GB HOMEPAGE

Memento Mori 2

Posted By: UruBoo

Memento Mori 2 - 05/21/14 12:08 AM

I finished it and can say that I enjoyed very much. It's a good game, with one thing that a like in an adventure game: very different puzzles and clever ones, some very hard. What I'm seeing here in the forum is many people complaining about "frustration" and "annoying" with some puzzles if you can't deal with them in a flash. We are becoming very immediatists. I never got bored, frustrated and annoyied because of any puzzle in this game, except for the yard puzzle with Keira, where you have to put clues in groups of 3. That one was really hard. What you really need is patience. And try another angle if what you thing the solution is is not working. For example: the spotlight in the church. Have you tried to get help for someone else in the game? The cop outside, maybe? What I'm saying is that you have to try other areas, places, talk to people and try to approach the problem from another perspective. Most puzzles can be done very easy this way. Of course, there are some developers that still insist in the old "trial-and-error" metod, which I really dislike. Just my 2 cents about on how you should try to resolve some puzzles, don't get mad with me.
Posted By: moses123

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/21/14 12:51 AM

I thought the same thing, but then I thought maybe some folks enjoy adventure games because they can use one finger from one hand, have a cup of tea in the other and just switch the ol' brain off... a kind of adventure solitaire... I do that sometimes and it breaks my immersion when I just get stuck. But other times I get frustrated that the game is just letting me get through too easily or using the same old same old type of puzzles....

Hence the old saying: You can't please all of the people all of the time... smile
Posted By: mcc

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/23/14 05:41 PM

I finished it too!

Very good game, most puzzles appropriate some not as much, good graphics.

I got the faith ending, I didn't understand much of the red scene "explaining" why and how things happened.
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/23/14 09:51 PM

Sounds promising smile I might try this one !
Posted By: Mad

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/24/14 04:00 AM

My toleration of of game puzzles entirely depends on how I'm feeling at the time yes

If I'm in a happy frame of mind I am very patient and enjoy working things out smile
But if I'm not, well I can very quickly get to the smashpc stage !!

Pretty naughty, huh ?? lol
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/24/14 09:29 PM

Mad - my toleration of game puzzles is similar. How I'm feeling at the time and how much I like or dislike the game.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/25/14 04:21 AM

Well, oldbroad, after reading the posts from all the people who are getting "stuck" in this game .... I think without MaG having given us one of her fabulous walkthroughs it would probably be one of those taz experiences for me !! lol
Posted By: sanford

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/25/14 06:59 PM

Hi fellow Boomers.
Does any body know if MM2 will be selling from other Game Sites other than STEAM?. I want a DRM copy of this game, and STEAM will not provide that to me, of course.
Sandy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/25/14 10:09 PM

sanford, I answered you in this thread.

Currently it is only available on steam.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 05/26/14 03:08 AM

Thanks, Ana. I know about STEAM, but I was "hoping" out loud that I could purchase it elsewhere in the near future. Happy Gaming.
Sandy
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 06/03/14 06:41 AM

I' m playing the game and I really like it!nice puzzles and a great story. happydance wave
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 06/06/14 04:39 AM

I loved the first one and this one is on my buy list.
Posted By: Callista

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 06/26/14 12:13 PM

Memento Mori 2 is so much better than the original game. At least 30+ hours playing time with great puzzles. Has good replay value too as you can go back to previous saves and make different choices and see a different ending. The only real fault with the game is in the localization from German to English which is accentuated when playing with captions. A solid B+. Great story.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Memento Mori 2 - 06/26/14 04:14 PM

Glad you enjoyed it.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community