GB HOMEPAGE

Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 07:00 PM

FBI Agent Erica Reed meets her match in The Oracle, coming face to face with a gruesome past

You can view the video here.

You can view the Screens here.

Quote:
SAN JOSE, Calif. - May 16, 2013 - Phoenix Online Studios' episodic adventure game, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, continues today with Episode 3: The Oracle for PC and Mac. This chilling continuation of a psychic FBI agent's hunt for a serial killer can be downloaded from here and other online stores. The 4-part Cognition series will conclude in late summer with Episode 4: The Cain Killer.

Cognition's third episode picks up right where the last left off, with a body hurtling down the Enthon Towers' 33 stories to smash onto a parked police cruiser. When Erica arrives at the scene her post-cognitive powers kick into overdrive, presenting her with powerful visions of past murders and betrayals that occurred in this mysterious luxury apartment building. As Erica discovers more about the serial killer who's baiting her, she realizes that she's not the only one having visions. Now the only way to stop the Oracle is to step into the killer's shoes.

In this unique game, player control alternates between FBI agent and killer as Erica pieces together the past events that led to this moment. Before it's all over, players will make a series of gruesome discoveries regarding the case Erica most wants to solve: the murder of her own brother. With the same graphic novel art style, Fringe-like paranormal themes, and Saw-style horror sequences that the Cognition series has been heralded for since its debut last fall, The Oracle is a must-play adventure that builds to an unexpected and wrenching climax.

At CognitionGame.com/store, The Oracle sells for $9.99 individually, or in Season Pass bundles that allow players to catch up on the rest of the series at discounted prices. For one day only, Phoenix is offering the following special deals:
• The $9.99 individual episode comes with 5 free MP3 tracks from the game: http://store.postudios.com/products/cognition-episode-3
• The episode 3 & 4 bundle is on sale for $9.99 (regularly $14.99): http://store.postudios.com/products/cognition-season-upgrade-episodes-3-4
• The 4-episode Season Pass is on sale for $19.99 (regularly $29.99): http://store.postudios.com/products/cognition-s1-season-pass

These launch deals will end tomorrow, May 17, at 3:00pm Eastern / 12:00pm Pacific.

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller has had a strong showing on Steam Greenlight, where it has received more than 25k votes from Steam users who want it added to the service. People who want to support the effort can vote for Cognition here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 07:02 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 07:26 PM

I already bought the season's pass. Am I supposed to get an e mail with the new download?

Doreen
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 07:44 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: oldman

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: dorish
I already bought the season's pass. Am I supposed to get an e mail with the new download?

Doreen

I asked this same question on the Postudio forum and am waiting for a response. Maybe I'm just not patient enough.

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 08:06 PM

You and me both Oldman, We should have been sent an E mail. I saved my last response from them into my drafts on my e mail, and they sent me download links for both The Hangman and The Wise Monkey. I have been checking my e mail and there's nothing there.

Doreen
Posted By: oldman

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 08:36 PM

Got a reply on the Postudio board that said if you go to the email that gave you the previous episodes and follow that link, episode 3 will be available. However, I also got a new email giving me that link so am downloading as I type this.

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/16/13 08:44 PM

I just got the e mail too Oldman, --about to download. Now just have to wait for MaG's walkthrough.

Doreen
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/17/13 12:19 PM

Ive never understood why these episodic adventures are not released on Android as well. Seems an ideal combination to me - I think they'd sell like hotcakes as they tend to be cheaper as well.
Posted By: KatieHal

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/17/13 02:01 PM

Actually, a lot of it has to do with what kind of porting the engine supports. We're using Unity 3, which has iOS support, but IIRC they've only added Android (as well as Linux) in Unity 4. So once we upgrade (maybe by the end of the year?), we'll definitely be doing a Linux port, and quite possibly an Android tablet port as well. smile

Thanks guys, and enjoy the game!
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/17/13 02:27 PM

When you say Android tablet would that include Android phone as well?
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/17/13 06:16 PM

Downloading it now.
Posted By: venus

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/19/13 04:52 AM

Ah, once again, I'm behind. I'll have to download this tomorrow after work! woot Thanks Ana and Katie. happydance
Posted By: rmt

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/19/13 04:39 PM

Katie, any idea when the Mac version will be available? I bought it from gamersgate in the UK but they say there was a last minute problem with the Mac version. No ETA...

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/19/13 05:02 PM

mjc2: Right now, the game's only playable on tablets. You'd have to ask one of our programmers for the details on why, but I believe it has to do with the size/resolution needed for the screens? I could be wrong on exactly why, but I know it would require a significant amount of work to make them playable on phones.

rmt: It should be available now. There was a critical in just the Mac version last minute, but we've fixed it and sent the new version to distributors. If it's not up there now, you can always contact us with your receipt at help (at) postudios (dot) com and we'll be happy to set you up with a coupon code to get it at our store.
Posted By: rmt

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 05/22/13 01:08 AM

Thank you Katie, all sorted. I downloaded it from your website, but I see now that it can be downloaded on Gamersgate as well.

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 06/29/13 12:06 AM

I am very happy to announce that we have been Greenlit!! Thank you so much to everyone here for voting & supporting us--we are very excited to finally bring Cognition to Steam!!!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 06/29/13 12:13 AM

Wonderful news, Katie! Congrats! bravo
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Step Into a Killer's Shoes in Episode 3 of Cognition, A PC / Mac Adventure Game Released Today - 06/29/13 01:12 AM

It was a long road, which I personally found puzzling and I am so happy you all achieved your goal. You have a great team!

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community