GB HOMEPAGE

Syberia III is on its way!!!!!

Posted By: Carla

Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 04:17 PM

After a lot of teasing, finally they confirm it!

Quote:
Montreuil, 26 November 2012. A few days before the "Game Connection Europe", French software publisher Anuman Interactive has announced a deal with author Benoit Sokal and confirmed that the game "Syberia III" (to be marketed under the Microïds label) will be created.More than three years after acquiring Microïds and few days after unveiling the future "Dracula: the Shadow of the Dragon", software publisher Anuman Interactive has announced a piece of news that video game enthusiasts have been eagerly awaiting: the "Syberia III" project is underway, with Benoit Sokal (who wrote the first two Syberia) and Elliot Grassiano (the founder of Microïds) heading it up.

Benoit Sokal has just signed a deal with Anuman Interactive to write the script of "Syberia III" for 2013, while Elliot Grassiano (who founded Microïds in 1985 and made the company famous worldwide) will oversee, as Vice President of Microïds Unit, the development of new publications under the Microïds label.

Anuman Interactive has taken yet another step forward in its determination to become one of the main international names in adventure games.“After two long years of waiting for the fans, with Benoit writing the script and Elliot joining our team, “Syberia” has truly entered its production phase. With its incredible feel and the sheer quality of the game, Syberia has carved out a special place for itself in gamers’ hearts. They are more than ever expecting the next instalment. Today, fans of the series and adventure games enthusiasts have at last been rewarded for the patience,” says Anuman’s General Manager, Stéphane Longeard.

Benoit Sokal, who is working as Artistic Director on the Syberia saga, adds : “I’m very pleased to be creating another Kate Walker adventure and working with Anuman Interactive’s teams on the project. I created the first two episodes of Syberia with Elliot, so I’m also really happy to be able to create this new one with him and illustrate the evolution of Anuman as a significant player in the adventure games industry.”

"Syberia III" is a multiplatform game scheduled for release in 2014-2015.

rah
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 04:20 PM

This is wonderful news. The Syberia games are among my all-time absolute favourites.

We just have to be patient for 2/3 years now. laugh

Thanks, Carla!
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 04:20 PM

great news , i can't wait. one of the greatest games i have played
Posted By: Marian

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 04:24 PM

Amazing news! Thank you, Carla! woot wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 04:27 PM

Nice.... looking forward to playing this,thanks for the information
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 04:31 PM

Oh my, that's the best gaming news I've read all year!!! smile
Thank you Carla!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 04:38 PM

Good news that they're going to make use of their properties.
I don't know where they get "two long years" from though
Quote:
“After two long years of waiting for the fans, with Benoit writing the script and Elliot joining our team, “Syberia” has truly entered its production phase.

Syberia 2 was published in 2004, which means fans have been waiting 8 years for a sequel, not just 2. So it's not just "two long years," it's "eight longer years."
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 05:06 PM

Too cool for words!
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 05:50 PM

I knew there was another good reason for me to replay both the earlier Syberias right now. This is so exciting!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 06:19 PM

Well I never thought it would actually happen but I'm very happy that it has !! happydance

And thank you for that great news, Carla thumbsup
Posted By: rmt

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 06:31 PM

Dear me, this must be the best signed yet that we are out of the recession (was it a great depression?), and the end of the adventure games blackout.

Anuman must have made some money porting all the Microïds and White Birds games to iPad and Mac. That is all I have been doing these last few months, buying these games again and again for all platforms.
Posted By: marie

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 08:19 PM

rahOMG that wonderful news santadance
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 08:35 PM

Love Syberia games. I can't wait!!!! happydance
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 08:40 PM

Hi, Carla!

I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st grin !

Thanks for the wonderful news! First we hear that another Tex Murphy game is in the works, and now Syberia 3. Can't get much better than that ... except, of course, if we hear that another Gabriel Knight game is on its way lol !

Susan
Posted By: dianne

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 08:46 PM

this is wonderful news Syberia3. been a few years didn't think they would ever make a another one guess miracles happen. dianne happydance
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 09:01 PM

This is absolutely, fantastically awesome news!
Gaming just hit a new high note in anticipation for Syberia 3. woot
Posted By: UruKat

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 09:29 PM

OMG!!! One of my all time faves! Can't wait! happydance
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 09:30 PM

WooHoo!!!!! Can't wait!!!!
Posted By: venus

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 09:44 PM

eek Wow, that's fantastic news!! What with Dreamfall Chapters and Syberia III both on the way, it feels like the early 2000's all over again. It's even the third installment for each game series. grin

Just added this to my list of several highly anticipated adventure games. Thanks Carla, for the great news! presents12
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 10:30 PM

