GB HOMEPAGE

Uru, sorry its over

Posted By: satch

Uru, sorry its over - 06/25/14 03:43 PM

WOW. I just finished Uru, with expansion pack 1 & 2. What a disappointment, not with the game, but the fact it is over. I think I will play it again, just for the graphics, now that I don't have to look for clues.

It was probably the most stunning graphics of any game I've played. Truly amazing. I know the game has been out for quite awhile, but I just discovered it on a recommendation from fellow Boomers. I especially liked the connection with the original Myst at the end, another of my favorites.

Any suggestions for another game in this same vain. I've played the other Myst versions. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks to all the Boomers who provided help and hints during the game play.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 06/25/14 03:51 PM

Is the online version with new ages (newer than To D'Ni and Path of the Shell) still up? Assuming it is, you might need to install the "online" version and replay, but don't be too surprised if you meet a few people there.

http://mystonline.com/en/
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 06/25/14 04:32 PM

Uru was indeed a special game. I don't really have a recommendation for another one but I too was sad when it ended.

Ana wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 06/26/14 09:52 AM

I loved URU too. I replay it once a year. It is amazing how it seems more enjoyable each time I play!
Posted By: Geo

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 06/26/14 01:06 PM

You could try this satch---( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgfGswc8rl8 )
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 11:43 AM

May i ask a question cause i know nothing for online gaming...

If i enter my email address to URU

i can play the game online without charge?
Posted By: kjos

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 01:08 PM

I downloaded the game but it's not free. You have to donate so much a month.
Richard

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
I downloaded the game but it's not free. You have to donate so much a month.
Richard

Are you sure about that?
They may ask for donations once a month, but I've never heard of donating being a requirement. Of course it's nice to help them out if you use their service. But it wouldn't be a "donation" if it was required.

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 02:23 PM

Will look again. I'm sure you have to donate. You can use pay-pal.
Richard

Donating with PayPal
You can click on the button below. During the checkout process, please click on MO:UL Account and Player ID and enter both your Account (email address you used to sign up for MO:UL) and your Player name. We’ll need both—spelled correctly. Thanks

Please enter your donation amount.

Purpose Donation amount Make This Recurring (Monthly) Total
Myst Online: Uru Live $ $0.00

Total: $0.00 USD

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 02:36 PM

I have not been required to make a donation to play Uru online, but if you like the game, it would make sense to help pay for development. However, I don't find the online version much different from the full version I downloaded from Gog.com for about $5.

Hope this helps.

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 02:36 PM

Those are instructions for donating.
Where does it say you HAVE to donate in order to play?

On this page
http://mystonline.com/en/play/

it clearly states
Quote:
In order to play Myst Online on the Cyan Worlds server, you must first create an account. Then you need to download the installer.

And the cost is... Free!
There are no hidden charges or fees. No charge for exploring extra ages. No fees for wearing more than one outfit a day. No inter-Age linking tax. Even your extra bags are free.
However, if you feel so inclined, please donate.

That means donations are optional.

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 02:41 PM

I tried to play the game but I need a username and password.

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/13/14 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
I tried to play the game but I need a username and password.

That doesn't mean you have to donate.

Go here and send them your email and they should get in touch with you about your new account.
http://account.mystonline.com/accounts/index.php

If you already have an account associated with your email address, but have forgotten the password, go here to reset the password
http://account.mystonline.com/accounts/reset.php

If you don't receive emails from them, check to see if it was misdirected to a spam folder.
Posted By: rmt

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/15/14 01:42 AM

I never played Uru, so I can't be sure, but perhaps Schizm: Mysterious Journey is in the same vein?

And if you buy it be careful, there is a low resolution version and high res version. A long time ago I bought the wrong one and I had to buy it again.

A sequel, Mysterious Journey II (also known as Schizm II: Chameleon) also exists.

Wiki says they are similar to the Myst series, especially Riven.

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/15/14 01:49 AM

Thanks rmt, I'll look into it.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/15/14 02:43 AM

I really enjoyed Uru live.... in fact I still pop in there every once in a while...
Posted By: sanford

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/15/14 04:24 AM

I have the original boxed version of this game: "Uru Complete Chronicles". I just played it again as a MALE avatar, completed the game, and now I'm playing it once more as a FEMALE avatar.
It's one of the most beautiful games I have ever played as far as graphics, sounds, and music AND as gameplay. I have the Graphics on the options menu cranked up to the max, and it's working perfectly on my "old" WIN XP computer. Plenty of walkthroughs right here on GB.
I'm sure the GOG version is just as good. ENJOY!
Sandy
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/15/14 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: rmt
I never played Uru, so I can't be sure, but perhaps Schizm: Mysterious Journey is in the same vein?

And if you buy it be careful, there is a low resolution version and high res version. A long time ago I bought the wrong one and I had to buy it again.

A sequel, Mysterious Journey II (also known as Schizm II: Chameleon) also exists.

Wiki says they are similar to the Myst series, especially Riven.

I liked Schizm: Mysterious Journey but not the sequel smirk
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Uru, sorry its over - 07/16/14 07:30 PM

For no reason I can state, I've never tried "URU live." However, I am so old that I remember buying URU before it first came out. At that time "URU online" was supposed to be part of the deal. When it went offline (Due to volume problems if I remember) all of us who bought early received "The Path of the Shell" and the other add-on for free. I still believe it is the single best adventure game ever. I play it least once a year.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community