GB HOMEPAGE

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now

Posted By: Carla

The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 06:45 PM

Nordic Games today released The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles for PC, MAC and Linux on all major e-tailers with a special promotion.

The hilarious launch trailer is available to view HERE.

Quote:
The Critter Chronicles is the prequel to the highly acclaimed The Book of Unwritten Tales (BoUT), where the magic from when Nate first met Critter can be discovered. Players can assume the role of either character in this stand-alone Add-On.

The Critter Chronicles is out today for PC, MAC and Linux on Steam and other major e-tailers. For one week only, until December 12th, both the Standard Edition and the Digital Deluxe Edition will be available for a discounted price of £14.39 and £15.99 respectively.

“We’re extremely excited to give players who enjoyed playing BoUT the chance to extend the story and go back to the beginning of the tale,” said Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Manager Nordic Games. “The game is packed full of charm that will not only appeal to adventure and fantasy gamers who have played the game before but also those who haven’t.”

The beautiful and emotional tale travels from the Northlands to the Mage's Tower of Seastone and experience an additional story before The Book of Unwritten Tales. Along the way players will meet new characters including an animal rights activist Petra, a schizophrenic Yeti, and the Critters.

Players can then travel onto The Book of Unwritten Tales which is available to purchase on Steam now. The critically acclaimed BoUT continues the story of the friendship between Nate and Critter in the witty and adorable tale.

Posted By: Marian

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 06:47 PM

Thanks, Carla! Lots of folks looking forward to playing this one. presents12 wave12
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 06:49 PM

Thanks ,Carla

The trailer is Funny rotfl12
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 06:49 PM

Thanks for the news, Carla! thumbsup12
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 07:29 PM

Thanks Carla. Doe's anyone know what the digital deluxe version consists of ?
Posted By: venus

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 07:44 PM

Thanks, Carla! Getting the GOG version now! bravo12 happydance12 santadance

EDIT: Is anyone else having problems using the PayPal option for GOG? I kept getting the message that it was going to redirect me, and then it never did. I ended up using my card in the end, but I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else as well?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 07:58 PM

Digital Extras Include:

Making Of Book
Soundtrack (12 tracks)
Making of Video
Making of Voice Overs

smile12
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 08:06 PM

Thanks Carla! woot
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 10:45 PM

Wow !! broccoli12 Thanks, Carla santadance
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/05/12 11:18 PM

Thanks Rushes.
Cathy
Posted By: dianne

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/06/12 04:21 AM

I am going to hold out for the boxed copy that and harveys new eyes rather have the boxed copy I hate downloads besides they look nice on my shelf I will probably have to hunt down the boxed copies. that's ok dianne sherlock
Posted By: UruKat

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/08/12 03:54 PM

Just watched the trailer....it's hilarious! The writers of this game have such a great sense of humor.
The Adventure Shop has the download on sale for $15.99. Has anyone played it yet?
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles out now - 12/08/12 08:02 PM

I guess it's just me, but I've watched this trailer 3 times now, and still don't see the "hilarious".

I'm currently playing The Book of Unwritten Tales and finding it to be okay (nothing exceptional). If The Critter Chronicles comes out on disc, I'm sure I'll buy it but....
© 2024 GameBoomers Community