Really, really great news smile

And they said adventure games were dead crazy

And yes, together with Dreamfall Chapters it looks like a bright future for our hobby smile
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/26/12 10:54 PM

Very good news indeed, this with Broken sword 5 and Dreamfall chapters coming out is great!
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 12:32 AM

Oh wow! This is wonderful news. Syberia (1&2) are my very favorite games. I have 2 copies of each, you never know when you might need a spare. lol
My granddaughter recently put Syberia 1 on my PC for us to play again! Wait until I tell her there is definitely going to be a III! Thank you for the heads-up.
YES! penguin
urock
Terri
Posted By: ergggo

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 02:20 AM

I'd consider an announcement of any game by Sokal to be great news. That it's Syberia III leaves me searching for a word a couple of notches above "great".

Thanks, Carla!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 11:34 AM

santadance What exciting news! Thanks for the update Carla! santadance
Posted By: BobH

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 12:06 PM

Wonderful news! These are without question my favorite adventure games. I'm so happy to hear that III is moving forward.

Now I will try to forget about it, if possible, so I won't be constantly thinking about it.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 12:15 PM

Carla, this news just made my day! santadance yay12 penguin
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 01:53 PM

Great news!! Sokal could write a bum check and I'd buy it. His games are tops.

Barb
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 03:22 PM

Hello,
This is great news, I really enjoyed the first 2 Syberia games. Sokal did a great job. so glad that he is doing Syberia 3. can't wait for it to come out.

kathy
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 05:11 PM

I just hope don't need a NASA super computer to play. Most of my friends, and myself haven't been able to afford to get new pcs-so we're using 4yr old ones (sometimes older). No trouble(so far) with the J Fisher III games or Dark Falls, but there are a few newer ones that just won't work (Black Mirror 2 for example-although not impressed with game itself-dull-and just about the time you'd finally get to go to UK-pffff-game wouldn't run anymore. phiddly). Have been playing quite a few casual games and most run just dandy-and have no complaints about most of the graphics either-but when you've got to be in an absolute downpour(the last Ravenhurst)we get bogged down, the new MCF offering, which I had been so looking forward to is a no go for my pc. don't know why.and is not just my pc...so many problems .
BUT getting back to topic!!! Will so enjoy a new Syberia 3-and just hope they don't think gobs of fog,rain,or smoke is truly Atmosphere ! It Is the writing and gread movement and artwork but you don't have to blow it all over with rain,etc.
Posted By: manxman

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 07:08 PM

Great news. Thank you Carla wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 07:15 PM

Thanks Carla,Wonderful news! wave santadance
Posted By: bigmamma1

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 07:47 PM

rah Three Cheers!
Best news to hit the Adventure world yet-can't wait to play it
Posted By: connie

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 09:09 PM

yay12 Wonderful news happydance
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 09:47 PM

Great, I'm looking forward to seeing the Youki again. happydance
Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/27/12 11:41 PM

YAY!!! I miss Kate Walker...loved all of Syberia..very awesome game..
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/28/12 02:03 AM

As someone else already noted, with this announcement and Dreamfall Chapters on the (distant) horizon...I am a very happy gamer.
Jeanne
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/28/12 04:23 AM

Do you think they will bring back Oscar!?!?!?!?!...OMG!
Posted By: bigmamma1

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/28/12 05:11 PM

i'm dying to see what happens to her after she
Click to reveal..
rides off on the giant mammoth
!
Posted By: Lotus777

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/28/12 10:51 PM

Super news. Will Try to be patient...after all, didn't know if this would ever happen or not!! Will have to play all of them together. Thank you so much Carla, for telling us the good news!! happydance
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/28/12 11:02 PM

yay12 YAY yay12
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/28/12 11:36 PM

Wow I am so very excited to see we are
gonna get a Syberia III I loved all the
other ones.

happydance smile grin
Posted By: Billy the Kid 64

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/29/12 12:43 AM

A wounderful series and I think this will keep it going
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/29/12 03:40 PM

Great News ! bravo Great Series ! thumbsup Can't wait ! yay12
Posted By: blackbird

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/30/12 05:36 AM

Thanks Carla, I too love these games and will be looking forward to playing Syberia III
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 11/30/12 02:46 PM

Great news tho another 2 - 3 years is a looooooong wait puppy
Posted By: Imari

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 12/01/12 04:29 PM

I wasn't expecting this. Great news. Can't wait to follow in Kate's footsteps again. :)
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Syberia III is on its way!!!!! - 12/02/12 05:19 PM

loved the first 2 laugh

thanks this is amazing news
© 2024 GameBoomers Community