GB HOMEPAGE

Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced!

Posted By: Carla

Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/23/12 02:02 PM

Roll The Drums! Sound The Trumpets! Here comes the news that all of us have been waiting since long time!
Revolution Software announced the Kickstarter project for the funding of Broken Sword-The Serpent's Curse, go and support the game HERE!

Quote:
Revolution Software today unveils the first details of the latest game in the phenomenal Broken Sword series – and invites fans to join the adventure from the very beginning by supporting the project through the Kickstarter crowd-funding site.
Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse will be the fifth title in the much-loved series, reuniting George Stobbart and Nico Collard for their most explosive adventure yet. The game will be available on PC, Mac, iOS and Android in early 2013 – but fans can begin their adventure now by making a pledge on Kickstarter.
For $15, a digital copy of the game will be made available on release, along with a host of bonus material. Additional rewards are available at higher tiers with the opportunity to own original Broken Sword artwork, signed game design documents, personalised drawings from the art team, personalised messages from the game’s actors, a mention in the game, a fine array of merchandise clothing and even an invitation to the project wrap party in one of the game’s exotic locations.
“The process of game development has previously been remote from our fans,” says Charles Cecil, managing director, Revolution Software. “By self publishing, we now have a direct relationship with our audience – a position that we value enormously.”
“We’re delighted that the latest Broken Sword title is to be the first of our adventures that we can take with our fans. By pledging support now, we’ll be going on a journey which will end when the opening credits roll – it’s going to be excellent.”
“Crucially, Kickstarter support will enable us to create – for the very first time – an adventure game with total creative freedom.”

To coincide with the announcement, Revolution has released a teaser video, outlining the opening moments of the game and offering clues to additional characters and content, which is available on the game’s Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165500047/571759710?token=82310820

There is only one word to add: hooray!!!!!!!

happydance
Posted By: MaG

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/23/12 02:28 PM

Thanks, Carla! bravo
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/23/12 02:55 PM

Woo! Count me in. yay Thanks Carla!
Posted By: Becky

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/23/12 03:02 PM

Great trailer. grin I like the cable car stunt idea. broccoli
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/23/12 03:50 PM

Great! Great! Great News! Heaven with the door shut. Yeah..Cant wait.

Maggsie
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/23/12 07:06 PM

This looks like a beautiful and really interesting game! This is - of course - one of my favorite series -- next to Gabriel Knight and Tex Murphy. I like the look of the 2D graphics. Will definitely contribute. smile wink happydance thumbsup praise bravo hearts rah
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/23/12 11:02 PM

Wow that looks fantastic. Thanks Carla for the info.
Cathy
Posted By: Mad

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/24/12 09:08 AM

Thanks, Carla smile

I'm definitely contributing yes

But I'm really disappointed that $100 is required to secure a disk version. [Much too expensive for me rolleyes]
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/24/12 09:46 AM

How exciting! Thanks Carla for the link! thumbsup
Posted By: venus

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/24/12 03:33 PM

Thanks, Carla! I pledged! happydance woot rah

Mad, I know what you mean about the box version. I probably won't be able to get it either because it's so expensive. frown I'll have to wait and see how many hours I'm getting next month, but if it's anything like this month, I'll have to settle for the 15 dollar level. Hey, at least the game is DRM free. thumbsup

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/24/12 06:30 PM

Truth is, the extras that come with the tiers are costing the developers the bulk of the money they are supposed to be using on making the games. I believe the newer kickstarters will be more in tune with what is needed to be successful by learning from others that have completed funding. Physical copies cost a whole lot to make and send out.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/24/12 06:35 PM

I've often wondered why they offer all those extras. If people want the game to be made, surely that means more to them than T shirts and mugs and a life-size replica of George Stobbart or whatever they're using for bait. I honestly don't get it.

Gil.

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/24/12 06:55 PM

Agreed Gil!

There is an excellent article on how the money went on a big game funding and I can't find it at the moment. When I can remember where it was, I'll post the link. It explains alot.

Ana wave
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/25/12 03:21 AM

Whooooo! I'm so happy...I had no idea that this was coming. Thanks so much Carla!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/25/12 07:00 AM

I received my email update and the charcter of George looks fabulous. Just like in the original two games !!!! bravo bravo bravo
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/25/12 08:26 AM

All the "extras" and the $100 for the disc is exactly why I won't be contributing. Forget the extras, do the disc!
Posted By: marie

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/25/12 04:05 PM

I signed on for thr $15.00 level. Its a lot of money to raise in just 27 days, I hope they make it because the Broken Sword is very much one of my favorite adventure games.

Marie smile
Posted By: rmt

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/25/12 07:40 PM

I pledged $15 as well, it really looks like they are going to make it. They are at $222,671 of a $400,000 goal, with 27 days to go.

They said they would be making the game whether the Kickstarter campaign is successful or not. In their case they should get the money either way, it would be very disappointing if they don't reach their goal and don't get any money.
Posted By: Melia

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/26/12 03:24 PM

Thanks! I'm in!
Posted By: barlouwin

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/26/12 07:35 PM

Im in for this just pledged $15 I love Broken sword.
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/26/12 08:09 PM

Question here. What will the interface be? The Kickstarter page says point and click. Does that mean not WASD by definition? I am not a fan of WASD...makes me think of crates and ledge leaping as I'm sure others do as well.
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/26/12 09:33 PM

Have put my bid in, really hope they make their target. Looks promising.
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/26/12 10:11 PM

wink

I'm all in for this one. Not sure yet which level to chose though.

Cheers! happydance
Posted By: Becky

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/26/12 11:43 PM

Point and click means the mouse, not WASD.
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/27/12 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Point and click means the mouse, not WASD.

Point with the mouse, click with the mouse! crazy

I just hope they don't use that crazy compass movement interface a la Tales of Monkey Island...
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/27/12 07:02 PM

Or even point and click with heaving ship in heavy seas.

However, having been assured on the no WASD issue, I will contribute after hurricane.

Re: Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Kickstarter project announced! - 08/28/12 09:31 PM

Stay safe 8dognight!

THe kickstarter is doing well! yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community