GB HOMEPAGE

LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol-filled night to lose it.

Posted By: declerfayt

LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol-filled night to lose it. - 05/28/14 04:11 PM

LANCELOT'S HANGOVER

A whole life to find the Holy Grail
One alcohol-filled night to lose it

screen 1

screen 2

screen 3

Check out the video here.

Lancelot's first beta is available!
Free! 20-minute-long!

Including knights in underwear!

http://www.lancelotshangover.com/point-and-click-adventure-video-game/download

This first beta shows you the humour, the dialogs, the main characters and the graphical style of the game. A later beta, scheduled for October 2014, will introduce you the funny puzzles and the point-and-click gameplay.

screen 4

screen 5

screen 6

Originally Posted By: The Knights Of The Round Table
Don't be shy, mate: click on the screenshots to see them bigger!

Hi everyone smile

I'm from Belgium and I'm designing a funny and old-school point and click adventure game for PC and Mac.

Here's the pitch:
After a 10-year quest, Lancelot and his fellow Gawain have found the Holy Grail! Immediately informed, King Arthur runs to meet the most valiant knights of the Round Table. While their king brings them fortune and fame, Lancelot and Gawain celebrate their victory over a few beers. The next morning, Lancelot wakes up in his underwear in a gay bar. The keeper tells him that he has lost the Holy Grail playing cards and Gawain has been kidnapped by environmental activists. If he does not want to be killed by Arthur, Lancelot has to get back the Grail and his companion in arms before the king of Britain discovers what happened.

I've started this thread on this forum to introduce you the game's developpement. I will be extremely glad to get your comments, advices and suggestions. My goal is to provide you the funniest point and click I can.

If you have questions about the sorywriting, the making of the artworks, the code stuff, the list of all psychoactive drugs consumed to craft the puzzles and the 'creative' businness plan behind the game financing (and yes, all the rumours about the offshore accounts and the ties with the Russian mafia you read on the Internet are true!), feel from to drop me a comment. I'll make my best to reply the most sincerely I can.

If you want to test the game, a beta is coming very soon. I'll give a download link on this forum. Or if it's handier for you, I'll tweet the link on @Lancelot_game

Thanks smile

Jean-Baptiste

Quote:
Very Important (although boring) Legal Stuff

The European Commercial Court of Justice (ECCJ), held on 8th February 2014 in Brussels (Belgium), stated that:

• The author of the video game called "Lancelot's Hangover" is no more allowed to include in his playful-oriented computer program any puzzles that can be solved in a logical manner. The player, to progress through the game, must always use, one by one, all the objects in the inventory on all the different objects and characters within the game (and if possible, several times). In addition, only websites in Serbo-Croatian language will be willing to publish a text walkthrough (which must first be encrypted using the SHA-512 algorithm).
  • The author of the video game "Lancelot's Hangover" will also break any contacts with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un by 23th June 2014 and will provide a urine sample, every Tuesday morning, at The European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) until 1st January 2017 inclusive.

Posted By: MaG

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 04:32 PM

welcome Jean-Baptiste and thanks for the information.
Posted By: Marian

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 04:34 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, Jean-Baptiste. Best wishes for your game, and I will check out the links. smile
Posted By: traveler

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 04:35 PM

You are nuts, Jean-Baptiste! rotfl
You had me laughing right off the bat.
Good luck with your endeavor and be sure to provide that link!

Gil.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 05:55 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Jean-Baptiste! Best of luck with your game.

Ana wave

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 06:04 PM

Thanks a lot MaG, Marian, Gil and Ana smile I really appreciate laugh Be sure I look forward to present you the beta!

One question to the moderators: going back to this thread, watching for replies, I realized some images I've posted into the first post was removed. Is it because there were too much of them? I'm a newbie here, got to learn the do's and don'ts wink
Posted By: Iurii

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 06:29 PM

declerfayt, thank you very much for the announcement! The game looks and sounds just great. I especially like its bright and medieval graphics style - it is very similar to 'The Yawhg'.

But some things in its humor makes me feel rather uneasy - is all that 'gay bar' theme really necessary, for example?

(You can look at the example of 'Al Emmo' recently released on Steam - while it is indeed a classic game following best traditions of Sierra and Lucasarts, too much innuendo and filthy humor did ruin the fun for many adventure-loving gamers...)
Posted By: Rushes

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 06:38 PM

Well now, Iurii, your mentioning a 'gay bar' theme makes it all the more enticing for this gamer. lol Everyone's sense of humour and mischief is different. Not every developer is aiming for the mainstream. I applaud that. laugh

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 06:44 PM

Iurii, just like Rushes, I too enjoy the non mainstream humor and themes. It is nice to have choices. If all developers made the same thing, it would be very boring and I myself enjoy an adult or more mature theme. I also loved Al emmo! He had me laughing all the way through.

