12 04:11 AM

I'd tend to agree, although I'd pay as much as $20 if it's as good or better as sublustrum.
I don't mind short games personally. A game is its own right length.

Re: 1953 - The power of the KGB aka Phobos soon released! - 08/04/12 02:20 PM

Sublustrum, better known as Outcry, is IMHO one of the all-time greats. I could never understand why it wasn`t more appreciated. For anyone waiting for a good game to come out, its only $5 at The Adventure Shop and perhaps their biggest bargain...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community