GB HOMEPAGE

Reviews of Games

Posted By: hamer

Reviews of Games - 12/15/12 08:39 PM

Sometimes you read a review and may not agree with the score they gave. maybe a section after a review for user comments etc or maybe that is done here in the forums. Im just saying this because if one person rates a game low, there maybe people reading the review and making their mind up whether or not to buy a game based on it....
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/15/12 10:00 PM

Hi hamer,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to add a comments box to a published review. That's why reviews are posted as a linked thread in the forum here, for members to discuss. thumbsup12 The Boomer Reviews forum is another way to post your personal opinions of a game and place your own grade as you see it. Reviews there get plenty of hits! yes

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/15/12 10:15 PM

ahh...I have never been to the reviews forum....that is greeat...Thanx Rushes for pointing that out
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/15/12 10:57 PM

Looking forward to your reviews there Hamer!

Ana wave12
Posted By: Marian

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 12:17 AM

Yes, I'd like to read your reviews too, hamer. smile12

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 02:04 AM

lol...ok

Lost Chronicles of Zerthura---very good
Chains of Satinav----Very good
Posted By: Marian

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: hamer
lol...ok

Short, sweet, and to the point! lol12 wave12
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 03:27 PM

I'm going to start using that format in my own reviews, it'll save no end of time! bravo12 wink12
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 05:57 PM

rotfl12

Ana wave12
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 06:01 PM

Okay, here are some of my reviews:

The Lost Crown - great
The Longest Journey - great
Culpa Innata - great
Jack Keane - a lot of fun

grin12
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 06:28 PM

Sometimes you read a review and may not agree with the score they gave.

I'm sure this happens all the time. My reviews are based upon my experience of playing the game. It would be outrageously narcissistic of me to claim that my reviews have any objective merit as pieces of ludic criticism. smile12 (Read the Brainy Gamer or Leigh Alexander if that's what you're looking for)

Im just saying this because if one person rates a game low, there maybe people reading the review and making their mind up whether or not to buy a game based on it....

Yes, game reviews on any site should be taken with a dose of salt, or caveat emptor (buyer beware), if you prefer. You find the sites or authors whose reviews you find helpful over time, and choose to avoid mine if you find you regularly disagree with me... and I'm just fine with that.

As for writing your own reviews; great, all power to your pen! Just make sure you tell us why you think a particular game is "great", rather than just stating your opinion. smile12
Posted By: Mad

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 10:30 PM

I will usually read reviews if and when they are available but I have to say they don't influence my "buy or not to buy" decision very much at all.

I tend to throw caution to the wind, risk everything, and just give a game a go !! lol12 lol12
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 11:02 PM

Like Mad, I may read the reviews but I'm not usually influencend by them. Only maybe if it's a really "buggy" game.

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/16/12 11:44 PM

First off I wasn't critisizing the game review as a whole. I thought it was very well done and appreciate the time taken to complete it. I just thought the game should have been ranked higher than a "b"...But yes i realize each one of us has a preference to games. I am not keen on Myst or Aura type games so if i were a reviewer I would certainly not do it justice.....Sorry if my comments came off as an attack on your review, quite the contrary.It is well done
Cheers cool

Movie critics always get rough time..why not game critics.. laugh
Posted By: venus

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/17/12 01:01 AM

Quote:
lol...ok

Quote:

Okay, here are some of my reviews:

The Lost Crown - great
The Longest Journey - great
Culpa Innata - great
Jack Keane - a lot of fun

rotfl12
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/17/12 11:49 AM

I find the reviews on GB help me make an informative decision on whether to buy a game. The reviews let you know if it's a point and click game,if there is a lot of conversation, difficult and timed section of play, possible dying etc.
I think the reviewers on GB are fair and accurate in their rating of games.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/17/12 02:54 PM

I tend to read the reviews only to pick up on how the game is played. Is it true Point and click? How's the interface? Is there a LOT of dialog? Any Glitches?

That's about it ! I'll probably wind up getting a game just because it's there!

As far as critics go, I would be the guy you ALL throw tomatoes, vegetables, and other garbage at... I'm very difficult to please and I am running into a bunch of bad games lately. rotfl12
Posted By: MaG

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/17/12 03:15 PM

This is GameBoomers Review Guidelines.

It might help understand the grading.

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/18/12 03:02 AM

Thanx Mag...That certainly clears it up
Posted By: MaG

Re: Reviews of Games - 12/18/12 03:13 AM

Thanks to Becky for getting those criteria up.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community