Jean-Baptiste, I did turn your video into a link to save bandwidth. Generally, we link to screens also in order to save bandwidth. I did not edit it originally but it was likely done for that reason.

Ana wave

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/28/14 06:56 PM

Thanks Iurii for the games! smile I love The Yawhg's graphics and Al Emmo seems pretty fun! Gotta have to try! And thanks for the compliments. I appreciate! smile Don't be afraid about filthy humor (although that kind of stuff makes me laugh too), my game's more absurd-Monty-Python-oriented (you'll know what I mean when playing the beta, you'll talk to the medieval gay bar keeper - stay tune Iurri! wink

Thanks Rushes smile You got it! I don't care about mainstream indeed. I just want to make my best to develop a point and click game that whould be making me laugh the way I did when I was a teen in the early 90's. And my bet is that other players would be interrested too to play with that kind of games. I just make this game for fans like me wink

Thanks Ana for the humor and themes smile I was replying when you posted your message smile

No prob about the brandwidth. I understand managing brandwidth is pretty necessary for a forum, especially with video stuff. I've just realised I was able to embed YouTube links in posts, that's cool smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 01:42 AM

Looking forward to your game, declerfayt bravo Sounds like something I would definitely enjoy !! laugh

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 02:34 AM

declerfayt,

Did you know that Gameboomer's MaG is the foremost walkthrough writer in the Adventure Game world?
I am definitely looking forward to her walkthrough in the required Serbo-Croatian language.

grin

Gil.

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 03:02 AM

I think I heard her faint... lol

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 03:03 AM

HUH!
Posted By: Mad

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 03:19 AM

shame What a naughty traveler !!!! lol lol

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: MaG
HUH!

Let's see...Google Translate says that means, "Oh, boy, I just can't wait!"

grin

Gil.

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 08:49 AM

Thanks Mad for your comment smile

Well, MaG, don't be afraid of the Serbo-Croatian transalation of the walkthrough. You'll only need regular day-to-day lexicon to explain the first 20 different endings of Lancelot's Hangover, but for the last 50... wink
Posted By: Iurii

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 09:04 AM

Yes, there is nothing to be afraid of, as Serbo-Croatian is not a very difficult language. Such a great mind as MaG could learn it even before the game will be out.
But may I hope that the game itself will be in Walloon? smile Or at least in medieval Gaelic?

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 09:20 AM

That would be rather easier for me in Walloon Iurri wink
Posted By: chrissie

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 01:51 PM

Hi Jean-Baptiste wave I just love the humour & will definitely be trying your game! lol

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 03:09 PM

Thanks a lot chrissie. I'll keep you posted smile

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: declerfayt
Thanks Mad for your comment smile

Well, MaG, don't be afraid of the Serbo-Croatian transalation of the walkthrough. You'll only need regular day-to-day lexicon to explain the first 20 different endings of Lancelot's Hangover, but for the last 50... wink

MaG's favorite kind of WT's to write! The more ending the better! rotfl
Posted By: chrissie

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 03:59 PM

Hey Jean-Baptiste, just one concern - you've included a couple of familiar soundtracks one that I know as the song 'I'm too Sexy' - please say that you have permission to use it as I don't want to see you sued for breach of music copyright!

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 05:24 PM

Well chrissie, about the copyright stuff, my lawyer told me that... Look behind you!! A three-headed monkey!!! grin

---------
More seriously chrissie, I'm more like "it's better to apologize rather than ask for permission" (not really sure you can say that in English, but you get the idea). Lancelot is a free small one-person projet. I don't earn money with it, so I don't make money with other person's work, and I respect YouTube's rules about music from 3rd party (actually, you can use music if it lasts less than 30 seconds). Anyway, if copyright holders complains, I'll erase the music. And if they sue me, well, I'm [blip] broke so there not much to take from my pockets wink
-------------

BrownEyedTigre: you make me want to craft the most difficult game ever in Serbo-Croation, just to make it fun for the WT laugh

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 06:04 PM

declerfayt: you make me want to hang up my walkthrough writing activities. lol

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/29/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG
declerfayt: you make me want to hang up my walkthrough writing activities. lol

No-o-o-!
Quick, declerfayt, add some more endings!
I don't think you have enough to keep MaG happy.

By the way, how did you come up with your ideas for the game?
Are you a fan of medieval art...or do you hate it? grin
What made you decide to pick on make a game about Lancelot and the Holy Grail?

Gil.
Posted By: Jessa

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/30/14 10:34 PM

I am really looking forward to this game. I love the humor so far. I think my viewers will really like this one. But please, put in an "idiot-mode" that allows one to skip the puzzles if they wish!

