GB HOMEPAGE

Syberia 3walkthru

Posted By: teresa

Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:00 PM

As there are no new games to be had I decided to download syberia 3 from big fish with an aim to buy. I have fond memories of both the previous syberias and wanted to see what it was about. Well - I found out - I started to play and noticed something familiar, so I went back and looked for a walkthru. Well there was none so I checked boomers walkthrus and found out why it was so familiar. If you check syberia 1 walkthru by McGtro june 2002 and go to chapter 3 Komkolzgrad Dark Servitude you will find its the walkthru for syberia 3. at least it is so far. I just thought you might want to know.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:10 PM

Sorry this happened to you. Big Fish is selling the original Syberia game in three parts, so what you purchased, you have already played. If you write to Big Fish and explain this to them, I am sure that they would issue you a replacement coupon code so that you could get another game. wave
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:17 PM

so i am reading right there is a 3rd game to syberia?

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: my10rugrats
so i am reading right there is a 3rd game to syberia?

It is in the works, but it hasn't been released yet.
Posted By: my10rugrats

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:25 PM

so what is the one bfg has? cool i can't wait i have 1 and 2

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:27 PM

The one Big Fish has is the original Syberia game, broken into three parts; and they also have Syberia 2. In other words, nothing new for those who have played the first two games already. wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:45 PM

Hi, Marian!

BFG must have received a lot of complaints because I just checked and Syberia is labeled as Syberia Part 1, Syberia Part 2 and Syberia Part 3, so there should be no confusion that it is one game broken up into 3 parts. I assume Syberia II is the complete game.

Susan

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 08:52 PM

Hi Susan, I think it was the publisher's decision to describe them that way, but someone please correct me if I am wrong. Be that as it may, it confused the heck out of people; that's for sure. wave

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 10:58 PM

Hi, Marian!

I don't know what the description on BFG used to be, but Syberia Parts 1, 2 and 3 tell me that it is one game broken up into 3 parts grin ! Of course, by selling it in 3 parts, that's 3X the revenue than they would get if they sold it as one game.

Susan

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 11:04 PM

Yes, I agree, Susan, but apparently some folks missed the critical word "part" and/or didn't question it, and also of course being caught unaware that the game would be broken up like that. Extra revenue (or at least the possibility of it) is probably why it got divided up like that. I hope this doesn't happen with other adventure games that have been out for a while.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 11:17 PM

Just to clarify - it is not Big Fish's decision to release it into parts. It is Anuman Interactive that did so. They now own Microids and are also responsible for Dracula 4 and 5.
It felt like someone cut up Mona Lisa. cry
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/24/14 11:49 PM

I found the same thing to be true for the Siberia App for Macs. They sell it in three parts. I bought all three and found it to be a slightly watered down version of the original. A lot of the puzzles were eliminated or already solved for you and there were some areas that were not accessible. However I enjoyed playing again, since I'm always looking for good adventure games to play on my Mac.
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/25/14 01:35 AM

Quick mention to those that have not played Syberia 1 & 2, Steam has them both for a total of $1.49.

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/25/14 01:42 AM

Hi, Marian!

I checked the game boxes for Syberia and Syberia II, and I paid $39.99 for each of them when they were first released, and they were worth every penny. Even though Syberia is broken up into 3 parts, $20.97 (BFG member prices) is a bargain lol !

Susan

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/25/14 01:49 AM

Indeed. Imagine the money we would save if we bought all of our games 10 years after they were released. We would not only save money on the game, but we would also get to play the "see if I can get the game to run" game as well. smile
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/25/14 02:21 AM

That deal on GOG is too good to pass up! Thanks, Terri!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/25/14 02:31 AM

Draclvr,

The $1.49 deal was on Steam. I think the price has gone up now to $3.74 or something. I managed to catch it at $1.49 but I had got Syberia II on GOG the other day for $1.99. Never saw the first game come up so I went for the Steam sale.

Re: Syberia 3walkthru - 06/25/14 02:26 PM

Hi, Marian!

Games were even more expensive here in Canada in the '90s because I paid $79.99 for most of them. I never once complained, though, because they would provide weeks worth of enjoyment, plus the bonus of the camaraderie on whatever online service you belonged to. It's always more fun to play together and I was a member of the now-defunct GAMERS forum on Compuserve when some of the best games were released. I remember when we were playing Gabriel Knight, Jane Jensen would pop in every so often to see how we were enjoying the game and to offer hints to those who were stuck.

Now, those who missed out on "the golden years" can download and play the games we enjoyed so much from BFG for a fraction of the price or purchase them from sites such as GoG.

Susan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community