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/31/14 05:23 PM

Well, MaG, I think Jessa gave me an idea! The game opens on a dialog box with one question: "Are you here to write a WT?". If players replies no, you've got the regular game. But if players says no, you get a nice collection of nonlinear differential equations to be solved in less than a minute!!! I still hesitate about the soundtrack though. GameBoomers community, what do you prefer: yelling babies sounds or more rusty chainsaw chain sounds during the equations? wink

More seriously, thanks Jessa for the compliments! smile I hope your viewers will like it! I didn't designed the hint system yet. I prefer sort of subtle "in-game hints" provided by talking with characters rather than a trivial hint system, but I'll think of something funny to do. I've putted in my to-do list smile But don't worry: it's not a linear gameplay. If you're stuck on one puzzle, there's very often another one to be solved in another place.

Well Gil, when I first read your post, I was like "[blip] it! He has found my horrible secret!!!! I'm lost!!!" laugh To be very frank with you, I choose medieval art because... it's easy to draw laugh No perspective, no shadows - it's simple and beautiful art. Making this game alone, drawning dozen of backgrounds, characters and graphic assets takes loooooooooots of time, so optimizing as much as I can the time-costing aspect is crucial if I want my game to be done. Plus, I'm a big fan of anachronisms in classic point and click games (MI, Simon The Sorcerer). I love medievial times since I'm a child. And of course, all the Lancelot thing is a huge reference to the Monty Pythons, which I'm a huge fan!!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/31/14 05:47 PM

You might want to edit your tagline though, declerfayt. smile "One alcohol night to lose it" gives me the grammatical heebie-jeebies. (I'm annoying like that.)

"One alcohol-filled night to lose it" or "One booze-soaked night to lose it" makes more sense.

I'll go and sit in the grammar corner now, with an anxious expression on my face. laugh

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/31/14 06:14 PM

lol I'm with you Rushes! I noticed that too.

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 05/31/14 07:14 PM

Thanks for mention it Rushes (I'm a French-speaking native as you probably noticed) I'll change the pitch line for further versions smile

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 08/05/14 06:49 PM

Lancelot's first beta is available!
Free! 20-minute-long!

Including knights in underwear!

http://www.lancelotshangover.com/point-and-click-adventure-video-game/download

screen 1

screen 2

screen 3

The very first playable beta of Lancelot's Hangover is available! It's 32.7 megabytes and 20 minutes of medieval fun, including 256-color VGA graphics in 1080p for later-than-1995-Pentium users! And it's free!

This first beta shows you what will be the humour, the dialogs, the main characters and the graphical style of the game. A later beta, scheduled for October 2014, will introduce you the funny puzzles and the point-and-click gameplay.

All bug reports, suggestions, comments are welome! Don't be shy! I will be glad to hear from you!

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 08/05/14 08:39 PM

Do you want to hear from us here on the forum or in private, declerfayte?

Gil.

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 08/06/14 12:26 PM

Send me an email ou post in this forum: both options are 100% OK for me Gil smile

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 10/09/14 06:25 PM

The whole storyboard of Lancelot's Hangover is finally finished!

Everthing is on the walls: the puzzles, the story, the cutscenes, the characters. All I need to do now is finishing all the drawings, wire the whole thing in the game engine, make a bit of code - and the game is done! smile

screen 1

screen 2

As a bonus, here's some brand new drawings from the game!

Screen 3

Screen 4

screen 5

screen 6

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 10/09/14 07:01 PM

declerfayt, please do not change the urls to pics again, we have a limit of 20K for each screen and I have requested it privately prior but they keep being put back.

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 10/13/14 08:22 PM

Indeed BrownEyedTigre, all the screens were >20K - sorry for this. I'll think of a solution to export visible enough screen weighter then 20K.

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 10/13/14 09:10 PM

Links are great, if you note all the announcements I make, I link to everything. grin

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 11/19/14 10:12 PM

Greenlight !!! Yes !!! ;-D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340704190

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 11/19/14 10:31 PM

Yay!!! Congrats woot
Posted By: Marian

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 11/19/14 10:35 PM

woot Great news! wave

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to - 11/21/14 12:24 AM

Thanks a lot BrownEyedTigre and Marian smile
Posted By: ViktorTheBoar

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol-filled night to lose it. - 11/27/14 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: declerfayt
LANCELOT'S HANGOVER
  • In addition, only websites in Serbo-Croatian language will be willing to publish a text walkthrough (which must first be encrypted using the SHA-512 algorithm).

EDITED due to scrolling page.

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol-filled night to lose it. - 11/27/14 04:32 PM

I don't think it understood your font Viktor. Let me try this for you:

Quote:
Nemaš beda tebra, ja ću sve da otkrijem
Posted By: ViktorTheBoar

Re: LANCELOT'S HANGOVER : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol-filled night to lose it. - 11/27/14 10:06 PM

Oh well, it's more or less in serbo-croatian laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community